Indicator/Blinker Problems and A/C air mixer/feet & face vent problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 03:42 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indicator/Blinker Problems and A/C air mixer/feet & face vent problems

My 2010 RDX Tech non-awd has problems with the indicator/blinker control. Left signal works fine, but the right signal has issues. When engaged, the right side now blinks at a very rapid pace compared to normal/left side. The sound of the right blinker also does not work most of the time, but when it does it matches the higher paced blinking of the right side. Thank you!

In addition, I am having very intermittent air mixing problems. When the problems occurs it is always a lack of air flow through the face vents. I have tried every setting, every combo, turned the car off and on. Nothing will resolve the problem. It will almost completely stop flowing air through the face vents (there is sometimes some air coming through the left- and right- most vents, but it is basically no flow). The problem resolves on its own randomly and comes back very randomly. When it most recently happened, I left the mode to face only and the air flowed fully through the feet vents. After some time it started flowing through the face vents again. On its own, no settings changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Link to thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...errerid=381429
Old 06-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Replace your bulb
Old 06-20-2017, 07:03 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Replace your bulb
Thanks! Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on why the bulb is the problem?
Old 06-20-2017, 08:36 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Replace your bulb
Update: noticed that the problem does not exist when using the hazard light button. The blinker bulb in the headlight is noticeably less bright than the other side. Thanks for the solid advice! Would like to here why this problem arises as a result of this?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
I believe it has to do with the resistance in the electrical circuit. When a bulb dies, the resistance changes and causes the blinker to cycle more often. Someone with knowledge in electronics can probably explain it a lot better.
The following users liked this post:
DrInvincible (06-30-2017)