How to turn off seat belt warning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to turn off seat belt warning?

Yes I always wear a seat belt. But there are times, like dropping people off, etc where the passenger seat belt is taken off and you get that women yelling at you that I don't need. I looked under the passenger seat and there are at least three different wiring harness connections. Anyone know the right one to disconnect?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
YOu mean this warning?
I wonder about the legalities of doing that...in the event that you sell your car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkpXa3fuvMU
Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
YOu mean this warning?
I wonder about the legalities of doing that...in the event that you sell your car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkpXa3fuvMU
It is a clip in wiring harness, it would take about 5 seconds to plug it back in.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Instructor

I doubt you would be able to just unplug the buckle, well you could, but..... I don't know about honda/acura, but the german cars airbag systems monitor the buckle, so if you unplug it, you will have the airbag warning light on instead. and generally when there are faults in the airbag system, that system will be disabled since it may not determine deployment correctly.

if you think just a little, it's the easiest warning in the world to make go away...... you don't need to unplug anything.........................
Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrrdx
It is a clip in wiring harness, it would take about 5 seconds to plug it back in.
If you know what to do, why ask?
I think that you are trying to do something that does not make sense. In as much as I hate the bitch, reminding me to put the seatbelt on once or twice is not going to make me go cutting/unplugging wires that are part of the safety system of the car...
Old 05-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wrestrepo
If you know what to do, why ask?
I think that you are trying to do something that does not make sense. In as much as I hate the bitch, reminding me to put the seatbelt on once or twice is not going to make me go cutting/unplugging wires that are part of the safety system of the car...
true dat.

if you know it only takes 5 seconds to plug it back in, why not just give it a try?

as much as i hate the seat belt warning, it is there for a legitimate reason and i wouldn't even think about messing around with it.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrrdx
Yes I always wear a seat belt. But there are times, like dropping people off, etc where the passenger seat belt is taken off and you get that women yelling at you that I don't need. I looked under the passenger seat and there are at least three different wiring harness connections. Anyone know the right one to disconnect?
Sorry, no.

P.S. Hey, do you really live in Windermere? Are you a chauffeur for those rich snobs I've met from there? They thought all peeps from Indiana were hicks. They were right for the most part, but just because they're millionaires doesn't make them any better than me.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

Not easy

Hey guys, so pulled off the 4 seat bolts and tipped the driver seat back to get a good view of the connectors and wiring routes. If you look uber the seat, even when bolted down, you'll notice in the middle a large gray connector flanked by two small yellow connectors on either side. The left yellow connector is the one registering the seatbelt latch. If you unplug it, you'll get an Airbag System warning. It's not worth it to disable the airbag system nor to potentially risk prematurely deploying the airbag, which can occur.

I believe there's also a weight sensor in the seat that knows there's a person in it, even if the belt latch is unplugged so you'll still get the annoying warning.

It's obnoxiously loud in the RDX and inconvient when rolling 5 mph into or out of the home driveway. I always buckle up but there are times when it's safe and convenient not to.