Help! Window rubber seal molding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 03:54 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Window rubber seal molding?

I have posted a photo of this rubber and I don't know the name exactly but it's already fragile and sticky. What do you call this moldings and do you have an idea where can I order and buy this part? Thanks

Window seal driver side.

I have Acura RDX 2007
Old 08-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
RDX-Door Moulding-Belt Molding Left 72450STKA01
RDX-Door Moulding-Belt Molding Right 72410STKA01
RDX Exterior-Rear-Belt Molding Right 72910STKA01
RDX Exterior-Rear-Belt Molding Left 72950STKA01

Hope that helps. Just replaced all 4 of mine recently. Super easy to do, don't let the dealership charge you over 1 hour for each door (quoted me 4 hours total). Study the clips on the new one and you can easily extrapolate removal of old one. Get some plastic trim removal tool to not scratch your paint. Will need some prying.
The following users liked this post:
Kaputnik (01-24-2017)
Old 08-23-2016, 02:07 AM
7th Gear

Thanks a lot Crazyness. I'll try to search for this parts.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Does replacement of these seals require removing the interior door panels? I have two of my four window seals suddenly forming vertical cracks. My independent Honda/Acura certified mechanic thought Acura was helping customers replace these. Has there been a service bulletins or recall issue. My greatest concern is letting water drain into the interior of the door panel.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by john50
Does replacement of these seals require removing the interior door panels? I have two of my four window seals suddenly forming vertical cracks. My independent Honda/Acura certified mechanic thought Acura was helping customers replace these. Has there been a service bulletins or recall issue. My greatest concern is letting water drain into the interior of the door panel.

Mine on the passenger left side recently developed a bunch of cracks and needs replacing. The parts listed in the earlier post are not correct. I believe it is called inner window weatherstrip when I looked them up the other day. You need to remove the door panel and windows to replace these. I think its just a wear item, no recall!

I think this is an example of the part, but I could be wrong: 72835-STK-A01.

Last edited by Kaputnik; 01-23-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
Mine on the passenger left side recently developed a bunch of cracks and needs replacing. The parts listed in the earlier post are not correct. I believe it is called inner window weatherstrip when I looked them up the other day. You need to remove the door panel and windows to replace these. I think its just a wear item, no recall!

I think this is an example of the part, but I could be wrong: 72835-STK-A01.
It's pretty hard to tell from the parts diagrams, but now I think I am probably wrong. The information a few posts up seems correct.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CrAzYNeSs
RDX-Door Moulding-Belt Molding Left 72450STKA01
RDX-Door Moulding-Belt Molding Right 72410STKA01
RDX Exterior-Rear-Belt Molding Right 72910STKA01
RDX Exterior-Rear-Belt Molding Left 72950STKA01

Hope that helps. Just replaced all 4 of mine recently. Super easy to do, don't let the dealership charge you over 1 hour for each door (quoted me 4 hours total). Study the clips on the new one and you can easily extrapolate removal of old one. Get some plastic trim removal tool to not scratch your paint. Will need some prying.
Crazyness, would you mind providing any more details on how you changed these? I've seen another post stating that you do not need to remove the inner door panels. My LR door moulding is rapidly disintegrating, and I need to do this asap.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:34 AM
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've just changed out these seals as well...part numbers listed above by crazyness are accurate. Total was about $180. 53 each for the fronts and 38 each for the rears. For reference, my RDX is a 2008. I'm assuming any that generation are the same.

I removed the small plastic panel at the front of the front window and the taller triangle shaped plastic panel on the rear door to gain much better access. All you have to do is pop the tweeter panel out of the front door and there are two small black screws that hold the outer panel. For the rear doors, there is a similarly shaped panel (no tweeter obviously) and behind that is 1 screw that holds the outer panel on. The rear one you then have to slide up as it has several plastic "keys" that lock in to notches in the door frame. Watch the clip at very top of the panel and make sure it's clear before you try to pull that panel off.

Once you have those panels removed and can compare the new weather strips to the ones on the car, you should have little difficulty removing them with a little patience and some light prying. The new strips come complete with clips already attached, so that makes it much easier to see what you're up against when trying to remove the old.

Let me know if you have questions, I was a little frustrated that the whole thing cost almost 200 bucks, but after it was all done, I'm really pleased with the result.
The following users liked this post:
Kaputnik (02-03-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by john574
I've just changed out these seals as well...part numbers listed above by crazyness are accurate. Total was about $180. 53 each for the fronts and 38 each for the rears. For reference, my RDX is a 2008. I'm assuming any that generation are the same.

I removed the small plastic panel at the front of the front window and the taller triangle shaped plastic panel on the rear door to gain much better access. All you have to do is pop the tweeter panel out of the front door and there are two small black screws that hold the outer panel. For the rear doors, there is a similarly shaped panel (no tweeter obviously) and behind that is 1 screw that holds the outer panel on. The rear one you then have to slide up as it has several plastic "keys" that lock in to notches in the door frame. Watch the clip at very top of the panel and make sure it's clear before you try to pull that panel off.

Once you have those panels removed and can compare the new weather strips to the ones on the car, you should have little difficulty removing them with a little patience and some light prying. The new strips come complete with clips already attached, so that makes it much easier to see what you're up against when trying to remove the old.

Let me know if you have questions, I was a little frustrated that the whole thing cost almost 200 bucks, but after it was all done, I'm really pleased with the result.
Very helpful. Could I ask where you purchased the new weatherstrips from? Thanks!