Fun driving with our RDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fun driving with our RDX

The RDX has been on the road for over a month. Let us, new owners share some of our driving experience with it.

I personally think it is very fun to drive. It is a SUV but it responds fast. I was driving it on a two lanes traffic road this morning. Its responsiveness and power allows me to move between cars and pass other cars without a problem. One a while, there are some cars on the road want to outrace but not a chance. So much fun especially cutting the corner !

Share your stories and experience.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I feel most people think the car has much less power than it does, because they see the CR-V and Escapes out there with 160-200hp. Not expecting that 240hp and 260ftlb torque to come out of that thing. O and the blow off valve gets em every time...RDX for the win! BTW I feel this car is AMAZING to drive, no comparison. Handling is superb, Response is great, agile, and man I have to stop myself from gettin on the gas too much, starting to cost some $$ in gas...hehe
Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Advanced

i really like the RDX's ride...it is comfortable and quiet yet it is responsive. i can enjoy the music while driving without being disturbed by the traffic noise outside. i go over bumpy road like i am sitting on a cushion. there are also minimium body roll while turning...it is soo comfortable driving the rdx
Old 10-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Intermediate

cop stop

my wife was dropping me off at a meeting on wed and screeched to a stop at a red light, only to see a cop behind the lampost and over he came rader gun in hand, my wife apologised and explained its new and has a turbo, he stepped back smilled and walked away shaking his head, she was clocked at 70 in a 50 zone, i guess he liked the rdx.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah... I'm sure it was the RDX

Mike
Old 10-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Advanced

Day four ... :love: still in honeymoon phase

Nice... I hope I get the same experience next time I see blinky-blinky lights in the rear-view mirror

Seriously, this is a very fun ride. It's got the luxe comfort, quiet, studiness ... with a nice youthful kick. Honda has nailed making nice, torquey, powerful 4c engines. I felt much the same with my TSX.

Now let's all be honest... a big part of the fun is the technology. I'm really impressed with HFL and how well it works - and sounds. The radio with the 5.1 is awesome - and being able to load up 5 CDs with a gazillion WMA/MP3s is an added bonus. The Nav is well thought out (I've used many - from handheld, PDA, nEverLost, etc.). The GUI behind it all is very well thought out and - while intimidating at first - becomes second nature very quickly.

This is my second Acura ... and I have to say I'm a very, very satisfied customer. Two cars without second thoughts or regrets.

Now.... our other car is an Escape - v6 - and while I appreciate that it has a bigger engine, the RDX is faster, has tighter handling - as it should, since it costs about 2x.

Cheers,
mj
Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 PM
rdxsteverino

MJ-bos: Your RDX avitar looks a bit odd

My guess is you edited out your front license plate leaving a new higher line to the front lower grill.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Advanced

Nope ... it's more sinister than that ... I took Acura's stock pix and made the interior ebony and ghosted-back the background. We've had clouds & wind here and I can't get a good pix of my own ride
Old 10-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ-bos
Nope ... it's more sinister than that ... I took Acura's stock pix and made the interior ebony and ghosted-back the background. We've had clouds & wind here and I can't get a good pix of my own ride
I thought I recognized that picture!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Uphill

I was going a bit uphill, RDX gave more than enough power to accelerate and move without a problem. Really fun ! But also notice the gas went a lot faster too

I guess there is a price for fun to drive, no free lunch

But I enjoy doing it once a while
Old 02-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Racer

Remember, Its not miles per gallon, it's SMILES per mile!!! Dang, I cant wait to get mine!!! MJ-bos, do you still have the TSX? I love mine, only wish it had the turbo.....
Old 02-18-2008, 09:13 AM
El Chulo...

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Technocharged

I'm glad to hear everyone is enjoying their RDX's. I have had mine for alomst a year now, and many more smiles to come...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Racer

The RDX is great fun to drive, for a 4000 pound SUV. Don't try comparing it to a sports car weighing half as much, though.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The RDX saved my ass the other day. Or I should say SH-AWD and VSA. Here's the situation, I'm going down a hill at night, and at the bottom of this hill there is a sharp, 90 deg left turn. I decided I was going to have a little fun and take the turn at speed.

The problem though, was I didn't see the black ice on the road and as soon as a made the sharp left turn, my tail started to slide out and I went into oversteer. But before I even knew what happened, I was straight again and through the turn no problem! Any other car and I would have been off the road and in serious trouble.

Needless to say, but I am a very satisfied Acura RDX owner.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 PM
9th Gear

Smile In love with my RDX

I got my RDX about a month ago and am ridiculously happy with it - to the point that I feel almost guilty that a car can give so much pleasure!

I traded in a little Mini Cooper, which was fun and cute but reduced me to tears in snow and was also petrifying when people cut it up on the highways. The RDX is still a lot of fun. The drive is just great and I like the racing car steering wheel shifters... and its soooooo.... comfortable with the squishy seats and engulfing audio system.

I wouldn't mind a bit better fuel economy (I realize there are hundreds of posts on this). I think my Rav4 gets better but its very "utilitarian" to drive in comparison.

Couldnt be happier a month in!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Racer

We have several large "round-abouts" where I reside. That being said, the RDX can easily maneuver w/o stepping out of it's lane (zero tire noise), whereas my '03 CR-V you had to fight the steering wheel a bit and over correct (the tires would squeal too).