Eibach Lowering Springs Mislabeled

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eibach Lowering Springs Mislabeled

Hey, I recently bought a set of Eibach springs from Heeltoe online. When I went to install them I noticed that the front springs were mislabeled. Eibach have the Left numbered and Right and vice versa. It's pretty obvious when you remove them as the springs coil in opposite directions.

I called Heeltoe just to make sure and they told me they already knew about it. I asked why they didn't inform people when they buy the product and the response I got was, "well it's only come up a couple of times." So they already knew about this and are still not telling customers when they order them.

I was pretty annoyed when speaking with them once I was told that they already knew but just weren't telling people upon ordering.

Just wanted to give people a heads up for future orders.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
I had the same reaction when I installed them. I ended up calling Eibach customer service to make sure the instructions were wrong. They acknowledged as such. I don't think I used the bump stock things on the front or rears either, forget which one. I also remember having fun taking the rear springs out. Finally, everything worked. Good Luck.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I had mine installed by the dealership so I have no idea if they were mislabeled or not. Would I have felt anything that would tell me they were installed on the wrong side?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:31 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I don’t think them would fit properly and they would most likely make noise.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Instructor

It looks normal and same 3 finger gap on both sides. It drives and handles pretty well. It does make some 'soft' clunking noises during low speed turning, mainly in parking lots and it seems to only do it the first few turns...almost like they're warming up or something. The installing tech has been at that dealership for a long time and is their lead tech, think he's the only one there that will install aftermarket parts.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:19 AM
CSmoney28

They shouldn’t be making clunking noises, that’s not normal for a suspension. Unless, maybe you were going over bumps or a road with lots of dimples in it. Even then it should be able to absorbed them pretty well.
The following users liked this post:
x2lacrosse (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Instructor

Thought I read in another thread some other people had suspension noises too (after spring install)...I know every car reacts different, but most other people have heard suspension noises too (after having aftermarket springs installed). I've always joined a forum for previous cars I've owned; Civic, RSX, M3 (E46) IS, G37....and I've always heard one or more reports of some suspension noises post install.
Oh well; going back for RV6 DP install soon so I'll ask him to check it out while there. Thanks 4 your feedback.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:29 AM
CSmoney28

No problem, best of luck. Keep us updated. I have BC Racing coilovers and my suspension is way better than factory noise wise.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
My two cents after installing the Eibach springs a couple of years ago, when I am backing up out of the driveway at very slow speeds, I hear a noise from the front end that I liken to the top spring coils rubbing together. Usually here it when I am turning the wheel to pull out. I figured that is why there is the plastic coverings on the top coils, so if they do hit, the noise is muffled. Could be totally wrong, but I do hear a noise from the front end. Once I am going forward, it either disappears or is drowned out by other tire road noise. Or my stereo. Either way, drives great. Though I don't push it like on a track or anything. I just put modifications on to see if I could do it.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hues10
My two cents after installing the Eibach springs a couple of years ago, when I am backing up out of the driveway at very slow speeds, I hear a noise from the front end that I liken to the top spring coils rubbing together. Usually here it when I am turning the wheel to pull out. I figured that is why there is the plastic coverings on the top coils, so if they do hit, the noise is muffled. Could be totally wrong, but I do hear a noise from the front end. Once I am going forward, it either disappears or is drowned out by other tire road noise. Or my stereo. Either way, drives great. Though I don't push it like on a track or anything. I just put modifications on to see if I could do it.
You're spot on; that's exactly what I hear. Just some noises at very low speeds and usually only when the car hasn't been driven for a few hours. At higher speeds around curves or through a traffic circle, don't hear anything. These springs definitely flattened the handling out big time; through the same traffic circles and curves I've taken for years, I can now take all of them much faster and w/o the roll. Overall, a great investment.