Driver's seat position memory

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:12 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's seat position memory

I received a message from Acura saying there was a setup option to remember the driver seat and mirror positions. I haven't been able to find this in the setup options or manual. Has anyone seen this?
Old 10-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One thing everyone feels was a big leave out was a seat memory for this car. Unless it is in fact hidden somehow in the MID(highly highly doubt it), the seat memory is not included in the RDX.

Mike
Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Dennis

Originally Posted by ocrdx
I received a message from Acura saying there was a setup option to remember the driver seat and mirror positions. I haven't been able to find this in the setup options or manual. Has anyone seen this?
Everyone's been complaining about the lack of memory seat and mirrors. Could you please post the entire message you got from Acura?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Instructor

Are you talking about the Feature Guide on the Navi? That also says there is an auto-open feature for the windows and sunroof. Unfortunately the guide was just completely lifted from the RL without any changes and plopped into the RDX.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:11 PM
10th Gear

Message from Acura

I didn't save the message - it came on the nav system through Acura link. It was one of the approximately 20 tips that Acura sends you when the car is new. I think it was probably a mistake on Acura's part to include that message to RDX customers.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Missin my TSX =(

from what my dealer told me... and from that i read on the specs of the new MDX.... appparently our remotes are our memory seats/mirrors/audio stations/climate control.... what it does is if u use remote 1 and set ur mirrors and seats a certain way, have the AC on a certain fan speed and wat presets u have on ur radio.... it will all be stored in that remote... then on remote 2, if u change anything, it will save on remote 2... and if u use remote 1 again, once u unlock the door, and open it... it should go back to the settings on remote 1.... this is what it says on the MDX specs...

Remote entry system with Acura personalized settings for driver’s seat, steering column, outside mirrors, climate control, select audio settings and more

my service manager told me that the RDX has it... i knew it was bullshyt from the beginning cuz i know i didnt read it on the RDX specs... he told me to try it... i didnt, cuz i know it would be a waste of time... so as conclusion, i would say, no the rdx doesnt have memory anything
Old 10-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
from what my dealer told me... and from that i read on the specs of the new MDX.... appparently our remotes are our memory seats/mirrors/audio stations/climate control.... what it does is if u use remote 1 and set ur mirrors and seats a certain way, have the AC on a certain fan speed and wat presets u have on ur radio.... it will all be stored in that remote... then on remote 2, if u change anything, it will save on remote 2... and if u use remote 1 again, once u unlock the door, and open it... it should go back to the settings on remote 1.... this is what it says on the MDX specs...

Remote entry system with Acura personalized settings for driver’s seat, steering column, outside mirrors, climate control, select audio settings and more

my service manager told me that the RDX has it... i knew it was bullshyt from the beginning cuz i know i didnt read it on the RDX specs... he told me to try it... i didnt, cuz i know it would be a waste of time... so as conclusion, i would say, no the rdx doesnt have memory anything
I wish this is all true

If not, I can't believe a service manager gave you this bullshit. If a salesperson did said that, I am not surprised though
Old 10-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Seeing as its a manual steering wheel...

Mike
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by acurardx
I wish this is all true

If not, I can't believe a service manager gave you this bullshit. If a salesperson did said that, I am not surprised though
In my two experiences with the Acura service dept at my dealership, I have come to the conclusion that they really have no idea about anything to do with the RDX specifically. Both times they had told me, this is the first time we have seen an RDX in the service dept. Even though mine had been in there previously. The model is still new enough that the service dept hasn't had a chance to work on and become familiar with it. I would have thought they would go through model specific training for each vehicle as they come out, but I guess not or you have to get the 1 or 2 people that did go through the training and I haven't been lucky enough to get anyone like that. I was in there today and dealt with the service dept "foreman" and he said this is the first time he has seen one in there and he had no clue. It was obvious he was very knowledgable about Acuras and how they are supposed to work, but he knew nothing about the RDX in particular.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Advanced

Welcome to the "first buyers club".

Originally Posted by sasair
In my two experiences with the Acura service dept at my dealership, I have come to the conclusion that they really have no idea about anything to do with the RDX specifically. Both times they had told me, this is the first time we have seen an RDX in the service dept. Even though mine had been in there previously. The model is still new enough that the service dept hasn't had a chance to work on and become familiar with it. I would have thought they would go through model specific training for each vehicle as they come out, but I guess not or you have to get the 1 or 2 people that did go through the training and I haven't been lucky enough to get anyone like that. I was in there today and dealt with the service dept "foreman" and he said this is the first time he has seen one in there and he had no clue. It was obvious he was very knowledgable about Acuras and how they are supposed to work, but he knew nothing about the RDX in particular.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Intermediate

Yes, I could see that as being a problem, but after some time, they will be more knowledgeable about the RDX. I have come to the conclusion that most if not all sales people have no clue what they are selling. Though we talked with the sales manger at our dealership, and he was more knowledgeable about the RDX then regular sales people, but still not as smart as some of us who reads Acura's site about the RDX over and over again. Guess they wouldn't sell any if they knew what they really were selling.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:21 AM
8th Gear

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know... when the 200X model year RDX does come with memory driver seat, would it be feasible to retrofit it?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AEmgee
Just out of curiosity, does anybody know... when the 200X model year RDX does come with memory driver seat, would it be feasible to retrofit it?
Very unlikely. The computer systems in the car are so very integrated with each other, you'd be talking about replacing a bunch of components, not just the seats, but pretty much all the computers in the car since they all talk to each other in some shape or form and there are quite a few of them.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Instructor

Very unlikely. The computer systems in the car are so very integrated with each other, you'd be talking about replacing a bunch of components, not just the seats, but pretty much all the computers in the car since they all talk to each other in some shape or form and there are quite a few of them.
That's assuming the feature wasn't already built in but disabled. Chances are that since Acura always intended the RDX to have it they probably built it in then all they need to do next year is put in a couple buttons and flip a software switch.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ArthurKnight
That's assuming the feature wasn't already built in but disabled. Chances are that since Acura always intended the RDX to have it they probably built it in then all they need to do next year is put in a couple buttons and flip a software switch.
wake up.....you're dreaming again....
Old 10-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Dennis

I'd be willing to bet that no harware change is necessary, just a firmware upgrade. But I agree with your conclusion that Acura won't retrofit it.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by schuchmn
I'd be willing to bet that no harware change is necessary, just a firmware upgrade. But I agree with your conclusion that Acura won't retrofit it.
There would have to be some hardware changing/additions. The wiring harnesses as they are wouldn't support additional features. Every wire thats there now is accounted for and has a function. There would have to be buttons at least added. Not to mention that the memory seat itself would have to be the type of power seat that knows where it is adjusted to at any given time and I doubt that ours are.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
rdxsteverino

Originally Posted by schuchmn
If true, sounds like a good hack opportunity.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Suzuka Master

I bet they just grabbed the power seat assembly from another car. I'm sure the motors have position sensors. If not, a retrofit of the part if/when its released would really be a bitch. I imagine the module is slightly more complex as it hooks into the computer so it can match up with the keys.

Mike
Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
couldnt u just ck the part numbers for 07 and 08 in terms of seat motors and such, that would let us know if our 07's have some potential