Did the 1G RDX ever get Automatic headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 07:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 874 Likes on 669 Posts
Did the 1G RDX ever get Automatic headlights?

Hello all,

First time posting in this section of the forum in a very long time. As some of you remember, I owned my 1G RDX for a few months and had to sell because it was causing me some strange pains in my knees and elbows (moreso the skin on my knes and elbows was sore...just very odd). But at that time I had a lot of things going on and I don’t know if the RDX was ever the cause or other things.

Well I am back and considering an RDX again for the simple reasons that I now drive WAY less than I used to and I also need something very fun to drive but is also reliable and an SUV.

So my question is, did the 1G RDX ever come with automatic headlights (it’s small but I hate having to turn them on and off so I’m wondering).

Thanks
Old 01-01-2018, 12:15 AM
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
It has been a standard feature since the MY2010 RDX.
The following users liked this post:
RDX10 (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JPack
It has been a standard feature since the MY2010 RDX.
Shoot, I was hoping this would have been a recision for the 2008 or 2009 model years (can’t believe they never added it sooner). I wonder how difficult a retrofit would be because I really like this feature. I’m thinking it would require a 2010-2012 stock with the auto detent and then the light sensor, so now the only issue is wiring which I suck at.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Two of my three cars have auto headlights (only my RDX doesn't have it) but I don't actually use the feature. When the cars are parked in the garage, I don't want the lights to come on automatically and then shut off once I back out into the sunlight. Especially with HIDs, each time you turn the lights on, it wears out the components just a little bit more. The only time auto headlights has come in useful is when I purposely want to turn on the headlights during bright weather. For example, if I'm driving in snow country and I want the extra visibility. With auto headlights, the dash gauges stay brightly lit because it knows it's ambiently bright out. But on the RDX with no auto headlights, the dash gauges get dim and then I can barely see them. I would have to manually turn the little dial to increase brightness.
RDX10 (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by schen72
Two of my three cars have auto headlights (only my RDX doesn't have it) but I don't actually use the feature. When the cars are parked in the garage, I don't want the lights to come on automatically and then shut off once I back out into the sunlight. Especially with HIDs, each time you turn the lights on, it wears out the components just a little bit more. The only time auto headlights has come in useful is when I purposely want to turn on the headlights during bright weather. For example, if I'm driving in snow country and I want the extra visibility. With auto headlights, the dash gauges stay brightly lit because it knows it's ambiently bright out. But on the RDX with no auto headlights, the dash gauges get dim and then I can barely see them. I would have to manually turn the little dial to increase brightness.
Great response. Thank you for stating your viewpoint on it and I do agree with you that the auto headlights (in vehicles I have owned that do have them) can come on at times that are stupid, but I also love when it does come on during the proper times. I’m currently balancing my pros and cons of the RDX with other comparably priced crossovers on the used market. I’m bothered by the lack of push button start (it’s one of those things that when you have it, you really get used to it) along with the much crunchier tech applications. For me, the RDX represents the ultimate reliable performance crossover. It is a great balance of performance with ease and cheapness if maintenance and reliability and there is a great value in that to me. My last car was a Kia sorento SX, it had a heated steering wheel, cooled and heated seats, auto headlights, push button start and a very modern headunit, but there was so many stupid failures that I had to sell it.

My other option is a 2011 kia sportage SX, it offers a lot of the same tech as the sorento did and since it’s built in Korea vs the states I’m hoping it would hold up better (we’ve owned multple hyundais and have had ZERO issues thus far so I consider my sorento an anomaly vs the norm) but I am absolutely certain it will not handle as well as the RDX does. So it’s currently a mental debate between the sportage and the RDX, one more modern but less sporty and the other very sporty and most likely more reliable. Not sure what to go with.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:16 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
You might not be looking for something larger than a RDX; but, my 11 MDX has Auto headlights. They have an extra feature where you can set to auto and adjust the sensitivity when they turn on. It also has an extra feature and I can drive under an overpass or tunnel and the HIDs will turn on; but, the dash lights will stay in daytime mode if the light level stays above a certain level. Works the same at sundown when the HIDs are on; but, the dash lights will stay in daytime mode until it starts to get darker outside. Even if the Auto changes dash light too soon, the MDX has a button on the center console to switch between the dash lighting like the RDX.

I don't know if the +10 RDX with Auto headlights have the extra separate feature for the dash light also?

Last edited by mrgold35; 01-02-2018 at 09:25 AM.
RDX10 (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RDX10
Great response. Thank you for stating your viewpoint on it and I do agree with you that the auto headlights (in vehicles I have owned that do have them) can come on at times that are stupid, but I also love when it does come on during the proper times. I’m currently balancing my pros and cons of the RDX with other comparably priced crossovers on the used market. I’m bothered by the lack of push button start (it’s one of those things that when you have it, you really get used to it) along with the much crunchier tech applications. For me, the RDX represents the ultimate reliable performance crossover. It is a great balance of performance with ease and cheapness if maintenance and reliability and there is a great value in that to me. My last car was a Kia sorento SX, it had a heated steering wheel, cooled and heated seats, auto headlights, push button start and a very modern headunit, but there was so many stupid failures that I had to sell it.

My other option is a 2011 kia sportage SX, it offers a lot of the same tech as the sorento did and since it’s built in Korea vs the states I’m hoping it would hold up better (we’ve owned multple hyundais and have had ZERO issues thus far so I consider my sorento an anomaly vs the norm) but I am absolutely certain it will not handle as well as the RDX does. So it’s currently a mental debate between the sportage and the RDX, one more modern but less sporty and the other very sporty and most likely more reliable. Not sure what to go with.
Oh yes, the lack of push button start annoys me. My RL and ILX both have push button start and whenever I drive the RDX I find myself pushing a non-existent button, then I have to reach into my pocket and get the key out. Of course, most cars in the RDX's price range back in 2008 did NOT have push button start, so this only became an "issue" after I got cars that have that feature.
RDX10 (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mrgold35
You might not be looking for something larger than a RDX; but, my 11 MDX has Auto headlights. They have an extra feature where you can set to auto and adjust the sensitivity when they turn on. It also has an extra feature and I can drive under an overpass or tunnel and the HIDs will turn on; but, the dash lights will stay in daytime mode if the light level stays above a certain level. Works the same at sundown when the HIDs are on; but, the dash lights will stay in daytime mode until it starts to get darker outside. Even if the Auto changes dash light too soon, the MDX has a button on the center console to switch between the dash lighting like the RDX.

I don't know if the +10 RDX with Auto headlights have the extra separate feature for the dash light also?
I take it you are on mobile and therefore could not see my signature lol. I actually bought a 2007 MDX elite after I sold my RDX because I was so enamored with the RDX and SH-AWD that I wanted to stay with the brand. Unfortunately the MDX did not turn out to be the right vehicle for me (Regardless of the individual problems I had which I consider to be unique to my MDX in some respects). The MDX is a great vehicle and there is nothing like that J37 when Vtec kicks on, but the MDX is too large and ponderous for me in city driving (Which I do 99% of my driving in). Even with the adjustable suspension in sport mode the MDX still did not deliver the nimbleness I like (certainly nothing like the RDX).

As for your question, I would assume the 10+ RDX does have that feature because kit wouldn't make sense for Acura not to add it.

Oh yes, the lack of push button start annoys me. My RL and ILX both have push button start and whenever I drive the RDX I find myself pushing a non-existent button, then I have to reach into my pocket and get the key out. Of course, most cars in the RDX's price range back in 2008 did NOT have push button start, so this only became an "issue" after I got cars that have that feature.
I am trying not to sound like the king of first world problems, but I really do get a use out of the smart key feature daily. For example I go to the gym and carry my gym bag and water bottle and gym shoes, it is extremely ponderous for me to have to take the keys out and lock/unlock the car when my hands are already full so to me that is a very important feature. I could however buy a bigger gym bag and put my shoes and bottle in there of course, but I prefer not to put my shoes with my clothes but there are better ways around that even.

I somewhat disagree with you on cars lacking that feature in 2008, you have cars from much (IMHO) crappier brands with that feature such as the Mazda CX-7, Suzuki Grand Vitara, and even Mitsubishi Outlander. What is especially insulting is that the RL had that feature in 2005 (it BOGGLES MY MIND COMPLETELY that the MDX at the minimum did not have the feature until 2014 and the ZDX got it in 2010 and TL in 2009!!!! What the heck was Acura thinking???)

Also I totally hear you on it only becoming an "issue"after having it in other cars, but like with a lot of things in life when you get used to them it becomes very difficult to have to go back to doing it the old school way.The more I talk about it on here the more I am starting to think the RDX really isn't for me because I would be willing to sacrifice a little performance for a more modern vehicle. FWIW the RDX was posting skid pad numbers of around 0.80-0.85G's while the Sportage SX in FWD trim posts 0.78G's on the skidpad and I am sure that would go up a little bit in the AWD trim (Especially since I read that the AWD system can overturn the rear wheels to send more power to the rear like SH-AWD can but without the vectoring.

All in all I am in for some deep thinking and absolutely some test drives. Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:26 AM
2006 NBP TL MT6/ 02TL-S

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I realize my 07 RDX Tech is 10 years old now, and I love it...but... for that level of upscale vehicle...for it cost when new-there are numerous things I thought it should have had but doesn't:
Memory Seat feature
Power front passenger seat
Rear vents on the climate control system for the back seats
Auto headlights (although I personally don't care) but should have it.
Better/more interior lighting in rear cargo area.
Probably should have had a power liftgate, but you could argue that on this level vehicle, and I believe they added it in later years.
Those are the ones disappoint me most on an otherwise great vehicle.
RDX10 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AlanW
I realize my 07 RDX Tech is 10 years old now, and I love it...but... for that level of upscale vehicle...for it cost when new-there are numerous things I thought it should have had but doesn't:
Memory Seat feature
Probably should have had a power liftgate, but you could argue that on this level vehicle, and I believe they added it in later years.
I remember being interested in this vehicle in 2007 but it didn't have memory seats. Given that my wife and I are different sizes, we would always be adjusting the seat manually, so mem seats was a deal braker. In 2008 they added it so I bought one. In 2009 they added power passenger seat. I do agree that the cargo area should have more lights. At least in 2008, this vehicle wasn't selling well. I could tell that instantly from seeing all the copies sitting on the dealer lot. So good deals were to be had. I believe MSRP was around $38k, and I got mine for $33k for a tech version (top of the line at the time). Compared to other compact SUVs at the time, this one had the most advanced AWD system so you're also paying for that. Thus, they had to cut luxury features. That's why the 2G RDX was able to increase the luxury content because they reverted to the primitive AWD in the CR-V.
RDX10 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

I take it you are on mobile and therefore could not see my signature lol. I actually bought a 2007 MDX elite after I sold my RDX because I was so enamored with the RDX and SH-AWD that I wanted to stay with the brand. Unfortunately the MDX did not turn out to be the right vehicle for me (Regardless of the individual problems I had which I consider to be unique to my MDX in some respects). The MDX is a great vehicle and there is nothing like that J37 when Vtec kicks on, but the MDX is too large and ponderous for me in city driving (Which I do 99% of my driving in). Even with the adjustable suspension in sport mode the MDX still did not deliver the nimbleness I like (certainly nothing like the RDX).

As for your question, I would assume the 10+ RDX does have that feature because kit wouldn't make sense for Acura not to add it.

I am trying not to sound like the king of first world problems, but I really do get a use out of the smart key feature daily. For example I go to the gym and carry my gym bag and water bottle and gym shoes, it is extremely ponderous for me to have to take the keys out and lock/unlock the car when my hands are already full so to me that is a very important feature. I could however buy a bigger gym bag and put my shoes and bottle in there of course, but I prefer not to put my shoes with my clothes but there are better ways around that even.

I somewhat disagree with you on cars lacking that feature in 2008, you have cars from much (IMHO) crappier brands with that feature such as the Mazda CX-7, Suzuki Grand Vitara, and even Mitsubishi Outlander. What is especially insulting is that the RL had that feature in 2005 (it BOGGLES MY MIND COMPLETELY that the MDX at the minimum did not have the feature until 2014 and the ZDX got it in 2010 and TL in 2009!!!! What the heck was Acura thinking???)

Also I totally hear you on it only becoming an "issue"after having it in other cars, but like with a lot of things in life when you get used to them it becomes very difficult to have to go back to doing it the old school way.The more I talk about it on here the more I am starting to think the RDX really isn't for me because I would be willing to sacrifice a little performance for a more modern vehicle. FWIW the RDX was posting skid pad numbers of around 0.80-0.85G's while the Sportage SX in FWD trim posts 0.78G's on the skidpad and I am sure that would go up a little bit in the AWD trim (Especially since I read that the AWD system can overturn the rear wheels to send more power to the rear like SH-AWD can but without the vectoring.

All in all I am in for some deep thinking and absolutely some test drives. Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it.
Yeah, I think up until recently, Honda/Acura tried to skate by with offering less features. At least with the current crop of cars, it seems that thinking is gone.
RDX10 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 12:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by AlanW
Memory Seat feature
The funny part is that almost everything on your list (except for the power lift gate) really should have been there in 2007 but was added in subsequent years. I still find it so funny that 2008 they added memory seats and an auto dimming mirror, then 2009 a power passenger seat, then 2010 automatic headlights. Like this is all stuff that should have been there in 2007 and not slowly added over 4 years. I can't help but wonder if the RDX had these features would it have sold better initially?

I remember being interested in this vehicle in 2007 but it didn't have memory seats. Given that my wife and I are different sizes, we would always be adjusting the seat manually, so mem seats was a deal braker. In 2008 they added it so I bought one. In 2009 they added power passenger seat. I do agree that the cargo area should have more lights. At least in 2008, this vehicle wasn't selling well. I could tell that instantly from seeing all the copies sitting on the dealer lot. So good deals were to be had. I believe MSRP was around $38k, and I got mine for $33k for a tech version (top of the line at the time). Compared to other compact SUVs at the time, this one had the most advanced AWD system so you're also paying for that. Thus, they had to cut luxury features. That's why the 2G RDX was able to increase the luxury content because they reverted to the primitive AWD in the CR-V.
See and this is what I was thinking about today. The RDX might not be technologically competitive with today's vehicles but the engine and AWD system are incredibly competitive. Even now 11 years later SH-AWD is STILL at the top of AWD systems and puts to shame so many AWD systems from more expensive vehicles. The engine is also WAY ahead of its' time, to think Acura was thinking to go turbo 4 back in 2005 (when the RDX was most likely under development), a time where monster V8's were king is pure genius. Too bad they took several steps backwards with the 2G RDX and went to a lame V6 and garbage AWD system.

Yeah, I think up until recently, Honda/Acura tried to skate by with offering less features. At least with the current crop of cars, it seems that thinking is gone.
I'm not holding my breath for this latest RDX getting SH-AWD but I hope to be proven wrong.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

The funny part is that almost everything on your list (except for the power lift gate) really should have been there in 2007 but was added in subsequent years. I still find it so funny that 2008 they added memory seats and an auto dimming mirror, then 2009 a power passenger seat, then 2010 automatic headlights. Like this is all stuff that should have been there in 2007 and not slowly added over 4 years. I can't help but wonder if the RDX had these features would it have sold better initially?

See and this is what I was thinking about today. The RDX might not be technologically competitive with today's vehicles but the engine and AWD system are incredibly competitive. Even now 11 years later SH-AWD is STILL at the top of AWD systems and puts to shame so many AWD systems from more expensive vehicles. The engine is also WAY ahead of its' time, to think Acura was thinking to go turbo 4 back in 2005 (when the RDX was most likely under development), a time where monster V8's were king is pure genius. Too bad they took several steps backwards with the 2G RDX and went to a lame V6 and garbage AWD system.

I'm not holding my breath for this latest RDX getting SH-AWD but I hope to be proven wrong.
As lame and soft as the 2G RDX is, it sells well. In fact, it's the best selling Acura currently. So what does that tell you? Maybe the masses don't care. They like gizmos and comfort. SH-AWD is one of those things the average driver can't tell. They only need to know they have AWD of some sort.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Suzuka Master

As lame and soft as the 2G RDX is, it sells well. In fact, it's the best selling Acura currently. So what does that tell you? Maybe the masses don't care. They like gizmos and comfort. SH-AWD is one of those things the average driver can't tell. They only need to know they have AWD of some sort.
I do agree with you but I also think the reason the 2G is selling so well is a lot of combining factors. The 1G (from the front) has never been the most attractive crossover on the market, it is also very small inside (maybe not metrically but physically, the trunk space is NOT appropriate for a family of 4 or someone with new borns or younger kids ) and it came at a time when everyone thought there was no replacement for displacement. Also remember they marketed the RDX for the 30 year old weekend warrior man and keeping this in mind, you see who drives crossovers the most (females) so it’s not hard to see why it failed. To top it off, just look at this thread for obvious missing things that were absent for too long. There is strong rumours that the 3G RDX is going back to a turbo 4 AND getting SH-AWD back again, so what does that tell you?
Old 01-07-2018, 09:35 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
RDX10, good to see you back posting on here! From the looks of your avater, you may have already purchased another RDX (?). We're still going strong with our 2010 RDX non tech (as well as my surprisingly trouble-free 08 ML350). The funny thing is although I have the auto lights in both vehicles, I never use it unless I legitimately forget to turn them off. I'm too afraid one might malfunction and not cut off automatically thus leaving me with a dead battery. I guess old habits die hard and I'm used to manually switching them off. Hope you go (or have gone) with another RDX. Always enjoyed your posts.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Acuramon
RDX10, good to see you back posting on here! From the looks of your avater, you may have already purchased another RDX (?). We're still going strong with our 2010 RDX non tech (as well as my surprisingly trouble-free 08 ML350). The funny thing is although I have the auto lights in both vehicles, I never use it unless I legitimately forget to turn them off. I'm too afraid one might malfunction and not cut off automatically thus leaving me with a dead battery. I guess old habits die hard and I'm used to manually switching them off. Hope you go (or have gone) with another RDX. Always enjoyed your posts.
Hey man, how have you been ?! Actually the RDX in the avatar is not mine lol, it's just one I found online because I sold the Kia and thought it was pointless to have a Kia avatar on a Acura forum. There was a gorgeous 2009 RDX tech (My favorite year for the RDX) but I waited too long and it sold unfortunately before I could go and look at it. I think honestly it's just a case of getting used to these features for myself and when they are absent it feels like taking a step back. My first 3 vehicles were German and Germans that have Xenon headlights tend to use the HID's as the daytime running lights too (In most cases) so whether I kept it in auto or not the headlights were on (though somewhat dimmed) and therefore I got used to the "set it and forget it" mantra. My last car had smartkey with push button start and I got used to that too, Heck my house has a code pad to unlock the front door, my phone uses my fingerprint to unlock, and my kitchen faucet is touch to turn it on and off (so is it fair to say I am a fan of automated things? lol). I am currently on the search for an RDX though but there is no guarantee I'll find one to be honest and thank you man I really appreciate that!

I have to say I am surprised your ML has been so solid (knocking heavily on wood) but I am really glad it is. There is a GREAT deal on a 2006 ml350 but that good old balance shaft issue is not my cup of tea.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

I do agree with you but I also think the reason the 2G is selling so well is a lot of combining factors. The 1G (from the front) has never been the most attractive crossover on the market, it is also very small inside (maybe not metrically but physically, the trunk space is NOT appropriate for a family of 4 or someone with new borns or younger kids ) and it came at a time when everyone thought there was no replacement for displacement. Also remember they marketed the RDX for the 30 year old weekend warrior man and keeping this in mind, you see who drives crossovers the most (females) so it’s not hard to see why it failed. To top it off, just look at this thread for obvious missing things that were absent for too long. There is strong rumours that the 3G RDX is going back to a turbo 4 AND getting SH-AWD back again, so what does that tell you?
I think the key will be providing enough trim levels so that the people who don't care (or understand) SH-AWD can get their lowered priced RDX (perhaps with a primitive AWD system) and those willing to pay more will get the SH-AWD and various other gizmos that top trims have. I'd be the one going for the top trim. Every car I've bought I always get the top trim.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

I think the key will be providing enough trim levels so that the people who don't care (or understand) SH-AWD can get their lowered priced RDX (perhaps with a primitive AWD system) and those willing to pay more will get the SH-AWD and various other gizmos that top trims have. I'd be the one going for the top trim. Every car I've bought I always get the top trim.
See i really like you. I agree 100%. I always go for the top trim too because I want all of the goodies and resale on top trims is usually MUCH better than lower trims. You know what though? I can understand why some people buy the base trim (maybe what they can afford..etc) but why I don’t get is why people opt for the middle trim on cars, like most of the time you can put just a couple thousand more and have the top trim.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Hey man, how have you been ?! Actually the RDX in the avatar is not mine lol, it's just one I found online because I sold the Kia and thought it was pointless to have a Kia avatar on a Acura forum. There was a gorgeous 2009 RDX tech (My favorite year for the RDX) but I waited too long and it sold unfortunately before I could go and look at it. I think honestly it's just a case of getting used to these features for myself and when they are absent it feels like taking a step back. My first 3 vehicles were German and Germans that have Xenon headlights tend to use the HID's as the daytime running lights too (In most cases) so whether I kept it in auto or not the headlights were on (though somewhat dimmed) and therefore I got used to the "set it and forget it" mantra. My last car had smartkey with push button start and I got used to that too, Heck my house has a code pad to unlock the front door, my phone uses my fingerprint to unlock, and my kitchen faucet is touch to turn it on and off (so is it fair to say I am a fan of automated things? lol). I am currently on the search for an RDX though but there is no guarantee I'll find one to be honest and thank you man I really appreciate that!

I have to say I am surprised your ML has been so solid (knocking heavily on wood) but I am really glad it is. There is a GREAT deal on a 2006 ml350 but that good old balance shaft issue is not my cup of tea.
In my area, I find that there's ALWAYS a good deal on the 2006 ML's. I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I just went over 100k yesterday and today is my actual two year anniversary of ownership. I'm going to literally let it ride until something major comes up. So far, no regrets.

The smartkey is something I've wanted for years, ever since I had a TL and had a 2014 RDX as a loaner. I could get used to that really fast. Someday I will trust technology enough to take advantage of the automatic lights. Good luck with your shopping for an RDX. As you're well familiar with, they may be lagging a bit in technology but they're a real joy to drive!
Old 01-10-2018, 02:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Acuramon
In my area, I find that there's ALWAYS a good deal on the 2006 ML's. I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I just went over 100k yesterday and today is my actual two year anniversary of ownership. I'm going to literally let it ride until something major comes up. So far, no regrets.

The smartkey is something I've wanted for years, ever since I had a TL and had a 2014 RDX as a loaner. I could get used to that really fast. Someday I will trust technology enough to take advantage of the automatic lights. Good luck with your shopping for an RDX. As you're well familiar with, they may be lagging a bit in technology but they're a real joy to drive!
Yeah totally, first year of a new platform and engine and transmission...etc on a Mercedes...yuck! Wouldn't touch one with a stick. I am surprised your ML doesn't have smart key. Every 2008 model here has it but it was very very rare on the 2006/2007 models. Also hey some people buy cars that are supposed to be troublesome and have zero problems, keep her till she starts complaining haha.

I had smartkey on a couple cars now and it absolutely makes things so much easier. Though I admit it is a very first world problem. Thank you for the good luck wishes and I agree they may be lagging in tech but amazing otherwise. I bet the 1G RDX could keep up with an SQ%/macan in the twisties.