AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G RDX (2007-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/)
-   -   The Deed is Done (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/deed-done-944874/)

LuvMyTSX 04-28-2016 08:26 PM

The Deed is Done

5 Attachment(s)
Well guys, today I said goodbye to my 2011 RDX. It was a great car and gave me over 115,000 miles of safe and fun driving. I'll definitely miss it. We had some good times.

I brought home a 2016 MDX AWD/Tech in blue. She drives totally different than the RDX and will take some getting used to. But she sure is pretty to look at. :biggrin:

mrgold35 04-28-2016 10:40 PM

Congrats on the new ride!

Better mpgs, more room, cool tech, great color combo, still have outstanding handling, win-win all the way around. You will have a lot more flexibility with the MDX to do more.

Midnight Mystery 04-29-2016 05:58 AM

I love the blue... The MDX should be more refined... I've sat in a few in the showroom, but that's it, so I can't really speak rot the MDX, but it is different...

Kinda funny because I just saw the MDX commercial not even ten seconds before I read you post... Best of luck...

DateTSX 04-29-2016 07:56 AM

I love that blue too. Wish Honda/Acura provided more color scheme instead of that Graystone leather. But in any case, congrats on the upgrade!

ggesq 04-29-2016 08:55 AM

:cheers: on the upgrade.

RDX10 04-29-2016 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by DateTSX (Post 15738919)
I love that blue too. Wish Honda/Acura provided more color scheme instead of that Graystone leather. But in any case, congrats on the upgrade!

I agree, congrats op, and a beautiful colour, but I wish Acura would hurry up and provide more interior color options. A dark blue on saddle or mocha leather would look stunning.

LuvMyTSX 04-29-2016 02:01 PM

Thanks guys! My hubs stole it from me and took it to work today, the thief. Just kidding, kinda. He asked last night if he could take it today since I am working from home. I reluctantly agreed. :tongue:

mrgold35 04-29-2016 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX (Post 15739361)
Thanks guys! My hubs stole it from me and took it to work today, the thief. Just kidding, kinda. He asked last night if he could take it today since I am working from home. I reluctantly agreed. :tongue:

That is how it starts and pretty soon you are driving the older vehicle wondering what happened. I have yet been able to drive the newest vehicle in my family as my daily driver until I purchase something new(er). We have an agreement and I get to mod the vehicle any way I want (within reason).

I have the graystone interior in my 06 TSX and I really like it a lot. I added black all weather mats and the graystone looks even better in the TSX with the dark mats. Your color combo would be my first choice for a +14 MDX.

Midnight Mystery 04-29-2016 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 15739240)
I agree, congrats op, and a beautiful colour, but I wish Acura would hurry up and provide more interior color options. A dark blue on saddle or mocha leather would look stunning.

Now that's an idea...

I never really cared for the gray leather (looks too dark and plain, like a cloudy, rainy day)

But it always looks nice with the blue, glad it's not too dark of a gray...

Now mocha brown, with biege stiching, and black trim work, now that would be amazing...

RDX10 04-30-2016 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 15739689)
Now that's an idea...

I never really cared for the gray leather (looks too dark and plain, like a cloudy, rainy day)

But it always looks nice with the blue, glad it's not too dark of a gray...

Now mocha brown, with biege stiching, and black trim work, now that would be amazing...

Exactly! They need to start experimenting with 2-tone themes and new color schemes. Beige, black, and grey just don't cut it in the luxury space anymore. It is amazing how far forward a cabin can be taken with a simple change in color.

Midnight Mystery 04-30-2016 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 15739904)
Exactly! They need to start experimenting with 2-tone themes and new color schemes. Beige, black, and grey just don't cut it in the luxury space anymore. It is amazing how far forward a cabin can be taken with a simple change in color.

I was really surprised too see brown door panals and dash lower portion, gray or biege seats, and black dash top, and steering wheel in a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L... It was Moutan Air blue, or something like that..

But, it had a really, really cool interior, I absolutely loved it!!!

It's time for Honda to bring this to Acura, that CR-V was a 2014, so basically same as a 2012...

Yes, Acura needs saddle leather...

I remember seeing saddle leather in the 4 gen TL (2010), and a few ZDXs...

So, they're no stranger to this, I guess Honda/Acura have been checked out lately... Focusing on refreshes to all the 2013-2014 redesigns of almost they're entire line up...

Sorry, went off topic a but... But I can't stress enough, I really, really liked that CR-V, so much space...

LuvMyTSX 04-30-2016 05:05 PM

I'm having a major problem.....I can't stop driving this car!!!! :rofl:

Seriously. I just got back from a drive I went on for no reason other than to drive my new hotness, and she's calling me back again. However, I really need to start dinner.

"Sorry honey, no dinner tonight. Hotness and I have been out getting to know each other."

:rofl: :ecstatic:

n7plus1 07-27-2016 11:17 AM

Congrats on the upgrade. I was looking at a new MDX, pearl white with black interior while waiting for the parts guy, in the showroom. Beautiful vehicles.