Dashboard Information Display question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 02:33 PM
2006 NBP TL MT6/ 02TL-S

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Dashboard Information Display question

Is there a way to "lock in" the 4-wheel torque distribution graph in the Information Display??? I can get it up & displayed OK, but it goes away every time the vehicle is turned off. Then when you start it up again, that space is blank & I have to scroll it back to display it.

Minor annoyance for sure, but on our MDX, that graph stays on display through on-off cycles. I read through the RDX owners manual, but didn't see anything on this
Old 08-04-2017, 07:39 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Nope.

It is one of those weird quirks with the RDX M.I.D. because it should save and display the last thing you selected when you turn the RDX off? My 06 TSX does the same exact thing with the strange added feature of after you start the TSX (the M.I.D. is blank) and you open/close any door, the M.I.D. turns on with last selected display. I just make turning on the RDX M.I.D. part of my start up routine. The only two displays I swtich between are the sh-awd graph or DTE range if I'm getting under 50 miles of range.
The following users liked this post:
AlanW (08-04-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 08:12 AM
2006 NBP TL MT6/ 02TL-S

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Thanks again MrG
Another thing about the torque graph-on the MDX vs RDX. In the MDX the display for the graph is up higher on the dash and you can see it better when turning the wheel. You can actually see the graph through the steering wheel spokes when turning, which is when you probably most want to see it.
In the RDX, the display is much lower on the dash & the steering wheel blocks the view of it when turning even a little.

From watching the torque distribution display, the SH-AWD system in the MDX seems much more active than the RDX. The MDX really shows the distribution changing when going around curves, etc. The RDX graph seems to stay about the same most of the time, and when you are going fast around a curve and the display should show power going to the outside rear wheel - the steering wheel is blocking the view and you really have to take your eyes off the road to look at the display.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:10 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
The sh-awd on the MDX is programmed with a higher level of tq vectoring compared to RDX. I have tq vectoring on the rear wheels of 1-2 bars just taking a right hand turn at a stop sign. I can get higher tq vectoring bar readings on the same curves at the same speed on the MDX compared to the RDX. I've even had the MDX switch to around 70% rwd driving up a steep gravel hill a few times. Feels like a different vehicle when it does that.

I can still drive the RDX harder and take curves faster in the RDX. I think the MDX needs all that extra tq vectoring because of the extra mass, top heavy, and towing duties. I wish my RDX had the same programming as my MDX.

I'm really interested in the sh-sh-awd MDX because it has tq vectoring with power and braking compared to just power with my current vehicles.