AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G RDX (2007-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/)
-   -   A/C blowing hot air...only on passenger side (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/c-blowing-hot-air-only-passenger-side-962293/)

dinot 09-07-2017 08:51 PM

A/C blowing hot air...only on passenger side

Hi all,

My wife's 2007 RDX Tech has a weird problem. It had this problem a while ago in addition to the A/C clutch issue. We replaced the compressor and everything was fine.

Now we have this old problem creep back up. No matter what is happening on the driver's side, the passenger side blows warm/hot air. This happens whether or not the dual is on.

My wife thinks that this is compressor related, I think it is electronics related. The AC system is obviously working since I get ice cold air (only on the driver's side). I've only tried to "diagnose" this via the climate controls. A/C on. A/C off. Dual on/off. Adjusting temp on both sides (with dual on)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

dinot 09-08-2017 12:33 AM

Doing some more reading, it looks like this may be caused by a faulty AC blend motor. (In my case the passenger side). I have been scouring over parts diagrams but I have no idea where this is. Would someone happen to know where to point me? I'd like to just grab a replacement part.

AlanW 09-10-2017 01:12 PM

Our MDX was doing the same thing when we bought it, cool air on driver's side & warm air on the passenger side. Problem was it was just low on Freon.
Since you just had the compressor replaced, your problem does sound like a blend door actuator, especially if the passenger side is actually blowing hot air, not just uncooled air.

hues10 09-13-2017 02:12 PM

You may have fixed it already, but my father's Buick LeSabre, same issue. I reset the HVAC system by pulling the fuse, and then putting key to accessory mode only. I know this is a Buick, but it must be similar for Acura. Anyway, that didn't work, so next resort was checking Freon levels. Not extremely low, or I guess it would not be blowing cold at all. Went from just below 40 lbs. on low side, to 50 lbs. on low side (ambient temperature was 90 degrees out). Seems to have worked since cold air is coming out of all vents.

Pguzman9551 06-06-2019 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by dinot (Post 16090950)
Doing some more reading, it looks like this may be caused by a faulty AC blend motor. (In my case the passenger side). I have been scouring over parts diagrams but I have no idea where this is. Would someone happen to know where to point me? I'd like to just grab a replacement part.

Hello dinot, I am currently experiencing a similar issue with my 2007 Acura TL. Front river side vents are nice and chilly, back driver side vent as well. But both front and back passenger side vents are warm. Did you ever figure out the issue?