acura rdx build vs crv build

Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acura rdx build vs crv build

mike in response to your statements (new thread in lieu of pm - couldnt send you one, am still new here:

mike: if you have concerns about build quality and think Acura is much better than 'honda' id hesitate with that expectation - the majority of Acura is from honda parts bins, in and out, expect what youd expect from Honda imo.

one of the things i noted when researching was acuras "seems like higher" safety "ratings" in all acura cars (hence on my tsx/tl/rdx question earlier - was indifferent on that though everything rated extremely well) - wouldnt the structural integrity of rdx>cr-v, tsx>accord? [why big deal? haha baby coming soon? and volvo thumbs down]

Mike: My RDX is pretty sloppy for fit and finish, and i expected alot more. I have 3 CRVs in the fam, and they are much tighter and solid, in and out. The build quality of the CRV is rock like (they are all previous gens btw) In terms of PAINT - ive found the RDX to hold up extremely well - my exterior looks as good if not better as it did on day 1; i get it fully professionally conditioned in & out 2x's a year - handwash weather permitting, all the time so basically late march/early april thru october or even nov if warm enough. Actually, i have found the paint on the RDX to be remarkable, when i get it washed it shines & sparkles as if it rolled off the lot - really impresses me so far (polished metal metallic) and appears to be very resistant to scratching and regular wear and tear associated with miles, especially in new england. i have 30k on it now and dont have any noticeable marks

agree == cr-v rocklike status -no as hard as rock but solid as rock LOL... acura rdx paint is good? thicker coating or just bec you take care of it more vs crv LOL? do a ton of highway driving (eg. 100kms/day backforth) and my ol cr-v suffered through highway nicks/chips - no rustproofing too!... wonder if acura paint would minimize (yes cant eliminate of corse) same fate (eg. more galvanizing, thicker paint, thicker clear cloat = shallower stone chips)? stone chips are obviously unavoidable, still... folks benz is a beauty -- then again, use it only for church... LOL hate these stone chips man, sucks but part of highway driving LOL...

Mike: ive found the RDX to have many more squeaks & rattles, if you search the forum you will uncover many common areas the truck is prone to, compared to other Acura models & hondas in general. Maybe due to such a tight sprung suspension giving the car more of a beating, maybe not, who knows - all i know is that in my rare circumstance of owning both an 07 & an 08 - the build quality was identical meaning both have similar noises and rattles in similar areas, and things that gave me problems on the 07 were present in the 08 - i dont wana take over this thread anymore so if u have further questions shoot me a PM[/quote]

thanks mike... Will do...... highway driving most of time - hopefully less squeks/rattle...
Old 02-24-2010, 08:43 PM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh my...
Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 2002 mdx worked like a beauty.no problems. i dunno about 2002 honda pilot if that's a good comparsion - personally, acura build superior relative to honda. sold mdx and replaced with rdx this yr. great trucks both of them.
Originally Posted by stockpicker1102
mike in response to your statements (new thread in lieu of pm - couldnt send you one, am still new here:

mike: if you have concerns about build quality and think Acura is much better than 'honda' id hesitate with that expectation - the majority of Acura is from honda parts bins, in and out, expect what youd expect from Honda imo.

one of the things i noted when researching was acuras "seems like higher" safety "ratings" in all acura cars (hence on my tsx/tl/rdx question earlier - was indifferent on that though everything rated extremely well) - wouldnt the structural integrity of rdx>cr-v, tsx>accord? [why big deal? haha baby coming soon? and volvo thumbs down]

Mike: My RDX is pretty sloppy for fit and finish, and i expected alot more. I have 3 CRVs in the fam, and they are much tighter and solid, in and out. The build quality of the CRV is rock like (they are all previous gens btw) In terms of PAINT - ive found the RDX to hold up extremely well - my exterior looks as good if not better as it did on day 1; i get it fully professionally conditioned in & out 2x's a year - handwash weather permitting, all the time so basically late march/early april thru october or even nov if warm enough. Actually, i have found the paint on the RDX to be remarkable, when i get it washed it shines & sparkles as if it rolled off the lot - really impresses me so far (polished metal metallic) and appears to be very resistant to scratching and regular wear and tear associated with miles, especially in new england. i have 30k on it now and dont have any noticeable marks

agree == cr-v rocklike status -no as hard as rock but solid as rock LOL... acura rdx paint is good? thicker coating or just bec you take care of it more vs crv LOL? do a ton of highway driving (eg. 100kms/day backforth) and my ol cr-v suffered through highway nicks/chips - no rustproofing too!... wonder if acura paint would minimize (yes cant eliminate of corse) same fate (eg. more galvanizing, thicker paint, thicker clear cloat = shallower stone chips)? stone chips are obviously unavoidable, still... folks benz is a beauty -- then again, use it only for church... LOL hate these stone chips man, sucks but part of highway driving LOL...

Mike: ive found the RDX to have many more squeaks & rattles, if you search the forum you will uncover many common areas the truck is prone to, compared to other Acura models & hondas in general. Maybe due to such a tight sprung suspension giving the car more of a beating, maybe not, who knows - all i know is that in my rare circumstance of owning both an 07 & an 08 - the build quality was identical meaning both have similar noises and rattles in similar areas, and things that gave me problems on the 07 were present in the 08 - i dont wana take over this thread anymore so if u have further questions shoot me a PM
thanks mike... Will do...... highway driving most of time - hopefully less squeks/rattle...[/QUOTE]