2007 RDX turbo issue and suspension issue (seems scary)... - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

2007 RDX turbo issue and suspension issue (seems scary)...

Old 11-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
Be Mysterious!!!

2007 RDX turbo issue and suspension issue (seems scary)...

I've recently noticed a very loud clunk if I pull out turning left and accelerate 1/3 throttle or more... I can't zip out in traffic... Also, I have less torque, the turbo feels like it experiancicing excessive turbo lag, kinda...

I had the front struts replaced around 201K miles, currently at 209K... It had a certain rattle to it, doing it again, but nothing else feels wrong... Might take it into dealer and see if the part was defective, maybe can get a discounted repair...

If it's even the strut^^^

I'm scared over the turbo though... It builds boost like normal, but it gets jerky if I get into it like not even halfway... I haven't given it full throttle at all...

I also have a check engine, check emmissions and check SH-AWD light... It's come on randomly since I got it at 175K, usually in cooler or cold weather, here in Mississippi, it's pretty cold this week... Usually, it'll turn off after a while but since yesterday, it hasn't...

I always thought it was an electrical glitch, but maybe not... I've had lots of electrical stuff go on on this car already though, it's cried wolf before...

If its it's still on to arrow, I'll bring it to AutoZone and have the code pulled and go from there... But sometimes I feel like I need an axle, then I need a strut, then the turbo acts up... It made a weird noise a couple weeks ago, but until monday, that was it... All of this happened Tuesday night... Did I really have three parts fail in one day.
Midnight Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Be Mysterious!!!

Please help, anyone, if you have anything to say... I'm really worried about my baby!!!!
Old 11-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
Be Mysterious!!!

I'm going to have the codes pulled at an auto parts store and go from there... I still notice a slight burning plastic smell after any drives, been taking it very easy...

Please help if you can...
Old 11-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Be Mysterious!!!

Results are P0171, fuel filter/pump... Ok, it has two filters and two pumps, they are modular units... $999 for parts at autozone??? Even the guy at the counter said "woah!!!"

It didn't even have the AWD code come up...

Still doesn't explain the clunking...

Making appt. at Honda dealer for week after next... Taking it easy for now...
Old 11-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
Be Mysterious!!!

Check engine/emissions light went off, check SH-AWD light hasn't come on today...

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 11-24-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Keyboard disappeared while typing causing me to hit submit cuz I have Fing iPhone thets 5 years old
Old 11-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #6
Carmine S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Check engine/emissions light went off, check SH-AWD light hasn't come on today...
Disconnect your batter for five minutes then reconnect it. Make sure you have your navigation code if this applies to you and your radio code before hand. If the codes still come on bring it to acura. Most likely itís just a bad yaw sensor for the awd light and for the check engine light itís probably just a bad transmission pressure switch. Two common problem that I had done on my truck. Remember your truck will drive different with these lights on so take it easy and if you have a spare vehicle use that until you bring it to acura. Just good information always use mobile 93 if available and mobile synthetic oil too. For all other fluids acura oem fluids on a regular basis to prevent problems. Hope this helps you.
CSmoney28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:15 AM   #7
Registered Member

The clunking when turning would lead me to think it is your axle or rack and pinion. I would definitely get your front end check to see if they are in good condition especially with that mileage before doing the fuel pump. But seeing that you had the struts done on the front, I think the person who did it forgot to put something back or line it up correctly. It can also be someone forgot to tighten the screws. It happens, we all make mistake. I would take it back there and explain what has been happening since you changed the struts. I don't think it is your fuel pump. Doesn't sound like a fuel pump problem.
Kevin125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:06 PM   #8
Be Mysterious!!!

First time online, thanks for everything, every bit helps... Since I was last online, and since the last time I saw the RDX (11 days ago) it has been fine... Put about 400 miles on it... I was told the warning lights were on, but would come off and on intermitanly... Yesterday, she did have to take of fast after pulling out right and it did "pop" several times...

I have an appointment with my Honda dealer tomorrow to have it checked.... They're the ones that originally changed the struts 10k miles ago in early August...

My steering g has always felt very light, I have also been hearing a power steering whine since the night I took delivery 2/26/17 at 175k miles...

Thanks again.... Also, the battery has been disconnected several times during my ownership....
Old 12-06-2017, 03:54 PM   #9
Be Mysterious!!!

I'm getting it checked right now, we'll see!!!
Old 12-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #10
Be Mysterious!!!

Loud clunk is rear engine mount... Tech said he thought the motor was gonna fall out on the test drive, lol!!! She also said the faint clicking is related as well...

Got upsold into a new blend door on HVAC, been needing it, didn't cost much....

Also, the lean fuel ration is causing the rough idle... They're rather I bring it to Acura vs having them, a local Honda dealer, attempt a repair as diagnostics and part numbers are a little different... She said (service advisor) it would probably cost more if I had the Honda dealer attempt a repair... I'll check around on that...

Thanks!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 01:16 AM   #11
Registered Member

Lol never expected that. I'm glad you found the problem. Did they say which mount? I would honestly replace all three of them because if one is failing most likely the others are to follow. If Acura is charging an arm and a leg then have a local shop put in new oem mounts
Kevin125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:10 AM   #12
Be Mysterious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin125 View Post
Lol never expected that. I'm glad you found the problem. Did they say which mount? I would honestly replace all three of them because if one is failing most likely the others are to follow. If Acura is charging an arm and a leg then have a local shop put in new oem mounts
Lol!!! I wish I could!!!

They said it was the passenger lower mount... For that and the blend actuator I was quoted a little over $250... The tech will only charge for 1 hour labor... He doesn't want to mess with the lean A/F ratio... As they're just a Honda dealer... He said it would be difficult for him to fix and it would cost me more for him to try to fix it than it would for someone who knows more about RDX's and has access to acura only parts... He also has declined fixing electrical problems before for the same reasons...
He's trying to save us money!!!

Also, it did kill on me relief at a red light, the lean causes it to run rough if A/C kicks, I had the temp set to like 75, so...

Otherwise doing fine, scheduled to be repaired (mount and blend door) two weeks, Thursday!!!