2006 NAIAS Detroit show RDX Pic

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2006 NAIAS Detroit show RDX Pic

Is the picture shown at the following link an accurate picture of the RDX or more of a hint? At least it doesn't have that ugly orange interior. Does anyone plan on spending the $12 to see the show in a couple weeks?

link
http://autoshow.msn.com/as/gallery.a...8dfaaafaa38d62
Old 12-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would pay to go see it, but hell I hate parking down by cobo. What a PITA.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Frozen Wannabe Oracle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Benush
Is the picture shown at the following link an accurate picture of the RDX or more of a hint? At least it doesn't have that ugly orange interior. Does anyone plan on spending the $12 to see the show in a couple weeks?

link
http://autoshow.msn.com/as/gallery.a...8dfaaafaa38d62
That's still the concept from last year, complete with the "ugly orange interior." They didn't have a picture of the production version, so they're using the concept picture to tell you that it will be there.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Racer

Angry

I agree it still looks like the concept - no door handles?

Damn you got me excited when I read the thread's title.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Instructor

I should really proof what I write before posting

Originally Posted by vp911
I would pay to go see it, but hell I hate parking down by cobo. What a PITA.
Maybe you could put the A-Spec on your RL and tell them that you were there for the show as an exhibitor and get in free.... just kiddin.

BTW if you are still thinking of replacing the RL with something "sportier" have you considered the 2006 Cayene?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 98AccordEx
I agree it still looks like the concept - no door handles?

Damn you got me excited when I read the thread's title.

Sorry about that. I should have put a "?" after pic to denote a question instead of statement.

Just anxious to see if it is really worth the wait and wondering if anyone on this forum will make the trek in to see if the real thing is more then sizzle and smoke. I'm most interested in the SH-AWD for Montana winters and an RL is too pricey for what I need (My Integra GSR pushes the snow - lowered is NOT good in snow country) and don't figure full SH-AWD will make it into the Honda models for 4 or 5 years.

Again, sorry about the thread title. Next time I'll be more considerate.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Racer

Sorry about that. I should have put a "?" after pic to denote a question instead of statement.

Just anxious to see if it is really worth the wait and wondering if anyone on this forum will make the trek in to see if the real thing is more then sizzle and smoke. I'm most interested in the SH-AWD for Montana winters and an RL is too pricey for what I need (My Integra GSR pushes the snow - lowered is NOT good in snow country) and don't figure full SH-AWD will make it into the Honda models for 4 or 5 years.

Don't worry about it. And we're all anxious. Hopefully someone who lives near Detriot will go and take some pictures.

Hey PistonsFan, are you going to the show? Got a digital camera?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation That begs the question....

.....are they going to release more info about the RDX at the '06 NAIAS??.....Actually I should thank you for posting this , because I (as were many others, I'm sure) was anxiously waiting to see if the RDX was going to appear at the Detroit Auto Show. The fact that it is indeed appearing may indicate that they will possibly give out some more info......such as details on the powertrain, I hope
Old 12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Racer

RDX Prototype???

I just clicked the link that Benush provided to start this thread and checked the show schedule.

January 8th Honda will introduce the Honda Fit

January 9th Acura will unveil the RDX Prototype

What's up with the prototype nomenclature??

Is this a half-step between concept and actual? Is this another way to screw us out of specifications for another half-year?

Anyway we will have something??? on January 9th

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/coverage....c223fea2ecfd29
Old 12-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Racer

Actually, that's very good news. The TSX & RL both debuted at autoshows (2003 NAIAS for the TSX and the 2004 NYAS for the RL) called "prototypes". They were basically production models and we got full specs on them, just no prices at the time. This is in contrast to the TL "concept" at the 2003 NYAS, which still had things like air jets instead of windsheild wipers, etc. and no firm details. So if Honda sticks to form, this might mean that we will indeed get all the details in a couple of weeks (except price). *crosses fingers*
Old 12-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm planning on going, along with others on Jan 18 (Is that right PA?), so we'll see what's up. If anybody else is interested, drop me a line.