'09 RDX changes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rexorg
Are you sure she knows the RDX from the MDX? Easy to confuse if you're not a car person, especially since they both have "DX". I would give her a call back and have her clarify. Unless I hear different I am going with the 20-25 June delivery dates.

P.S. BTW, White92 works for an Acura dealership and he is the one who first confirmed June delivery. My dealer confirmed in early May after telling me in late April delivery would be in the fall. I guess June is fall in Acuraspeak.
Thanks for the clarification. I did see that White92 works for a dealership.

It's just that she was saying RDX to me and quite insistent about her target dates. I did ask her more than once if she was sure. (Also tried to fish for some TL info with no luck)

Since I know who the GM is at the dealership near me I'll try to see if I can get a straight answer from him instead of taking the mis-info from the internet phone salesperson .

Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bg905
Thanks for the clarification. I did see that White92 works for a dealership.

It's just that she was saying RDX to me and quite insistent about her target dates. I did ask her more than once if she was sure. (Also tried to fish for some TL info with no luck)

Since I know who the GM is at the dealership near me I'll try to see if I can get a straight answer from him instead of taking the mis-info from the internet phone salesperson .

I'm sure she just told you that late of a date so you will buy an 08 that they have now.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by White92
I'm sure she just told you that late of a date so you will buy an 08 that they have now.

Thinking back on the conversation you are probably right.

Thing is I was pretty clear with her that the reason I didn't already lease an '08 was because it didn't have a power passenger seat. It would have been for my wife. (a few months ago - ended up with an IS250 AWD) She sat in the drivers seat and we were about to ask about a test drive when she went around, sat in the passenger seat and asked me to help her find the buttons to move the seat. Oops! No buttons. She has a bad shoulder and can't maneuver the bar easily for the manual seat. So if saleswoman didn't get that I'm waiting for an '09. Which at this point would be for me (even though I am torn about giving up my '03 CLS). There are at least 6 Acura dealerships within reasonable driving distance of me. (although she represents the most convenient) I'm sure one will give me a good deal.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got off the phone with internet rep from local dealer. She told me they won't have '09 until late Aug. early Sept.

So, who's bsing who?
She told you 09 RDX won't be there until late August or early September. I can see where she may have been confused. Our July MOVE allocation orders are due by July 17th. We can order 09 RDX for August production with August arrival then. I think what she's missing is that this is the 3rd month of production for the 09 RDX. So yes, those cars she's talking about wouldn't be here until then. But you could get one sooner!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

I think my best option, whether sooner or later, is to get as good a deal as I can. Can't see how I'd get a great deal on early delivered '09's. Don't have to have one tomorrow. Maybe the higher gas goes the better the deal for -20mpg city vehicles?
Old 06-07-2008, 04:19 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

I think my best option, whether sooner or later, is to get as good a deal as I can. Can't see how I'd get a great deal on early delivered '09's. Don't have to have one tomorrow. Maybe the higher gas goes the better the deal for -20mpg city vehicles?
In Chicagoland you can pick up a new 08-Tech for $31,900 + TTL. Without batting an eye. I know I just did. Just go to edmunds and wait for the tons of dealer quotes in your area to roll in.

Honda is running a $399/mo. lease on the base or 0.9-2.9APR on any RDX. Or if you get your own financing or get honda to match your local bank. You can have a $1500 rebate from Honda. But you can't have both but why not try?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Future RDX Owner in 2009

The 2009 RDX page is up on the Acura website. I noticed that it highlights a feature where the key can open all and close all of the windows if you put it in the passenger door lock and turn it. Is that a new feature or does the 2008 also do that?
Old 06-11-2008, 08:37 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by WantRDX
The 2009 RDX page is up on the Acura website. I noticed that it highlights a feature where the key can open all and close all of the windows if you put it in the passenger door lock and turn it. Is that a new feature or does the 2008 also do that?

I think you can only open all of the windows (and moonroof) with the key remote, but you can't close them that way. I also think this is new to the 09 RDX.

It's a feature that is very appealing to me. My current BMW has this and I was surprised how often I use it on hot days, as I walk up to the car. I'm glad Acura has added it.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Kerchak
I think you can only open all of the windows (and moonroof) with the key remote, but you can't close them that way. I also think this is new to the 09 RDX.

It's a feature that is very appealing to me. My current BMW has this and I was surprised how often I use it on hot days, as I walk up to the car. I'm glad Acura has added it.
You will be able to open the windows and moonroof with the key fob. However, with the key you can open and close the windows and moonroof.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I kAnt Spel guD

You will be able to open the windows and moonroof with the key fob. However, with the key you can open and close the windows and moonroof.
Our 04 TSX has this, sadly our 08 RDX does not...
Old 06-11-2008, 10:35 AM
10th Gear

Ahh... yes. I reread his original post and saw he meant putting the key in the door lock and turning it. Seems I recall seeing a video of how that worked on the RDX site for the 2009.

I thought he meant from the key remote, standing several feet from the car. I actually park right outside my first floor office window. On hot Texas summer afternoons I have had fun opening my windows from my office before locking up to go to the car. The oppressive heat inside the car has had a chance to escape by the time I get to it.

I am considering an MDX in addition to the RDX but I don't think the MDX has this feature.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:38 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by creativeguy
"Best quality/performance/engineering/ratings" or "best selling"? The former garners awards and publicity, but if that doesn't lead to the latter, then there really is no point in continuing. Acura isn't a charity. If a car makes money, they'll continue to make it. If the current trends continue and they can only sell <1000 per month, they will either drastically redesign or cut the model. It is simple economics.
point of my post was that the market is (hopefully) leading to more sales of the RDX due to many people downsizing their vehicles while still wanting utility (going from MDX to RDX). hopefully the truck will cash in on its abilities and turn them into more sales for the future. wow they arent a charity, u gotta be kidding me!? lol
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MMike1981
point of my post was that the market is (hopefully) leading to more sales of the RDX due to many people downsizing their vehicles while still wanting utility (going from MDX to RDX). hopefully the truck will cash in on its abilities and turn them into more sales for the future. wow they arent a charity, u gotta be kidding me!? lol
Nah, don't expect the RDX to rebound unless they introduce a 2nd generation that is normally aspirated and gets 25-30 mpg... an upscale CR-V. The masses never warmed to this car when gas was 'reasonable', and the current fuel panic won't help to change that. The RDX isn't much of a 'utility' vehicle and Acura never marketed it that way. The people who are downsizing from MDXs will go to mini utes (like CR-V) or minivans that get better mileage and cost less in the first place so that they save more money to pay for the gas. The RDX isn't even on their radar.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Nah, don't expect the RDX to rebound unless they introduce a 2nd generation that is normally aspirated and gets 25-30 mpg... an upscale CR-V. The masses never warmed to this car when gas was 'reasonable', and the current fuel panic won't help to change that. The RDX isn't much of a 'utility' vehicle and Acura never marketed it that way. The people who are downsizing from MDXs will go to mini utes (like CR-V) or minivans that get better mileage and cost less in the first place so that they save more money to pay for the gas. The RDX isn't even on their radar.
Yes, a lot of folks will be buying hybrids and CR-Vs to get better gas mileage in the near future. The problem is you can buy a lot of $4-5 gas, or $6 diesel with the money you will giving to the car manufacuters, dealers, etc. when you trade in your old gas guzzler for a new car/CUV/SUV. This is nothing new. Being a old geezer (sort of) I have seen the same thing happen several times since the first oil embargo almost 30 years ago. There is oil galore to last for centuries at the current rate. There is estimated a 450 year supply in oil shale in Canada. As soon as we try to develop alternative fuel sources OPEC simply opens the spigots and the price of a barrel will plummet. They have done it before and they will do it again. I'm buying an RDX because I want one; not because of the price of gas.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
big shot.

people downsizing from an MDX are not going into a CRV. the rdx offers the same utility as a CRV and so forth, and by utility im not talking 8 pass hauler im talking about better than a CAR........ but adding to the utility of the RDX is the AWD that is more powerful and enabling than a system like the CRV or comparable vehicles. you dont go from buying a luxury MDX to a CRV. those are 2 completely different sets of consumers. i can see an MDX to maybe the VW Tiguan, Audi A3 etc, staying in a more premium-esq segment/price bracket but downsizing at the same time. def not the CRV, just dont see that kind of market jump for a consumer in the luxury segment.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is estimated a 450 year supply in oil shale in Canada. As soon as we try to develop alternative fuel sources OPEC simply opens the spigots and the price of a barrel will plummet. They have done it before and they will do it again. I'm buying an RDX because I want one; not because of the price of gas.
Where is this Oil Shale in Canada? We have Oil Sands which is developing at a huge pace.

The Oil Shale is in Colorado as far as i know and recovering it is experimental at this point (and likely extremely expensive/resource intensive).
Old 06-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Racer

people downsizing from an MDX are not going into a CRV. the rdx offers the same utility as a CRV and so forth, and by utility im not talking 8 pass hauler im talking about better than a CAR........ but adding to the utility of the RDX is the AWD that is more powerful and enabling than a system like the CRV or comparable vehicles. you dont go from buying a luxury MDX to a CRV. those are 2 completely different sets of consumers. i can see an MDX to maybe the VW Tiguan, Audi A3 etc, staying in a more premium-esq segment/price bracket but downsizing at the same time. def not the CRV, just dont see that kind of market jump for a consumer in the luxury segment.
No vehicle that gets sub 20 MPG is going to INCREASE in sales in the current economic climate. The RDX only sold at 50% of target in it's debut year, so it's not like it was a hot seller that hit on hard times. Come back to me in a year if gas hits $5. I guarantee you that RDX sales won't be much higher than they are now.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cwepruk
Where is this Oil Shale in Canada? We have Oil Sands which is developing at a huge pace.

The Oil Shale is in Colorado as far as i know and recovering it is experimental at this point (and likely extremely expensive/resource intensive).
My bad. I meant to say oil sands as you correctly pointed out. The USA imports 35% of it's oil from Canada.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 PM
big shot.

No vehicle that gets sub 20 MPG is going to INCREASE in sales in the current economic climate. The RDX only sold at 50% of target in it's debut year, so it's not like it was a hot seller that hit on hard times. Come back to me in a year if gas hits $5. I guarantee you that RDX sales won't be much higher than they are now.
but again, here is the issue as i see it. people who would/are downsizing from larger LUXURY oriented suv's are not going anywhere near a crv-type truck. you seem to be more focused on the full spectrum, im not. there are 2 completely different segments of consumers. people who have the money to buy an MDX arent looking to save by going to a CRV or a vehicle in that price range just to get a few more MPGs around the 25 mark. other values come into play here, gas is not the sole culprit.

consumers in this segment would be more apt to save 10k on a sticker of a larger suv and get into a smaller one with a bit better gas mileage but maintain the brand/level that they are considering. unless gas gets completely totally out of wack like 6+, i bet the RDX sales maintain or go higher (pulling peolpe away from the MDX) . a luxury item is still purchased in todays market. people in this bracket dont go from buying a top of the line acura that costs 45k to buying hondas or like vehicles. Consumers walking into the Acura dealership considering an RDX off the bat, that could be a different story and they may drop down to the CRV.

my case n point was the downsizing affect in this segment of cars more specifically this brand. mdx to rdx is much more plausable here, for a consumer still wanting a TRUCK. and the RDX is a better purchase for the person walking into the dealership wanting an MDX (the money you will save sticker vs sticker justifies this move vs the gas cost, and why i think the RDX will still be ok) granted the disparity in mpg MDX vs RDX is not THAT great....again if frugalness comes to play due to the economy....RDX just shows its a great counterpoint to the MDX being less expensive and achieving better fuel economy. and the good thing is, its still NOT a CRV.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Honda News has the official release for the interior of the '09 RDX. The only thing they are saying is new is the power passenger seat: http://www.hondanews.com/categories/762/releases/4578 They also mention an upgraded AcuraLink Traffic system whatever that is. Wow!!! The other thing I found was RDS radio info can be displayed. Is that new?

No mention of any other changes like key fob window control or auto on/off headlights, but maybe those will be in other sections as they are posted.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Racer

but again, here is the issue as i see it. people who would/are downsizing from larger LUXURY oriented suv's are not going anywhere near a crv-type truck. you seem to be more focused on the full spectrum, im not. there are 2 completely different segments of consumers. people who have the money to buy an MDX arent looking to save by going to a CRV or a vehicle in that price range just to get a few more MPGs around the 25 mark. other values come into play here, gas is not the sole culprit.

consumers in this segment would be more apt to save 10k on a sticker of a larger suv and get into a smaller one with a bit better gas mileage but maintain the brand/level that they are considering. unless gas gets completely totally out of wack like 6+, i bet the RDX sales maintain or go higher (pulling peolpe away from the MDX) . a luxury item is still purchased in todays market. people in this bracket dont go from buying a top of the line acura that costs 45k to buying hondas or like vehicles. Consumers walking into the Acura dealership considering an RDX off the bat, that could be a different story and they may drop down to the CRV.

my case n point was the downsizing affect in this segment of cars more specifically this brand. mdx to rdx is much more plausable here, for a consumer still wanting a TRUCK. and the RDX is a better purchase for the person walking into the dealership wanting an MDX (the money you will save sticker vs sticker justifies this move vs the gas cost, and why i think the RDX will still be ok) granted the disparity in mpg MDX vs RDX is not THAT great....again if frugalness comes to play due to the economy....RDX just shows its a great counterpoint to the MDX being less expensive and achieving better fuel economy. and the good thing is, its still NOT a CRV.
I don't think YOU understand. The MDX and RDX are totally different vehicles designed for different people. People don't buy the MDX just because they want a luxury vehicle. They buy it because A. they have a big family or need to haul a lot of crap around and then B. are interested in the luxury aspect of an Acura. That is the order of priority, so when they downsize, they are not going to look at an SUV that has mediocre cargo space measurements, very stiff ride, and poor MPG. They would go for a large sedan or wagon before they go for the RDX.

Anyhoo, let's talk in a year and compare those MDX to RDX stats and we'll be done with this discussion.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I don't think YOU understand. The MDX and RDX are totally different vehicles designed for different people. People don't buy the MDX just because they want a luxury vehicle. They buy it because A. they have a big family or need to haul a lot of crap around and then B. are interested in the luxury aspect of an Acura. That is the order of priority, so when they downsize, they are not going to look at an SUV that has mediocre cargo space measurements, very stiff ride, and poor MPG. They would go for a large sedan or wagon before they go for the RDX.

Anyhoo, let's talk in a year and compare those MDX to RDX stats and we'll be done with this discussion.
People buy the MDX because it is bigger and a bit more luxurious. People buy the RDX becuase it is not so big and a lot sportier. Neither buyer gives much of a crap about mileage--gas was alreay heading well north of $3 when the two new models were introduced and both take premium.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Racer

Here is the info on the 2009 RDX, see link below
http://www.hondanews.com/categories/793/releases/4586
Old 06-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Cool Commercial

This commecial seems a bit misleading about what is new for 2009: Acura of Tempe
Old 06-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TSX69
This commecial seems a bit misleading about what is new for 2009: Acura of Tempe
A bit misleading? I wonder what that guy was smoking? He should have said, "There are only a few changes on the '09, so buy an '08 and beat the price increase."
Old 06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
8th Gear

This commercial is hilarious!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 AM
big shot.

LOL

funny...ive never seen a FAMILY file out of a new MDX. people buy it cuz its a step up from the RDX, END OF STORY. they both have relatively poor mileage u kidding me - the rdx gets 1 or 2 better all around

stiff ride? thats purely subjective. stiff is sport in my book ill take it any day.

a large sedan before an RDX....right. bad cargo hauling? ok fit a bike or 2 with luggage into a car. u think a buyer in the SUV market would goto a sedan when they need a truck? no way. whatever man. we both have clashing opinions. like brizey said....either buyer doesnt give 2 shits about MPG...just one is a little better than the other, but u can bet that if the situation boiled down to $$ and shrinking (AND STAYING WITH THE ACURA BRAND) they would go for the RDX and save 6-10k. and u say completely different..other than the shield style grille, they basically look identical, front and side on the exterior.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:11 AM
big shot.

WOW.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Future RDX Owner in 2009

Here is a summary of all of the 2009 model changes I could find.

New Features:
Power passenger seat
Remote--and driver's door lock-operated windows-open function

New Colors:
Basque Red Pearl replaces Moroccan Red Pearl (it is more burgundy in tone)
Grigio Metallic replaces Carbon Bronze Pearl (it looks more dark gray to me)

MSPR Increases:
Base $33,695 (up $500 from 08 MSPR of $33,165)
Tech $36,995 (up $300 from 08 MSRP of $36,665)