AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL (1997-1999) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/)
-   -   Ride Comfort / Springs / ride height (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/ride-comfort-springs-ride-height-486488/)

UTsmokey14 03-24-2007 11:10 PM

Ride Comfort / Springs / ride height

I just got my Tein's installed today and these springs made me realize how SLAMMED my car used to be. I miss my car sitting on the ground :( I can fit like two or three fingers between my tires and my fender now. How long will it take for my new springs to settle?

On the upside though, i dont have to slow down to 10mph when i see a penny in the road anymore! No more hitting my head on the roof either! The CL rides like stock again, but handles JUST AS GOOD as it did when it was stiff as hell!

I cant wait to feel how my car will ride when my Tokico HP's get here (MY AGX's are all BLOWN!) ;) I didnt want to get another set of adjustable struts because I NEVER adjusted it. I toyed around with it when i first got them on, but once i found something i liked, i NEVER touched them again.

P.S. Should i stop posting so many threads? 1st gen has been kinda slow lately... just thought i would keep you guys entertained :thumbsup: LMK

Peace
-Drew

97BlackAckCL 03-25-2007 12:53 AM

It's not the springs, or the "adjustable shocks" get some adjustable height coils and put the cars height where you want

UTsmokey14 03-25-2007 09:28 AM

Thats what i just had removed from my car. FUCK coilovers. Worst ride EVER

97BlackAckCL 03-25-2007 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by UTsmokey14

Depends on the coils i guess :shrug:

legendaryCL98 03-25-2007 10:34 AM

usually Tein adjustable coilovers with Tein adjustable shocks would be ideal... but as long as your setup works and does what its supposed to do, there is no problem right?

according to your description.. how you could fit a few fingers in between the fender and the wheel.. sounds like a perfect drop.. although a slammed car LOOKS good... i think a car with a decent drop looks more aggressive

so keep up the good work yo! :thumbsup:

UTsmokey14 03-25-2007 12:15 PM

I need to get some 18's to fill the gap. I tried contacting the dude selling the gunmetal TE37's... i have cash in my hand for them

-Drew

SpAzZy 04-02-2007 05:07 PM

I need to get some 18's to fill the gap. I tried contacting the dude selling the gunmetal TE37's... i have cash in my hand for them

-Drew

from my experience, putting 18" rims on with a 2-3 finger gap doesn't really make the gap much smaller. my rims with 225/18/40 tires, are very similar in overall diameter to the stocks so it doesn't do much. it will look better, but the gap will still be there, maybe a hair smaller.

732xghost 04-02-2007 05:14 PM

bro i feel you on stopping all the time. im on eilbach sportlines via tokico hp's sitting on 15's.

so are you on S-Tech's now???

SwervinCL 04-02-2007 06:06 PM

Did you install the s.techs by yourself and if so how much did you cut off the bump stop? Or do you know how much was cut off the bump stop?

suprachica79 04-02-2007 06:31 PM

upping the size rim won't make a bit of difference because you make the sidewall smaller so that your speedo isn't messed up. 205/55/16 is the same as 225/40/18

acuratl_2nr 04-03-2007 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Did you install the s.techs by yourself and if so how much did you cut off the bump stop? Or do you know how much was cut off the bump stop?

I installed my S.Tech myself and you don't need to cut much off of the bumpstops, I'll check on my instructions when I get back home from class...

belcom 04-03-2007 07:58 AM

my brother has some k-sports on his maxima. yeah, it looks nice and handles well but the ride is the worst so I totally agree. I'm riding on H&R Sport and Illuminas and the ride is awesome. It's really better and more comfortable than stock while being firmer, more controlled, way less body roll and no bounciness as with stock springs and struts. Just rode in my buddy's 01 CL (same as mine) the other day on stock suspension and I can say stock suspension sucks ass.

Palayah8ta 04-03-2007 12:03 PM

i switched from Tokico Illumina + Nuespeed Sport Over to Omni Power Coilovers (thnx chris) and yea its very similar to my Tokico's being set at 4 or 5. But wow i can fly around corners and hit anything and not worry.

CL 2.3 rida 04-03-2007 12:56 PM

i was planning on getting some tein coilovers but people that ive been talking to said there not the nicest ride..so im just probably gunna get some lowering springs..not to sure what kind tho

732xghost 04-03-2007 02:15 PM

yea the basics are that great of a ride, but the SS's are a different story.

Lajit-CL 04-03-2007 05:01 PM

I'm looking a t your mod list and see you have different seat in. Where they direct bolt on or did you have to make any mods. Also, how about some pics.

Thanks

I just got my Tein's installed today and these springs made me realize how SLAMMED my car used to be. I miss my car sitting on the ground :( I can fit like two or three fingers between my tires and my fender now. How long will it take for my new springs to settle?

On the upside though, i dont have to slow down to 10mph when i see a penny in the road anymore! No more hitting my head on the roof either! The CL rides like stock again, but handles JUST AS GOOD as it did when it was stiff as hell!

I cant wait to feel how my car will ride when my Tokico HP's get here (MY AGX's are all BLOWN!) ;) I didnt want to get another set of adjustable struts because I NEVER adjusted it. I toyed around with it when i first got them on, but once i found something i liked, i NEVER touched them again.

P.S. Should i stop posting so many threads? 1st gen has been kinda slow lately... just thought i would keep you guys entertained :thumbsup: LMK

Peace
-Drew

UTsmokey14 04-04-2007 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by SwervinCL

?????? i have no idea, nor do i know what your talking about

UTsmokey14 04-04-2007 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lajit-CL
I'm looking a t your mod list and see you have different seat in. Where they direct bolt on or did you have to make any mods. Also, how about some pics.

Thanks

I have 2006 RSX-S Leather seats, but they wont be installed for a little while. I'm having trouble finding a shop that will do it. Everyone is worried about the safety of welding old seat brackets onto new sliders. Apparently people wont do it because its too dangerous. I found ONE shop that will do it for $58 dollars an hour but he wants to look at everything first. I will take everything up there sometime this week when i'm not busy.

-Drew

97BlackAckCL 04-04-2007 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by 972xghost
yea the basics are that great of a ride, but the SS's are a different story.

Are you saying basics are not a great ride or what? :confused: Please explain, you mean SS's are good and basics aren't?

732xghost 04-04-2007 10:33 AM

damn typo. lol

basics arent as good of a ride as SS's. my friend has them in his 03 Si, and they arent that great, but there a hell of alot better than his Skunk 2 coils.

97BlackAckCL 04-04-2007 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 972xghost
damn typo. lol

basics arent as good of a ride as SS's. my friend has them in his 03 Si, and they arent that great, but there a hell of alot better than his Skunk 2 coils.

I thought that's what you were saying, just wanted to make sure. I already switched my wanted list from basics to SS to have the adjustability, glad to hear you like the ride. Now after I pay off these damn taxes, I will finally be able to get them, I had half the money from sellin my omni's but that all went to taxes :bye: Don't ever be an independant contractor :whyme:

b15 05-09-2018 03:45 PM

wrong thread