Rear tint problem/question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by I Fear No Five O
Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Cutting right before the dots or using vinyl would look kind of funny; I wouldn't recommend doing that. It is actually possible to get the tint to stick to the matrix, but unfortunately it can only be done when the tint is being installed and still fresh. How old is your tint? If it's not too old, it might be possible to fix that problem. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Sweet, thanks bro.... Im gonna give it a try in the next couple days.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Sweet, thanks bro.... Im gonna give it a try in the next couple days.
No problem man. If you have any problems or have any more questions, PM me. Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZeroCL
I got it done in December. It was professionally done, he just couldnt get it to completely stick. Some parts are fine but theres like madddd bubbles (only in between the dots though)
Yeah, I think it's too late to fix the bubbles without having to completely replace the tint. If the tint job came with a warranty, I would definately bring it back and have them do it again for free.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Mine was under warranty too. But when they got bought out, they wont warranty my tint...
Old 05-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,414 Likes on 3,024 Posts
Yeah, I think it's too late to fix the bubbles without having to completely replace the tint. If the tint job came with a warranty, I would definately bring it back and have them do it again for free.
He works there, they better give him a warranty
Old 05-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Mine was under warranty too. But when they got bought out, they wont warranty my tint...
Damn, that sucks. They should honor the warranty anyways, bastards. Well, if you're ever up in NorCal, I'll hook you up.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Instructor

Yeah, I think it's too late to fix the bubbles without having to completely replace the tint. If the tint job came with a warranty, ZeroCL should definately bring it back and have them do it again for free.
Fixed.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Instructor

i removed my own window tint before and lemme just tell you, it was a bitch and a half. i had to let it bake in the sun with alcohol and water and a black garbage bag to cook the glue. then i had to sit in the car in blazing hot temperatures to peel the tint off before it dried again and restuck to the window. razoring off and steelwooling off the remaining residue was a bitch too. i dunno how much it would have cost to get it taken off, but i wouldn't want to ever take off my own tint again.

owning a heat gun would have helped, i wouldnt' have had to sit in a heated up car. but the process would have taken longer.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Mmmm...

Originally Posted by Zy
i removed my own window tint before and lemme just tell you, it was a bitch and a half. i had to let it bake in the sun with alcohol and water and a black garbage bag to cook the glue. then i had to sit in the car in blazing hot temperatures to peel the tint off before it dried again and restuck to the window. razoring off and steelwooling off the remaining residue was a bitch too. i dunno how much it would have cost to get it taken off, but i wouldn't want to ever take off my own tint again.

owning a heat gun would have helped, i wouldnt' have had to sit in a heated up car. but the process would have taken longer.

I could sooooooo see someone doing that shit... sweating their ass off