Rear Control arms problem ? Help???

Old 11-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Control arms problem ? Help???

So I have an Acura cl 99 which I love ❤️... a few months ago I installed new tires on it ... but apparently something is off on both rear sides ... the outside of the tires are wearing off like super quickly and the inside aren’t touch at all ... so I don’t know what could be wrong with the car ?... front tires are still in great shape but both rear tires are wearing off tooo fast ?.. any idea of what could be wrong is it the control arms ?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:34 PM
3rd Gear

Are your new tires the same size as the old ones? If you went bigger/smaller, it could have an effect on your camber. But it'd have to be a significant change. Your control arms shouldn't need a change.

I just added some of these to my del sol: https://www.ebay.com/itm/98-99-00-01...VaFcHo&vxp=mtr, then again, I dropped it about 4.5" in the rear. Yes, you read that right, I've hacked the shit out that car and no factory adjustments would have worked.

Now, those camber rods will fix your problem, but to be adjusted properly, you'd need to take it to an alignment shop afterwards - you can't do it by eye. So my advice: skip the adjusters and go straight to the alignment shop. They'll sort you out for about $100.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rickjames8
Are your new tires the same size as the old ones? If you went bigger/smaller, it could have an effect on your camber. But it'd have to be a significant change. Your control arms shouldn't need a change.

I just added some of these to my del sol: https://www.ebay.com/itm/98-99-00-01...VaFcHo&vxp=mtr, then again, I dropped it about 4.5" in the rear. Yes, you read that right, I've hacked the shit out that car and no factory adjustments would have worked.

Now, those camber rods will fix your problem, but to be adjusted properly, you'd need to take it to an alignment shop afterwards - you can't do it by eye. So my advice: skip the adjusters and go straight to the alignment shop. They'll sort you out for about $100.

... hey thanks for the reply I just added those 18 rims not too long ago ... and i actually forgot I got one rear side wheel bearing changed and my mechanic said that could’ve been the problem cuz it needs the back tires aligned... but will order new tires and get the car aligned because it sucks driving it like this ...

Search this Thread