NooB Needs help tricking out 99 3.0Cl

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by 99CL3.0
come here asking for some help and you get all pissy cuz i hit 9 instead of 8 when sayin 18, then u guys go on and on about the fukin wing WHO CARS, and no I dont get aloota downforce Cus u have to be doin like 80 for it to cause a large downforce, I drive it you dont

In all honesty, they look like 17's.....

Are you sure your even 28?
Old 05-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by subbuzz
because people you alittle? this site has info for days(one of the best acura site's on the net) as i said before it's your car, you can't and shouldn't want to please everyone. as long as you like it,that's what matters. you need to grow thicker skin.
from big berd
Old 05-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Mmmm...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grow up.. and im only 16
Old 05-04-2007, 07:41 PM
W WHIP.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck finding a better forum.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
What wing is everyone talking about, the type r wing from wings west?

Anyways, what do you need help with? As far as body/aero kits, you'll need to have them custom fitted to your car since none are made for ous cars except for that black widow kit.

As far as turbo/supercharging your car, the comptech supercharger will work for our cars. If you want to turbo it, it's going to be expensive and custom made.

Your basic bolt ons will be fun, but nothing too drastic as far as performance wise. You can however go with a 125 shot on the car, just as long as you stick with race gas and cold plugs. Or you can throw on the 75 shot and leave everything alone and have fun with that. Nitrous is always a great, cheap way to get some power out of any car.

Hope that helps...let me know if you want to know anything else...
Old 05-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Mmmm...

I think hes banned

I'd hate to see him go though...
Old 05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
He definately sounded like he'd be fun for a few more threads, but didn't sound like 29 wait 28 at all (hit wrong key)

if you dont like it here, give honda-tech a shot, I'm sure they will tell you what you want to hear.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 PM
W WHIP.

Originally Posted by Mach30SiR
He definately sounded like he'd be fun for a few more threads, but didn't sound like 29 wait 28 at all (hit wrong key)

if you dont like it here, give honda-tech a shot, I'm sure they will tell you what you want to hear.
Hahahahahaha.

Yeah, you'll have Honda badges in no time! (no offense to the people that do and pull them off decently)
Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Advanced

Im still here, and how do I not sound 28 , are you able to hear me type ???
Old 05-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cocoa
What wing is everyone talking about, the type r wing from wings west?

Anyways, what do you need help with? As far as body/aero kits, you'll need to have them custom fitted to your car since none are made for ous cars except for that black widow kit.

As far as turbo/supercharging your car, the comptech supercharger will work for our cars. If you want to turbo it, it's going to be expensive and custom made.

Your basic bolt ons will be fun, but nothing too drastic as far as performance wise. You can however go with a 125 shot on the car, just as long as you stick with race gas and cold plugs. Or you can throw on the 75 shot and leave everything alone and have fun with that. Nitrous is always a great, cheap way to get some power out of any car.

Hope that helps...let me know if you want to know anything else...
Thx man, finally someone wanting to help instaed of tring to tell me what my car has and does, or looks like.......

Anyways I want it to be a daily driver car so race gas is out of the question, if you have a supercharger does it matter what type of exaust u have ? can the exaust be put on first or should it be done after the supercharger ?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Mmmm...

Thx man, finally someone wanting to help instaed of tring to tell me what my car has and does, or looks like.......

Anyways I want it to be a daily driver car so race gas is out of the question, if you have a supercharger does it matter what type of exaust u have ? can the exaust be put on first or should it be done after the supercharger ?

I wasnt "dissing" your car...
Old 05-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Advanced

No, its not the type R it the "GT Wing - Battle series GTR Dominator" 57 inch wing
Old 05-04-2007, 09:15 PM
where is....

@ wing, but i guess if that's what you're into. no one can talk you out of taking it off, my cousin is like that.......still in fast and furious stage of modding.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Advanced

Just want something different thats all, everyone around me here likes it except 2 of my friends.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Advanced

Why does everyone have the 4 cyl instead of the 6?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:44 PM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Just want something different thats all, everyone around me here likes it except 2 of my friends.
respect for that,it's just the way you reacted to the whole situation. i could give 2 f*cks and a sh*t if you like my car's, as long as i do. i know you wanna defend the ride but it's pointless. i'm known for a crooked rear lip and got but as swervin said everyone has an opinion. no need to get upset cuz regardless you still have a iffy looking wing and i still have a crooked lip.as long as we like it will stay that way and to the rest.

edit: i also have "cowskin" mudflaps,i just laugh it off. some off the posts/insults are funny..........
Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
07 tl-s in

mostly for the 5-speed option and non glass tranny. you can also swap an h22 in there......

that and they can't handle the power of the j30

and i'm interested in seeing the whole car so
Old 05-04-2007, 09:50 PM
W WHIP.

What are you talking about? There are a lot with the 6. And if there isnt, its probably cause their trannies died and they got a new car. Haha.

But uh, in all honesty, unless you really feel like spending a shit load of money on your car dont plan on getting a supercharger and all of that. It's probably not going to happen. And if you really do, something else will break once its done. Just be prepared to replace a good amount of your parts, since they are 8-10 years old.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:50 PM
07 tl-s in

respect for that,it's just the way you reacted to the whole situation. i could give 2 f*cks and a sh*t if you like my car's, as long as i do. i know you wanna defend the ride but it's pointless. i'm known for a crooked rear lip and got but as swervin said everyone has an opinion. no need to get upset cuz regardless you still have a iffy looking wing and i still have a crooked lip.as long as we like it will stay that way and to the rest.

edit: i also have "cowskin" mudflaps,i just laugh it off. some off the posts/insults are funny..........
fixed
Old 05-04-2007, 10:00 PM
W WHIP.

You did all that to change the smiley? hahaha.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:06 PM
07 tl-s in

Originally Posted by ZeroCL
You did all that to change the smiley? hahaha.
you reread all that to find that out.hahaha :wink: smiley's can say so much more than words sometimes. just trying to get my point across........
Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZeroCL
What are you talking about? There are a lot with the 6. And if there isnt, its probably cause their trannies died and they got a new car. Haha.

But uh, in all honesty, unless you really feel like spending a shit load of money on your car dont plan on getting a supercharger and all of that. It's probably not going to happen. And if you really do, something else will break once its done. Just be prepared to replace a good amount of your parts, since they are 8-10 years old.
7 years old but only 76000 miles so the parts are not that old, but a super charger would be the last thing if I was to put one on, but I wanna do a nice intake / exaust and maybe lower the car, but other people told me just to get a civic or RSX cuz the CLs are not worth moding
Old 05-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Advanced

mostly for the 5-speed option and non glass tranny. you can also swap an h22 in there......

that and they can't handle the power of the j30

and i'm interested in seeing the whole car so
I will put the pics up tomorrow, the spoiler looks alot better when u can see the whole car, still not sure bout the rims though, I got those from my friend he had them for a year on his CL then it was smashed by a teenie girl so he sold the rims to me for $400, cant beat that since they were $2,000 new. he got $ from insurance for rims as well HAHA
Old 05-04-2007, 11:50 PM
W WHIP.

7 years old but only 76000 miles so the parts are not that old, but a super charger would be the last thing if I was to put one on, but I wanna do a nice intake / exaust and maybe lower the car, but other people told me just to get a civic or RSX cuz the CLs are not worth moding
I would love to have an RSX. My friend has one and its honestly, sooo sick.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
for someone who's almost 30, I'd expect as least some level of competence when it comes to your posts. Stop calling people assholes when you're acting like one. You've been warned.

I have a spoiler and 18 in. crome rims and low profile Toyo tire
Its a crappy pic of my car, the rims are fine I think you just dont like crome
OMG YOUR SO FUKING DUMB
WHO CARS, and no I dont get aloota downforce Cus u have to be doin like 80 for it to cause a large downforce, I drive it you dont
Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Miss th 3.0

i have a 6
Old 05-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Miss th 3.0

i think what we mean is that a 28 year old would act more mature than what your acting like
Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Miss th 3.0

I know your not trying to dog my car , is that a P.O.S. Ford I see in your av. spend some $$$ and get a real car, those things are for girls
wow, i too own a stang and a cl, and i would have to say i like the stang far better than the cl. i almost feel like the cl is a beeter sometimes....
Old 05-05-2007, 01:55 AM
smr cl_s

Old 05-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
holy shit, i just saw your avatar picture, for some reason it wasn't loading last night.

Seriously, if you like that wing, fine. But who installed it? That angle its mounted at would actually be producing lift in the rear.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

That all depends on what your going for. The CL will not be fast with slight mods. You really need to invest some money into the engine to make it fast. H22 swap, Supercharge, NAWS.

There is a lot of good info in the Noob guide if you want to take a look at that.

Civics can be made a lot quicker, a lot cheaper, plus everyone has them. Where as a CL, no one has. There are a lot of people on here whom have dumped a bunch of money into their cls and have made them quite fast.

Most of the people on here though take the CL for what it is, a Semi luxory car. So most people, will put some nice rims on it (which you have already, if you like the chrome) drop it, throw a nice exhaust system on it, intake, headers and lower that bitch and call it a day.

Its all up to you.

I was not flaming your car, I was mearly giving you my opinion on it. If its what you like, then why do care what I think about it... Just my
Old 05-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KLepTo
for someone who's almost 30, I'd expect as least some level of competence when it comes to your posts. Stop calling people assholes when you're acting like one. You've been warned.
I talk to people the same way they talk to me, if they are an ass then I treat them as such.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Advanced

Cool

holy shit, i just saw your avatar picture, for some reason it wasn't loading last night.

Seriously, if you like that wing, fine. But who installed it? That angle its mounted at would actually be producing lift in the rear.
no, as I said before its the angle of the pic, its actually tilted at an angle you can't tell from the pic, but it curves like a boomerang and the sides curve down real close to the trunk before curving up, and sloped low in the front and high in the back. that area holds alotta water after washing or raining, you have to open the trunk or get a towle to soak up water. Where the wing curves up on the sides it catches the air from the side of the car, and the wing at that area is molded to cause a downforce at the parts of the wing where it curves up. I dont even like the way the spoiler looks in that pic, but that was the only one I could use as an Av. pic, but when I see the car in person (or different pic) it looks atlot different. (better) I know its a look that some people dont like but alot do, and after $1,100 im not willing to take it off, Ive only had the wing for a year. it was mounted and painted by Velocity Trends / Aero Trends Jacksonville Florida. the spoiler is rather neutral, I really dont feel much difference at all except switching lanes at 55 + Handles Great between 85 - 120 mph however I havent "Ripped" into a turn as someone had said earlier (cuz I dont drive hard with the CL. fast not agressive or stupid ) so I dont know if it will turn or not, but taking curves at 45+ and normal fast turns around corners at stop signs and lights are the same pretty much, since the spioler will do nothing at those speeds. I have a stock suspension on this car, well the whole car is stock, so I cant drive like I could if I had one of you guys (or girls) car. People that ride with me on a daily basis even say that my car feels like it takes turns sharper without leaning or having bogy rool in the back as much, if at all. Everyone chill on doggin it til you atleast see the other pics so you can see the whole car and pics that show the spoiler better, Then you can trash it. i wasn just getting mad yesterday cause you guys are so quick to trash my ride when all you have to go on is a small Avatar pic which doesent even show the whole car, that the most important view, then you can see how the car looks with the spoiler and rims. Like I said I wanted something different.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Advanced

You know they used this same spoiler on on of the black civics in the first "fast and furious" movie, they have mine on 1 car and the double decker ver. on the other 2 civics, I didnt know til after I bought my spoiler though, im not a wannabe. as I said before I will upload pics of my car later.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
That all depends on what your going for. The CL will not be fast with slight mods. You really need to invest some money into the engine to make it fast. H22 swap, Supercharge, NAWS.

There is a lot of good info in the Noob guide if you want to take a look at that.

Civics can be made a lot quicker, a lot cheaper, plus everyone has them. Where as a CL, no one has. There are a lot of people on here whom have dumped a bunch of money into their cls and have made them quite fast.

Most of the people on here though take the CL for what it is, a Semi luxory car. So most people, will put some nice rims on it (which you have already, if you like the chrome) drop it, throw a nice exhaust system on it, intake, headers and lower that bitch and call it a day.

Its all up to you.

I was not flaming your car, I was mearly giving you my opinion on it. If its what you like, then why do care what I think about it... Just my
Thats one reason I kept this car , cuz noone has it, as far as the rims this is the first time Ive had crome, Ive had the racing style and I had the spoke acura rim before these but those are a pain to clean. dropping the car I wanted to do til my friend did in his 97 3.0. Its squeaked BAD ! and a rough ride, so I have no Idea what to do, I want to but I dont want it to sqeak and make all that noise. I probaly wont supercharge it, since everyone said you have to change out alotta parts, I know some thing have to be switched to stronger or bigger parts, but I dont want to change everything. which should I do firts exaust or intake ?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:00 PM
2600lb CL

If you plan on supercharging the car with the comptech supercharger, then I would suggest jumping on one as soon as you find one for sale. Comptech went out of business and there are only a limited amount made. You will most likely find it for sale around the $2,000-$3,000 depending on what else is included and how many miles have been driven on it, etc...

All the basic bolt on are affordable, and great. With under $1,000, you can get your basic intake, headers, exhuast, and springs. If you know where to look and install them yourself (except the exhaust, that's going to have to be welded on with the custom piping of the diameter of your choice).

Goodluck with the ride.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:05 PM
2600lb CL

Thats one reason I kept this car , cuz noone has it, as far as the rims this is the first time Ive had crome, Ive had the racing style and I had the spoke acura rim before these but those are a pain to clean. dropping the car I wanted to do til my friend did in his 97 3.0. Its squeaked BAD ! and a rough ride, so I have no Idea what to do, I want to but I dont want it to sqeak and make all that noise. I probaly wont supercharge it, since everyone said you have to change out alotta parts, I know some thing have to be switched to stronger or bigger parts, but I dont want to change everything. which should I do firts exaust or intake ?

There were only 3 things you had to do to have the supercharger fit. And they were NOT big things. The parts costed about $100 to do so. One of the 3 things that had to be done was a battery relocation, and as for the other 2 things, i dont remember what it was, but the info is on the boards somewhere. Only 2 guys have ever supercharged their 3.0's. One out in NY, and the guy was in CO. If you want to save yourself the hassle, you can throw in a 75 shot and call it a day.

As for the suspension squeaking, they either did not install it properly, or a little grease in the bushing could do the trick (depending where the squeak is coming from).
Old 05-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Advanced

If you plan on supercharging the car with the comptech supercharger, then I would suggest jumping on one as soon as you find one for sale. Comptech went out of business and there are only a limited amount made. You will most likely find it for sale around the $2,000-$3,000 depending on what else is included and how many miles have been driven on it, etc...

All the basic bolt on are affordable, and great. With under $1,000, you can get your basic intake, headers, exhuast, and springs. If you know where to look and install them yourself (except the exhaust, that's going to have to be welded on with the custom piping of the diameter of your choice).

Goodluck with the ride.
Thx 4 that info, what type of muffler whould u go with, I want to keep it under 300 $ If they have a good one around 150 that whould be great, but im not one to limit mar car parts to money, if they have something I want for 875$ and the one I want is 1240$ then I will wait til I have enough $ the way I see it you dont settle for something cuz its cheaper, just wait and save cash, theres no point buying something you dont want, or settle for less performance.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:47 PM
2600lb CL

The sound is going to depend on what you like, and how many different types of exhausts you've been around to distinguish the difference in sound bwtween them. I personally love Apexi N1. If I could have gone with a Jay's Racing exhaust, I would, but they dont make the muffler by itself.

A lot of people enjoy the Tanabe mufflers on here, because of the low rubble sound. It's not to high pitched, and not to low pitched where it sounds like a wanabe borla or anything. It is just right...

I personally love the high decibals of a great exhaust. And to me, the N1 fit that. Freaking loud, and freaking bad. On the track, there's no better sound for me (except hearing a real jay's racing setup. those get up to about 116 decibals) Those full exhausts go for $1600, and in my opinion, worth every penny.

I got the Apexi muffler for $225. You can find HKS for a little more than that, or even less, depending on the muffler. And you can even find tanabe's for less than that. So finding a great muffler wont be an issue. It's just all about what distintive sound you're looking for.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Advanced

The sound is going to depend on what you like, and how many different types of exhausts you've been around to distinguish the difference in sound bwtween them. I personally love Apexi N1. If I could have gone with a Jay's Racing exhaust, I would, but they dont make the muffler by itself.

A lot of people enjoy the Tanabe mufflers on here, because of the low rubble sound. It's not to high pitched, and not to low pitched where it sounds like a wanabe borla or anything. It is just right...

I personally love the high decibals of a great exhaust. And to me, the N1 fit that. Freaking loud, and freaking bad. On the track, there's no better sound for me (except hearing a real jay's racing setup. those get up to about 116 decibals) Those full exhausts go for $1600, and in my opinion, worth every penny.

I got the Apexi muffler for $225. You can find HKS for a little more than that, or even less, depending on the muffler. And you can even find tanabe's for less than that. So finding a great muffler wont be an issue. It's just all about what distintive sound you're looking for.
I like the low loud rumble / roar , like a subaru STI that has a aftermarket exaust. I had a 5.7 IRoc Z28 with flowmasters and 4 in pipe, I like it when it is equaly load revin up as revin down. I also want a muffler that is normal sounding til u step on the gas and open up the engine, then it let out a deep roar.

Quick Reply: NooB Needs help tricking out 99 3.0Cl