AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL (1997-1999) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/)
-   -   My Build: Revealed (long story + Pics =56k FTL) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/my-build-revealed-long-story-pics-%3D56k-ftl-494467/)

Cocoa 06-19-2008 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
not anymore, they've changed almost every component in those cars lol. I'm not trying to go full race, just something i have have a few spirited runs with from time to time and be unique with. Our cars aren't naturally sports cars, i know that, its been covered for years on this site. Thanks for the input though.

I'm aware a lot of time and money went into those cars. But it doesn't mean a CL can't be built for the track with the same amount of money. My point is, monkey see, monkey can do.

97BlackAckCL 06-19-2008 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cocoa
Same chasis. That's all you need to start off with. We're talking about potential aren't we? Those accords in JTCC back in the day were built of the 5th gen accords. We have their platform.

:werd: It's the same frame, chasis and suspension to start with :shrug:

Just cuz it has an h22 swapped in and is built for track, doesn't mean you couldn't do the exact same on our platform

Cocoa 06-19-2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by AznX TL
are you serious? the car is practically an accord. uses same engine/transmission, the only difference is that we have auto climate control and the dash is a little different because of that. and some exterior cosmetic parts, but its still the same car.

I'm assuming it's all a misunderstanding. I think he's saying we have nothing in common with them because of everything that was changed in that car to make it what it was then. If you've seen those accords, they have the engine mounted as far back in the engine bay as possible to reduce understeer. Of course there are other things done that makes that car not your typical accord, but my point was, if it was done before, it can be done again. I think he just misunderstood what I was trying to point out, and well, now we're all trying to correct eachother...

Cocoa 06-19-2008 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
:werd: It's the same frame, chasis and suspension to start with :shrug:

Just cuz it has an h22 swapped in and is built for track, doesn't mean you couldn't do the exact same on our platform

Exactly what I was trying to get out. Monkey see, monkey can do. All you need is the desire, time, knowledge and money.

732xghost 06-19-2008 01:16 PM

are you serious? the car is practically an accord. uses same engine/transmission, the only difference is that we have auto climate control and the dash is a little different because of that. and some exterior cosmetic parts, but its still the same car.

actually alot of JDM CD5 accords have auto climate control too.

those 5th Gen JTCC accords are awesome. i remember that Castrol one when i was younger.

Cocoa 06-19-2008 01:23 PM

Too bad they shut down JTCC :( JGTC took over.

97BlackAckCL 06-19-2008 01:28 PM

Exactly what I was trying to get out. Monkey see, monkey can do. All you need is the desire, time, knowledge and money.

Yeah you're a perfect example mr plexi windows ;)

DaInFaMMuS1 06-19-2008 02:34 PM

lol very good point you guys. I was thinking the same thing too. With the right amount of money an ingenuity, you can do almost anything to any car. Different people go different routes. anybody got pics of the JTCC accords?

On another note, seeing such an informative well discussed topic instead of ridiculousness on a page on Azine renewed my faith in it. :thumbsup:

starboy2nv 06-19-2008 02:59 PM

azine is the worst place to come to if your broke... just to let u guys know! lol

chris: i thought u got ur car back?

DaInFaMMuS1 06-19-2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by starboy2nv
azine is the worst place to come to if your broke... just to let u guys know! lol

chris: i thought u got ur car back?

I did but a few other kinks needed to be worked out. And i added 1 more thing. I think you'll like it when you see the final addition :thumbsup:

Still need to get that damn fender painted though :whyme: you know anyone that could do it for me for a good price Kumar? I mean, its only a fender lol.

97BlackAckCL 06-19-2008 05:02 PM

On another note, seeing such an informative well discussed topic instead of ridiculousness on a page on Azine renewed my faith in it. :thumbsup:

:werd: I treasure these, they're so few and far between anymore. I remember when 9/10 threads were useful like 5 years ago :killer:

732xghost 06-19-2008 05:16 PM

i hope noobs look at my swap thread for reference, that shit was like 10 pages long.

ethenol 06-19-2008 05:38 PM

Love the swap can't wait to hear the growl...

Cocoa 06-19-2008 05:44 PM

Here's a picture of the Mugen Castrol Accord. Mugen keeps it in their showroom.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...trolaccord.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/j35j32/jtcc.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/j35j32/jtcc1.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/j35j32/jtcc2.jpg

DaInFaMMuS1 06-19-2008 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 972xghost
i hope noobs look at my swap thread for reference, that shit was like 10 pages long.

I think thats another reason we need a builds section, directly for builds such as yours and cocoas and mine and ethenols etc etc. It would have the variety of swaps right there on hand to sample. that would be sweeeeet lol

Cocoa thanks for the pics, i love those accords they're gorgeous. I wonder what they look like under the hood?

Cocoa 06-19-2008 09:51 PM

I think thats another reason we need a builds section, directly for builds such as yours and cocoas and mine and ethenols etc etc. It would have the variety of swaps right there on hand to sample. that would be sweeeeet lol

Cocoa thanks for the pics, i love those accords they're gorgeous. I wonder what they look like under the hood?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...cenginebay.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...jtccengine.jpg

ZeroCL 06-19-2008 10:00 PM

oh..my. those accords are beautifullllll. and holy hell on the EB.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-19-2008 10:33 PM

what are those big black containers in front of the engine?

97BlackAckCL 06-19-2008 10:36 PM

I'll give you a hint, there's a turbo connected to it ;) Look at the first pic

DaInFaMMuS1 06-19-2008 10:42 PM

I'm still clueless lol. i guess i have bad eyes? :dunno:

Tehvine 06-19-2008 10:53 PM

No idea... Is it something related to cooling the intake charge? Are they using water to spray the intercooler and recycling it? At first I thought it was a fuel cell then said wait a minute... bad location for a fuel cell and it wouldn't be plastic. But that's my guess since I can't see a FMIC from any of the other pics.

AznX TL 06-19-2008 11:05 PM

i don't see a turbo, and im pretty sure the mooncraft accord was n/a. it looks more like cf to me?

starboy2nv 06-20-2008 01:50 AM

chris: its a big black container of WHOOP ASS ON YO FACE

LOL... i always wanted to say that :)

:fluffy:

97BlackAckCL 06-20-2008 08:16 AM

i don't see a turbo, and im pretty sure the mooncraft accord was n/a. it looks more like cf to me?

It is a CF intake of some sort, but on the left looks like either a blower or a turbo

Cocoa 06-20-2008 08:25 AM

It's just an air box for the itb's.

AznX TL 06-20-2008 04:42 PM

oh yeah thats right, they don't use open trumpet itbs. they use the huge sponge filtered ones.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-20-2008 10:43 PM

wouldnt the ITB's be on the other side of the motor near the firewall? did they flip it around or something?

Cocoa 06-20-2008 11:25 PM

wouldnt the ITB's be on the other side of the motor near the firewall? did they flip it around or something?

From our understanding (my friend and I), they did reverse mount it to move it back as far as possible in the engine bay which helps reduce understeer.

Can someone show me a good pic of an H22 in another accord? I will be able to compare the two and see where the tranny sits. If it sits in the opposite end of these touring accords, then our prediction is correct.

GhettoNinja06 06-21-2008 12:37 AM

http://www.davesport.com/images/accord2.jpg

teh CL 06-21-2008 12:40 AM

talk about wires

DaInFaMMuS1 06-21-2008 01:26 AM

yeah all those wires are disgusting

thanks ghetto u did good this time lol

CL SLeePeR 06-21-2008 02:19 AM

Those touring accords were dominate in their respective racing class. We're talking Ferrari's, Skylines and BMW's being shown up. The h22's were placed with the intake facing the front of the engine bay. They spun the other way like the k-series.

JACCS Accord 1

JACCS Accord 2

DaInFaMMuS1 06-21-2008 10:55 AM

wow those accords are hot. pure hotness. I wonder how much the brakes and suspension setup alone cost.

On another note, as of 1:49am today my wiring issues are taken care of and i'm gonna go pick up the car on monday or so. Too much to do to get out to where its at and get it till then lol.

Tehvine 06-21-2008 11:57 AM

I love how the accord passes the ferrari challenge car then the GTR. Then again the ferrari challenge cars are pretty slow, my friend eats them all the time on the track in his M3 (track built not street). And I want that sequential manual.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItXU...eature=related

Cocoa 06-21-2008 12:12 PM

I know what company makes the best suspension for the Accord. :) But we're talking about a price range like the Moton's. The price for Moton's shocks alone will run you the price of 2 1st gen CL's. The company I'm talking about is named Quantum. They build suspension for F1 cars, Ferrari's, Lambo's, race cars, and of course the Accord. Everything built to your specs. We're talking about suspension with low, mid, and high speed bump adjustablility. Yes, adjusted exactly the way it sounds. Moton's do the same, but you can't find any for our cars. Moton's recommends you get your suspension tuned by a race track engineer after buying their product. Quantum would be no different.

97BlackAckCL 06-21-2008 02:05 PM

On another note, as of 1:49am today my wiring issues are taken care of and i'm gonna go pick up the car on monday or so. Too much to do to get out to where its at and get it till then lol.

:woot:

DaInFaMMuS1 06-21-2008 07:45 PM

Just came back from H.I.N. @ Belmont Racetrack in NY, took like 200 pics. All the cars out there gave me a ton of ideas for my CL. If only i had the money though :whyme: . One of the sickest things i did see was a 350z with a Corvette LS2 motor in it! They're sticking that motor into anything these days lol.

Cocoa 06-21-2008 07:47 PM

^ There's a 350z with a Titan engine in it.

AznX TL 06-21-2008 07:48 PM

Just came back from H.I.N. @ Belmont Racetrack in NY, took like 200 pics. All the cars out there gave me a ton of ideas for my CL. If only i had the money though :whyme: . One of the sickest things i did see was a 350z with a Corvette LS2 motor in it! They're sticking that motor into anything these days lol.

:werd: someone in the middle east even put a ls1 into a evo viii.

AznX TL 06-21-2008 07:48 PM

^ There's a 350z with a Titan engine in it.

wasn't it a g35?