AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL (1997-1999) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/)
-   -   My Build: Revealed (long story + Pics =56k FTL) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/my-build-revealed-long-story-pics-%3D56k-ftl-494467/)

97BlackAckCL 06-15-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Germ
awwww dude im so jealous that....i wish 3.0s could do swaps like that...

looks sweet bro

We can do better ones, you should research 3.2 and 3.5 swaps ;)

CLpwner 06-15-2008 09:47 PM

HOLY SHIT!

Bruh, how much was all this shit... cause, God dang...

that is some intense, intensive stuff right there... Whats the other 1k worth of stuff you gonna put on?

GhettoNinja06 06-15-2008 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
We can do better ones, you should research 3.2 and 3.5 swaps ;)

:werd: Unfortunately us 3.0s (besides cocoa) don't do engine swaps for some reason. I guess cuz there decent.

spencer_homer 06-15-2008 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
:werd: Unfortunately us 3.0s (besides cocoa) don't do engine swaps for some reason. I guess cuz there decent.

no because its very costly, and it would be even more costly to swap in a 6 speed cause a swap with stock tranny would be worthless

2.3 ftw

GhettoNinja06 06-15-2008 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by spencer_homer
no because its very costly, and it would be even more costly to swap in a 6 speed cause a swap with stock tranny would be worthless

true. :annoyed:

97BlackAckCL 06-15-2008 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06

Cocoa's not the only one doing a swap, plus tons of accord owners have done it, not to mention TL owners on here. But something def needs done with the tranny

GhettoNinja06 06-15-2008 11:24 PM

I can't imagine how sick our 3.0s would be with a good tranny or manual.

Tehvine 06-15-2008 11:28 PM

How tight is the fit with that aftermarket IM? When I saw that I kinda wondered how rough it would be to get that JRSC in our engine bay. Would be hella sweet if we could get it to fit on the F22/3's. I know we have more space in our bays than the 5g accords do. Did you have to counter your motor forward at all to give it room or just barely fits?

DaInFaMMuS1 06-16-2008 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Cocoa's not the only one doing a swap, plus tons of accord owners have done it, not to mention TL owners on here. But something def needs done with the tranny

lol ok chris enough 3.0 praise for a 2.3 thread! i think i'll be good with my 2.3 for now lol.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-16-2008 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tehvine
How tight is the fit with that aftermarket IM? When I saw that I kinda wondered how rough it would be to get that JRSC in our engine bay. Would be hella sweet if we could get it to fit on the F22/3's. I know we have more space in our bays than the 5g accords do. Did you have to counter your motor forward at all to give it room or just barely fits?

fitment is tiiigghhht, the intake manual barely fits. the motor its in the same position the stock one did so its ok. if u put a supercharger in there you'll def have to modify the firewall.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-16-2008 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by CLpwner
HOLY SHIT!

Bruh, how much was all this shit... cause, God dang...

that is some intense, intensive stuff right there... Whats the other 1k worth of stuff you gonna put on?

lol, you know i always gotta keep a little secret up my sleeve :thumbsup:

97BlackAckCL 06-16-2008 09:03 AM

:werd: That's half the fun of this site :ninja:

ZeroCL 06-16-2008 10:11 AM

i pretend to have secret stuff. but in reality its just other peoples projects they've given up on or parts they dont want anymore. :rofl: cant wait to see it all together and hear a clip of it. You should probably come out here soon. haha

Yurhomieblaze 06-16-2008 10:17 AM

watsup on a link to the other build thred you mentioned. i'd like to see more

DaInFaMMuS1 06-16-2008 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Yurhomieblaze
watsup on a link to the other build thred you mentioned. i'd like to see more

pretty much all the pics that are on the other site, i put onto this thread for you guys so u didnt have to go there to get any pics or info lol.

732xghost 06-16-2008 11:30 AM

where else do you have a build thread?

DaInFaMMuS1 06-16-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 972xghost
where else do you have a build thread?

tri-state vip. wouldn't post it anywhere else like H-T or njtuners lol.

732xghost 06-16-2008 11:45 AM

i post on H-T. never on njtuners. only go on Ngay tuners to look for meets.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-16-2008 11:54 AM

the only people i really care about seeing this are on azine and tsv so its ok lol

732xghost 06-16-2008 06:15 PM

i was never asked to join tsv :sad:

fuck it idc tho. lol

97BlackAckCL 06-16-2008 06:17 PM

eh they're all losers anyway matt :spit:

Just playin I love those guys, met a number of em when I came to Joisey

DaInFaMMuS1 06-16-2008 09:03 PM

i was never asked to join tsv :sad:

fuck it idc tho. lol

lol i didnt know you had to be asked to join, some people just join after seeing the site and going to the thursday night meets in edgewater and meeting the crew. I'm sure you'd be welcome

AznX TL 06-16-2008 09:04 PM

any vids yet? :wish:

starboy2nv 06-16-2008 10:37 PM

nice....

yea arber i be on that :ninja: shit lol

DaInFaMMuS1 06-17-2008 12:42 PM

Update: massive IM made it difficult to fit IAC valve from CL, it broke, have to go back and get a prelude one. Also, the CL power steering pump bracket from the CL didn't fit either, need to get 1 of those too from a prelude. Had a wiring issue also, and since all the wiring diagrams for the H23 Vtec are in japanese, it made it difficult to solve. Allan once again comes thru in the clutch and shows me the diagrams from the H22 guide since the head on the motor is basically the same as the H22a4, the wiring diagrams will help. Guess this is the price you pay for ingenuity lol.

732xghost 06-17-2008 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
Update: massive IM made it difficult to fit IAC valve from CL, it broke, have to go back and get a prelude one. Also, the CL power steering pump bracket from the CL didn't fit either, need to get 1 of those too from a prelude. Had a wiring issue also, and since all the wiring diagrams for the H23 Vtec are in japanese, it made it difficult to solve. Allan once again comes thru in the clutch and shows me the diagrams from the H22 guide since the head on the motor is basically the same as the H22a4, the wiring diagrams will help. Guess this is the price you pay for ingenuity lol.

i coulda told you that. main reason i didnt bother keepin my P/S

SupraManAG 06-17-2008 04:42 PM

get it welded together. they are steel.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-18-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SupraManAG
get it welded together. they are steel.

umm i rather not. the part has already been ordered anyway lol so no need for that.

Dicorp 06-18-2008 12:27 PM

definitely do your p/s, i cant stand not having it. i drove my friends civic with no PS, its such a pain in the arse.

so when are we getting vids? any kills yet?

DaInFaMMuS1 06-18-2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dicorp
definitely do your p/s, i cant stand not having it. i drove my friends civic with no PS, its such a pain in the arse.

so when are we getting vids? any kills yet?

My friends H22 accord has no power steering, its a pain in the ass when the car is at low speeds and when you're trying to park and whatnot. Plus i have 2 older sisters that are nowhere near as strong as me and they occasionally have to move my car so i need the P/S on there.

Car went back into the shop to pull out the wiring harness to work out a few kinks, so no kills or vids till i get it back again lol. I must say tho, the short shifter with the H tranny in there feels awesome. When i used to put the car into gears, it felt as if i was rowing cuz of how much travel there was. Now theres not even 1/2 the travel to get into each gear, very tight. Can't wait to get her back to really let her rip :wish:

SupraManAG 06-18-2008 07:12 PM

ahhhh nice

HrEz2k4 06-18-2008 11:09 PM

you can see the cut harness from here
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064...2b9cf3cf_b.jpg

HAHAHA. You can also see my dad's old Nissan Quest in the background :)

I saw your car before the engine was in and talked with Jae about it. Looks like an interesting swap, although I probably wouldn't have chosen the CL for it, no matter what my attachment is to it. I autocrossed my CL recently and the results were hilarious. I guess thats what you get from a suspension design that was released in 1994.

O yeah, and for anybody in the area, they do great work at this shop for amazing prices. As you can see, we take all our cars there now for all the work done to them, not just performance. In this case, the old van's AC wasn't working right.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-19-2008 01:03 AM

Haha yeah some say it would be foolish, but i love it so thats all that matters lol. You can always change up the suspension and whatnot, anything is possible with the right amount of money as u can see.

What car do you drive? One of the ones lined up on the side of the shop for work to get done? You need to wash the quest it looks like LOL

HrEz2k4 06-19-2008 03:21 AM

Haha yeah some say it would be foolish, but i love it so thats all that matters lol. You can always change up the suspension and whatnot, anything is possible with the right amount of money as u can see.

What car do you drive? One of the ones lined up on the side of the shop for work to get done? You need to wash the quest it looks like LOL

Nah, I have a 1999 3.0CL in black. I've had it for nearly 6 years now. Its stock except for a tranny cooler and new struts (both of which were installed by Jae) to replace the blown ones. I don't really see any potential in the car performance-wise compared to other options, unless you spent some serious cash, but even then it wouldn't be that quick or handle that great (again, compared to other options), so I'm just keeping it as reliable, quiet and comfortable to be in as possible. Eventually I'll sell it and get a Legacy GT or something, and build off that.

Ya, the quest is really dirty. Its old though, so you can forgive it. 1993 model, first year it was ever sold. No airbags either :tongue:. It also probably had a lot of junk in it as well when it was there. Right now the thing is at 195k miles or something. We're hoping it lasts until the big 200k.

Good luck with the project though! Any idea when it will be completely finished and driveable? If I'm bored, I may just stop by tomorrow and check it out, since I have to drive past there anyway when running errands.

732xghost 06-19-2008 08:58 AM

^^^did you use to chill at the races in Newark last fall. i remember seein a black CL headin to the dunkin donuts in jersey city after we were all chased outta Doremus by newark cops.

Cocoa 06-19-2008 10:31 AM

For those that don't see the potential in our chasis, look up the JTCC accords. Of course, it takes money to play, but that rule goes for any car.

HrEz2k4 06-19-2008 12:34 PM

^^^did you use to chill at the races in Newark last fall. i remember seein a black CL headin to the dunkin donuts in jersey city after we were all chased outta Doremus by newark cops.

Nope.

Originally Posted by Cocoa
For those that don't see the potential in our chasis, look up the JTCC accords. Of course, it takes money to play, but that rule goes for any car.

That car has almost zero in common with what we drive.

DaInFaMMuS1 06-19-2008 12:41 PM

not anymore, they've changed almost every component in those cars lol. I'm not trying to go full race, just something i have have a few spirited runs with from time to time and be unique with. Our cars aren't naturally sports cars, i know that, its been covered for years on this site. Thanks for the input though.

Cocoa 06-19-2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by HrEz2k4
Nope.

Same chasis. That's all you need to start off with. We're talking about potential aren't we? Those accords in JTCC back in the day were built of the 5th gen accords. We have their platform.

AznX TL 06-19-2008 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by HrEz2k4

are you serious? the car is practically an accord. uses same engine/transmission, the only difference is that we have auto climate control and the dash is a little different because of that. and some exterior cosmetic parts, but its still the same car.