Hidden Compartment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hidden Compartment?

I've been thinking about doing a little custom work on my car and adding a hidden drawer or compartment somewhere, such as detaching the wood trim and adding hinges to it. Lock picking tools aren't exactly legal around here, but it's been my hobby for years and i don't agree with the laws at all. Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just use the little areas under the cd tray and the cup holder.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:06 PM
chips and smokes, lets go

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what are you hiding?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,414 Likes on 3,024 Posts
Originally Posted by herbalist
what are you hiding?
Lock picking tools duh

Behind the ashtray, under the armrest, or under the cup holder are good spots I've seen while taking my interior in and out 10 times
Old 10-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

We're talking a 50+ piece toolkit, a screwdriver shaped tubular pick, and other things. I already considered those places- didn't fit at all. I think it would be pretty nice to have a custom compartment anyway. Does anyone know how much space is behind the woodgrain where the airbag is? I was thinking about putting hinges on top and magnets on the bottom for closure.

Oh any by the way, if anyone thinks I'm some kind of criminal - thieves do NOT use lock picks to break into houses or almost anything else.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Eski
Oh any by the way, if anyone thinks I'm some kind of criminal - thieves do NOT use lock picks to break into houses or almost anything else.
werd, people around here just use bricks
Old 10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AznX TL
i just use the little areas under the cd tray and the cup holder.
Yeah, thats always where i put my paraphernalia.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Matt

I always hide my guns, knives, drugs and underage hookers in my trunk and lock the latch.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KLepTo
werd, people around here just use bricks
yup. lock picks take time and draw attention........ bricks are fast and easy
Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
i dont think ull be able to sling dope from a CL. Looks too good.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

FYI, if you're trying to hide something from cops, under the cupholder, armrest, etc are all very common places to hide things. Cops are well trained when it comes to searching cars. Unless you get the dumbest cop out there and he's not all that interested in searching, anything in these obvious spots will quickly be found.
I knew a drug dealer who used to stash shit in his steering column (unscrewing stuff and everything), and that was found the first time he got searched.
They know what they're doing, and you will probably get caught if you get searched.
I know you want to make a custom stash spot, which will be your best bet. If you do this, PUT IT IN THE TRUNK!!
Back in my teenage drug days, I always wanted to make a little drop box thingy behind a wheel well, so if I was getting pulled over, I could drop the shit down and run over it. I thought if I dropped it down in the center of the car, the cop would probably be more likely to see it drop out. I was paranoid... Now I don't have anything to be paranoid about, which is much nicer
I'm interested (purely out of curiosity) in what you come up with.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

I'm a pretty smooth talker, and i can get my way out of a lot of situations.. I've never even been searched before.. But i enjoy being sneaky ; D

I'm going to take the woodgrain in front of the airbag out and cut off all of the tabs. Then I'm screwing two hinges or something similar to the top of the inside. The main problem is figuring how I'm going to attach the woodgrain to the hinges. After that I'm going to use magnet strips for the bottom so it wont rattle from music and other things.

---
Wait a second - this isn't as good as the other method, but easier.. maybe magnets all the way around. I could just pull it off and on whenever i wanted.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Instructor

what about doing a very smooth cut out in front of the cluster. that isnt an obvious place to look. then attach a box or something from under and use some hinges or something. but under the black plastic, in front of the cluster glass/plastic i dont think there is anything under there besides wires....???
Old 10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
where is....

i'd just put the tool kit with the spare tire kit.......
The following users liked this post:
Robert Kenworthy (08-25-2020)
Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Mmmm...

Originally Posted by AznX TL
i'd just put the tool kit with the spare tire kit.......
Genius
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Racer

legally if theres a lock on anything in your car you cant get searched, at least in washington(unless you get arrested). such as your glovebox, or your trunk, that is if its locked. i have my subs mounted, so i use the access point from the back seat to put things in, since it has a lock and unless you want to spend 30 minutes with a very small drill you cant get behind my subs.

otherwise in the steering column works alright, under your upholstry if you can get under it(such as next to the gas pedal)

under the cup holders is good, theres plenty of places, you just have to be creative, you can put things in your heater if you can take the vent out.

id really like to see the woodtrim thing done, it sounds really cool.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 972.2

id really like to see the woodtrim thing done, it sounds really cool.

i 2nd that
Old 10-26-2007, 10:13 AM
we are monsters

Originally Posted by STL+3.0CL
I always hide my guns, knives, drugs and underage hookers in my trunk and lock the latch.
I would like to second this.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by STL+3.0CL
lawlz. Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Banned

Edit - accidental double post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

legally if theres a lock on anything in your car you cant get searched, at least in washington(unless you get arrested). such as your glovebox, or your trunk, that is if its locked. i have my subs mounted, so i use the access point from the back seat to put things in, since it has a lock and unless you want to spend 30 minutes with a very small drill you cant get behind my subs.
Cops are crooked, they make up lies in order to have probable cause so they can pull you over, search your car, etc... They're taught to lie if they have a hunch. If you don't consent, they will always arrest you, bring you in, and then tear your car apart.

Anyway, i plan on starting this project today. I'll most likely post a DIY with pics.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eski
Cops are crooked, they make up lies in order to have probable cause so they can pull you over, search your car, etc... They're taught to lie if they have a hunch. If you don't consent, they will always arrest you, bring you in, and then tear your car apart.

Anyway, i plan on starting this project today. I'll most likely post a DIY with pics.
Hell ya man, my friend got searched because the cop said he smelled marijuana when my friend drove by his parked car. My friend tried to take him to court since his dad is a lawyer but there is such a long process do that it isn't even worth it. Cops can get away with almost anything........ Bullshit if you ask me!!

P.S. my friend wasn't doing anything wrong and the cop didn't find anything.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i hide my drugs in the center console under all my cd's. i think you should do the same.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Racer

Whatre you doing with a 50+ toolkit that youre stashing with anyways????
Old 10-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Advanced

I think a good spot where i put things that people like law enforcement dont find it is in the trunk i`ll put whatever im hiding between the carpet and one of the side panels put the carpet tabs back on and press the sub woofer box against it and thats that

P.S. double bagging or tripple bagging helps alot
Old 07-14-2016, 11:19 AM
Advanced

Old Thread, but saw this on FB and thought it was really cool!

I prefer to leave my doors unlocked, but probably shouldn't anymore, if I'm in a sketchy neighborhood because ones will just break the window or pop the door open with a slim jim. Our cars have alarms and I'd hear if someone was messing with my car in the driveway, the motion light would come on and the dog would bark. But if I'm away from my house I'd rather them just open the door, see the only thing of value is a pack of gum, nicki minaj cd and the change in the center pull down tray.

Someone did break in to my car while it was at a shop getting work done and they left all the CD's (bad choice of music I know!) Left the change and some other stuff, but stole my beige floor mats and this custom fiberglass box in the truck that didn't even have subs in it. It fit in the spare tire recess and acted like an oem floor of my trunk but on the sides was wood and you'd pull up a tab on the right side and thats where the capacitor went so it was visible then the left side displayed the amp. It was a very nice box I bought off Craigslist! I have no idea how they would have known it was there unless they knew about it and how many in town have TL's? It looked identical to the stock floor. They took a small box of tools too.

So I'd like a hidden section just like this to put my sunglasses in, floor mats when I get new ones haha and my wallet or ID, whatever!

Did anyone come up with any James Bond esc places?

Trap Find, LLC
https://m.facebook.com/trapfindllc/?..._comment_reply

Last edited by NobleTL; 07-14-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
not because I am a theif, but because I would check every flap every indention every compartment for something easy to take.

every one knows there is a spare tire well in trunk of cars.
very easy to lift false floor to see if anything is in spare wheel well.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:31 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by white2.2cl
I think a good spot where i put things that people like law enforcement dont find it is in the trunk i`ll put whatever im hiding between the carpet and one of the side panels put the carpet tabs back on and press the sub woofer box against it and thats that

P.S. double bagging or tripple bagging helps alot
They generally don't check there doing a brief check, they're looking for quick easy access spots it seems. Unless they had reason to believe your making a bunch of stops! If you get arrested they will check out the inside of your car, this one cop went through all my paperwork, found all my cash from the bank I carried at work serving and took it. They looked in the glove box, my work bag, cup holder and center console. For some reason they didn't check under the cup holder. I was so pissed! If you have cash on you they take it and put it on a relia-card type card. My cash was hidden tucked away and they still took it. Had a failure to appear in court for a probation violation I didn't even know I had. Got a DUI and attended all the classes and completed everything! It had been almost two years since. Then they put out a warrant trying to claim I didn't attend my classes which just required my attendance to be faxed over. But they would rather arrest you to get more money.

That night I could have used a hiding spot for my cash