Brake Lamps, and emergency brake question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 09:21 PM
97 2.2 cl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Lamps, and emergency brake question...

Brake Lamp symbol lit up tonight on my dash, turns out its my left brake light, I don't have a manual, which bulb do i change at the back for the brake light?

Also, the rear brake light on top of the seat is out, just noticed this, i looked in the trunk, and i saw a loose connection hanging there, I wonder if that's it and i never had a brake light there when i purchased the car? lol

Also, when in park on a hill, and e-brake applied, i need to put car in first/reverse so it doesnt slowly roll, i guess the brake cable is loose? also, while im driving if i slightly hit the e-brake, the light will go on, on the dash, i just press it down and it goes off ,but it's annoying, will tightening the cable, tighten the e-brake arm?

Sorry for the long post/ramble....been a long day

Thanks in advance...
Old 11-20-2005, 09:44 AM
97 2.2 cl

Originally Posted by topgear
Brake Lamp symbol lit up tonight on my dash, turns out its my left brake light, I don't have a manual, which bulb do i change at the back for the brake light?

Also, the rear brake light on top of the seat is out, just noticed this, i looked in the trunk, and i saw a loose connection hanging there, I wonder if that's it and i never had a brake light there when i purchased the car? lol

Also, when in park on a hill, and e-brake applied, i need to put car in first/reverse so it doesnt slowly roll, i guess the brake cable is loose? also, while im driving if i slightly hit the e-brake, the light will go on, on the dash, i just press it down and it goes off ,but it's annoying, will tightening the cable, tighten the e-brake arm?

Sorry for the long post/ramble....been a long day

Thanks in advance...
Fixed the brake lights, easy fixer

Now for the emergency brake, how do i tighten it? anyone?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Advanced

you have the same problem as i.. my e brake.. is stuck.. it wont budge.. the cable seized up so.. i just left it lol.. u gotta get new cable.. if thats your problem.. and i put silvania break lit bulbs.. those are so bright.. when i step on the breaks.. the cars behind me light up.. their 20$
Old 11-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Im No Superman

damn $20 for brake lights.. thats nuts i wouldnt want it to light that bright unless i had blacked out tails
Old 11-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by iz slick
you have the same problem as i.. my e brake.. is stuck.. it wont budge.. the cable seized up so.. i just left it lol.. u gotta get new cable.. if thats your problem.. and i put silvania break lit bulbs.. those are so bright.. when i step on the breaks.. the cars behind me light up.. their 20$

sounds like you have two bad rear calipers. better look at them.

but to answer the question theres an adjusting nut under the armrest inside beneath the cd holder. however you dont want to adjust the cable unless youve replaced the rear pads. that will cause you to always have pressure on the rear wheel once you finally replace the pads. also you can adjust the e-brake limit switch which is below the center console too. you just have to remove it up to the e-brake handle and youll see the switch, just loosten the lock nut and screw it upwards, then re-tighten the lock nut.

oh yea wil's cool
Old 11-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Advanced

i had my calipers checked out.. their fine.. i need new break line cable..

$20 for break bulbls are alot thats why i dont buy em.. ;]
you local auto store has them at 5 finger discount. ;]