Attn : CLpower

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 11:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Attn : CLpower

Hey bro...could you do me a favor. I got a valentine 1 today, but I dont know how to install it. Can you tell me first, how the heck do you take that side panel off to access the wires to mount the power. 2nd, which wire did you tap into? I have no idea how to do it..if you can...please take some pics?? I really want to mount it on tonight but I really don't want to screw anything up. Thanks man!!

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 02-01-2001, 11:12 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
okay, the side molding is easy. Just pull the rubber weather striping off at the top of the door and continue taking it off down the door. Don't cut it. Just take it off.

as for how to tap in. My friend did it for me. And it' not here tonight to take pics. Sorry man.

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"

pays to be young and crazy

99 3.0 CL
55 Chevy Suburban (chopped, dropped, tubbed and FLAME RETARDENT!!)

58 Eldorado Biarritz
Old 02-02-2001, 12:03 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,157 Likes on 682 Posts
I directly wired my radar detector and just tapped into the radio fuse i believe, in the fuse box. Its not a Valentine 1 but the power source should be the same. I also noticed that Shawn S posted pics and instructions of how he installed his V1 (Its in a type S but it still might help).
Old 02-02-2001, 12:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Which fuse would that be? Do you know how many is that fuse? I need a 12v wire but I am not sure how to find it. How the heck do you pull that side panel off. CLpower, I didn't even know that I had to pull off the rubber part, what was that part for? Did you hide some of the wires into that part? If you look at shawns instructions, it is the panel that hides that fuse area. Do I just tug really hard? I don't want to break it! Thanks a lot guys!

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 02-02-2001, 01:11 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tw1112:
Which fuse would that be? Do you know how many is that fuse? I need a 12v wire but I am not sure how to find it. How the heck do you pull that side panel off. CLpower, I didn't even know that I had to pull off the rubber part, what was that part for? Did you hide some of the wires into that part? If you look at shawns instructions, it is the panel that hides that fuse area. Do I just tug really hard? I don't want to break it! Thanks a lot guys!

</font>
no, for the fuse box, there is a little knob you have to turn. As for the lining up through the door, do it through the weather striping, it's so easy

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"

pays to be young and crazy

99 3.0 CL
55 Chevy Suburban (chopped, dropped, tubbed and FLAME RETARDENT!!)

58 Eldorado Biarritz