AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL (1997-1999) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/)
-   -   Another F20B swap into 97 Acura CL need some help... (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-1997-1999-56/another-f20b-swap-into-97-acura-cl-need-some-help-968866/)

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 04-11-2018 12:43 PM

Another F20B swap into 97 Acura CL need some help...

So I bought this car from a friend as a little learn it yourself project cause he worked on it for a year and swapped a f20b into it. So far from all the research I see everything is connected to an extent and put together, only problems I'm having seems to be with selecting the right ECU, he used the auto tranny for it from what he said and the wiring harness is a 4 plug obd2a but the wires look a bit different. I put a 96 Honda Accord lx ECU on it and it almost runs good but the pickup is slow when raising rpms and when driving it for a bit the car will low idle rumble and can't apply gas and shut off for a while. Seems like if I'm not flooring it from the get go it floods with that ecu. So I spent some money on a p5m n51 prelude ECU with the immobilizer gone and found out it needs a tcm. Im fairly new to all this swapping and tuning and all but willing to learn as long as this car doesn't run my butt to the ground lol anyone who has done the swap that's A/T could ya give me a hand or so? Also I thought about splicing together some wires in the harness but that b connector for obd2a is impossible to find a pinout for.

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 04-11-2018 01:37 PM

So kinda an update, went our our the prelude ECU and the engine didn't bog out and die, just wasn't shifting properly which is to be expected. Was wondering about getting a chipped ECU and a wireing harness for obd2a to obd1? Someone told me that chipped ecus don't work on automatics?

teh CL 04-11-2018 01:40 PM

Unless you find a stock f20b ecu, your best bet is to convert it to OBD1 & run a P28 ECU.

I have the same swap in my first gen CL & it drove like a bag of shit with the prelude ECU, way too rich. I ended up getting the car street tuned which was key.

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 04-12-2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by teh CL (Post 16216903)
Unless you find a stock f20b ecu, your best bet is to convert it to OBD1 & run a P28 ECU.

I have the same swap in my first gen CL & it drove like a bag of shit with the prelude ECU, way too rich. I ended up getting the car street tuned which was key.

​​​​​So i returned my prelude ECU and plan on buyying the f20b ECU. Do I have to worry about an immobilizer or anything like that? The plugins for abcd all look good to go for the ECU of course since it's a obd2a ecu but I'm hopeing I won't have to do anything extra. It's kinda my last ditch effort before I roll it into the garage till I get a hondata p28 s300 chipped ECU for like 700 smh

97BlackAckCL 04-20-2018 09:05 AM

You shouldn't have to worry about an imobilizer, pretty sure that would only be an odb2b

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 04-23-2018 02:33 PM

So I got the automatic pcb n51 f20b ECU, all plugs go in but it doesn't fire up. It turns over and all just as if the wires are in the wrong place but if I plug in the old ECU it turns on and drives, is the f20b ecu obd2B? I read online that some are saying it has an immo board or so.

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 04-23-2018 06:24 PM

Ok so I swapped all my wires from obd2a to obd2B on separate connector plugs and I noticed I have no errors showing for check engine but I am not able to shift from park and when I unlocked it and put it in neutral, I am able to drive it but it seems like it only shifts between 1 and 4th gear kind of like the prelude. I'm lying to find a connector d pinout for the f20b but I can't find it. I used
http://hondaswap.com/threads/ecu-pinouts.28667/

​​​​​​As a basis to swap the connectors and it runs like butter minus the shifting cause the D connector is not in and I don't know what to swap in the D connector

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 04-24-2018 09:46 PM

By the power of grayskull... I swapped my wires from the 97 Acura cl 2.2 wiring to the connectors from obd2a to obd2B using the thread I posted before then matched up the D connector using the obd2B 98-99 Acura cl pinout and finally used an f20b euro ECU pinout in this thread
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/f20b-pcb-ecu-pinout-help-3073492/
I found some of the connections are quite different like the altc and mcs locations which this link helped me put in the correct area, now I can shift from park, I noticed I need to do the iacv fix for the rev problems after driving and I need to find out which wires go where to fix my shifting. I moved the wires in place and get the D4 light flashing but still not shifting correctly even going from 1-2 it's the same gear and 3-4 feels like 4th gear all together with no changes between both. The guy I bought this from may have did the wireing some type of way and maybe I'm undoing it but I'm happy I can shift now haha but if anyone knows where a jdm f20b PCB n51 pinout is I would be much appreciated and if you can find a table explaining the shifting wires full names versus the sub names we use!

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 04-26-2018 11:35 AM

Ok so I figured out it could be that some cords may be damaged or so because it was shifting fine before, I tripple checked the cords and colors for each one and I even did 2 different engine light checks that told me it's ether an a/t solenoid A or a tcc valve a failure. So I'm guessing one of these cords are damaged when I was swapping since I had to change the end of some of them to fit in the specified slot. I might go back through and try to make the cords better but I'm hopeing it's not the other side of the tcc error :(

Luckay Muh Fluffin Charmz 06-18-2018 01:41 PM

I got good news! So far everything is working well on the ECU end, only thing I need to figure out is the idle rev issue that happens sometimes, and also does anyone know what kind of voltage a vbsol pin gets? It's the power for the shift solenoids and my 97 Acura doesn't have the wire for it but my f20b n51 ECU has a plug for it and I'm sure that's all I need to get the shifting running. My solenoids are fine and working, there getting connection to and from the ECU I just need to figure how many volts my vbsol pin needs so I can send the power to the ECU through a custom wire I built.