97 Acura CL 3.0 no crank no start PLZ HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 11:47 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 Acura CL 3.0 no crank no start PLZ HELP!!

So I have an 97 Acura CL 3.0 the other day I was in a hit and run fender bender. Did absolutely no frame damage to my car what so ever. But it did knock my plate light off. Was held in with rusty screws they snapped on impact I guess? Well I drove my car after it all happened went to the gas staion came home sat in the car had a smoke or two talking on the phone turned the car off went inside and went to sleep.

Next day came out got in the car went to work go out of work was night time started the car all my dash lights wouldn't work plate lights were out to. After looking the wires were busted out of the tail lights then got home shut the car off. Came out a few hours later car would not start no crank from the starter dead silent. Oil light and engine light came one along with a few others. Speedometer lights and radio buttons ac stuff like that still won't work. So I had a battery from 2008 replaced it original starter car has only had 2 previous owners one guy worked for Acura dealer and the other was my neighbor. So I took the starter off had it checked guy said it was locked up 100% so I bought a new one came home installed it went to fire it up..... Still no crank no start I love this car it's my second car and I'm trying to fix it myself.

Plz plz if you can help me out anything will help I can't think of anything else
Old 02-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,583 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Get a new battery...
Old 02-04-2017, 11:53 PM
3rd Gear

I did I just bought a new battery and starter yesterday at 2 pm they are both brand new now
Old 02-05-2017, 12:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,583 Likes on 6,630 Posts
AHh i see.. Your original post was extremely hard to deciper due to the significant lack of punctuation...

Next check all your battery cables for corrosion. Then check the PGM-FI Relay aka main relay under the steering column.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:10 AM
3rd Gear

Sorry it's 1:09 am. I just got off work and walking home. I'll check those tomorrow and leave an update