Parking brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 10:48 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking brake issues

Hi-

I've tried searching for information on adjusting the parking brake on my 1997 CL2.2. However, all my searches seem to turn up information on the 2G CL, or other Acura models, none of which seem to match what my car looks like.

My parking brake does not engage. It was loose when I bought the car, and I tired tightening the nut under the center console. I was able to get it so it feels tight, but the brake still did not engage. Then I found that the passenger side seemed jammed at the wheel. A bit of PB blaster and some persuasion has freed it up, but the brake still does not hold the car, even on a small incline.

Most tutorials I've found show a gear that can be flicked with the end of a flathead inside the brake disc, but I don't see this gear. Also, some diagrams show a set of pads internal to the disc brake, but I don't see this either.

So, how is the parking brake adjusted at the rear wheels? It looks like my cables are ok, but I haven't ruled out the possibility that they're stretched to the point of not working.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:33 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me ask another way. How can I adjust the parking brake at the wheel on a 97 CL?