When do you think the next gen TL (TLX) will be released?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Strippers4Me
Detroit Auto Show...

Already have my VIP passes and ready to go, new TLX and new Honda Fit

I'm ready to see what they have to offer, TLX better have a coupe version in the works

Sweet. Being from Detroit -- stay near Cobo Hall and don't go wandering down the East Side at night.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Might find something he likes if he does ?
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
I agree, but the big difference I have found between here and the main Audi forum I participate in is that here people are more grounded in reality and on the Audi forum they are fan-boys that drank the kool-aid and not open to much criticism to their brand.
Which Audi forum(s) do you go to ?
Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
From looking at the spyshots from way back, it looked like the grille will kind of look like the RLX grille. I'm curious to see what the backside looks like. The taillights looked Buickish under all the disguise.

As for the Mercedes. I can't stand their bolt-on NAV units and the rear ends are hideous. I saw the pics of the new C-Class, and once again, they seem to have run out of money when they got to the back end. The last E-Class was an awesome design - one of my favorites.

Come on Acura, make this thing run and look decent and then put it on sale in April instead of June. \
Old 12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Which Audi forum(s) do you go to ?
Audizine and Audi World. Mostly Audi World as Audizine is more S6 than A6 owners and it being a combined forum my lowly A6 has little to contribute.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:29 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

AudiWorld is an excellent Audi forum. I was always on it when I still had my (B6)A4 and my (C6)A6.

However, in the C6A6 sub-forum, there were a lot of problem & fix threads (even at the C6A6's 1st few years of debut) rather than performance modification threads.

But generally, very helpful in obtaining factory bulletin information and to troubleshoot bugs and gremlins in the factory system.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:18 PM
shenanigans

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, I am excited about the TLX being released but it probably is gonna look just like the RLX.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I highlighted some words in the press release that I think are key to reading between the lines.

Tidier proportions means smaller on the outside which we all expected since it is based on the new Accord platform. Designed to span the current customer base from the TSX thru the TL.

"This all-new Acura TLX is the perfect blend of style and muscle with its elegant, well-proportioned exterior that cloaks the true sport sedan chassis and powertrain beneath," said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president, American Honda Motor, Co., Inc. "The sporty characteristics that customers found appealing in the TSX are even more pronounced in this aggressive new TLX."

Cloaks the true sports sedan chassis... that customers found appealing in the TSX.... note they did not say "TL" so the 4G styling of the TL is going to be played down in favor of something... well more boring... but less controversial. Ala the RLX. Hope it is still interesting.

The all-new Acura TLX will offer luxury buyers a wider range of choices with two all-new, high-performance and highly fuel-efficient direct-injected engines, each mated to an all-new advanced transmission, along with available two-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations. The TLX will also feature dynamic and emotional exterior styling wrapped around a mid-size luxury sports-sedan package that maintains the roomy cabin space of the current TL.
Acura did not mentioned that is based on Accord platform. only thing mentioned is it will be more aggressive and sporty than TSX. USDM Accord is joke. It has long turning radius on skinny 215 tires. I am not sure Accord platform is suitable for SH-AWD.

TLX will need atleast 245/18 tire size with larger anti-roll bars to be more aggressive than TSX. I think PAWS may help it in shorter turning radius if wheel base is shorter than RLX. Car is coming in second half of 2014. so a lot of time in changes and delays.

Last edited by SSFTSX; 12-20-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
^^^^^

AudiWorld is an excellent Audi forum. I was always on it when I still had my (B6)A4 and my (C6)A6.

However, in the C6A6 sub-forum, there were a lot of problem & fix threads (even at the C6A6's 1st few years of debut) rather than performance modification threads.

But generally, very helpful in obtaining factory bulletin information and to troubleshoot bugs and gremlins in the factory system.
Agreed, the C7 A6 seems to be way better in having less issues, still more that I am used to reading about on Acuras, but my 14 is year 3 of the cycle so it seems most of the issues have been addressed. The folks there are great, just a few hard hammered enforcers that really put the smack down on slightest descent from the ranks, I would insert typical German puns here, but being German I get it.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Acura did not mentioned that is based on Accord platform. only thing mentioned is it will be more aggressive and sporty than TSX. USDM Accord is joke. It has long turning radius on skinny 215 tires. I am not sure Accord platform is suitable for SH-AWD.s.
They will not say it, just fuels the bad rap on it is just a gussied up Accord. It will and has been based on US Accord for virtually every. And again, sportier compared to what? A RLX? That could mean anything, look at the pics of the RLX SH-AWD, is that sportier than regular RLX. As much as I loved my Type-S it was just a tad sportier than the base TL. So if I were betting I would not expect much.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:59 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
I think the front subframe of the 4th gen TL is all aluminum. According (lol) to this http://world.honda.com/news/2012/412...teel-Aluminum/ the front subframe of the Accord is half aluminum and half steel. I wonder if the 5th gen TL (aka TLX) will also get that half and half...? If the TLX and the Accord share the same platform then they should have the same subframe design.

Last edited by Tonyware; 12-21-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
We own a '13 Accord. This platform will make a solid starting point for the new TLX.
The following 2 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
a35tl (12-21-2013), Rocketsfan (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
They will not say it, just fuels the bad rap on it is just a gussied up Accord. It will and has been based on US Accord for virtually every. And again, sportier compared to what? A RLX? That could mean anything, look at the pics of the RLX SH-AWD, is that sportier than regular RLX. As much as I loved my Type-S it was just a tad sportier than the base TL. So if I were betting I would not expect much.
That is exact quote. there is Type S Euro Accord in Europe that has more aggressive suspension setup than our TSX and have defeated a torque vectoring Volvo in Germanic tests.
This all-new Acura TLX is the perfect blend of style and muscle with its elegant, well-proportioned exterior that cloaks the true sport sedan chassis and powertrain beneath," said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president, American Honda Motor, Co., Inc. "The sporty characteristics that customers found appealing in the TSX are even more pronounced in this aggressive new TLX

The say sportier and more aggressive styling than TSX. They did not mentioned any RLX or Accord. Most of time TL was associated with Accord but that only true if both of them are launched with in one year of each other. so there are some savings. Now they are 2 years apart. so that savings is simply not there.

Now this Accord Coupe that can pull 0.86g but it is on shrunken Accord platform. TLX will need to beat that figure if it has to be more sportier than TSX on all season tire setup.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ic-test-review
Old 12-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Glashub
I would argue that your TL is more "exclusive" due to its scarcity. I don't care how prestigious a brand is supposed to be SeismicGuy if so many people have one and easy lease leases make it possible for anyone to lease one -- well, it loses it's some of its prestige to me.
Well everything is relative. It would be prestige to have a 3 Series BMW in some small town in the midwest but no so much in LA. Also, would a Yugo be more exclusive than the other vehicles mentioned since they are so scarce?

Basically "prestige" depends on where you are on what it is. It could be a measure of prestige for my cousin who lives in New Zealand that he is basically living off the grid and off the land and does things on his own in a modest property off the beaten track. For another person it would be prestigious that they have a mansion in the Hollywood Hills. When it comes to cars in Los Angeles--an Acura these days is not prestige, regardless of scarcity.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
lol Oh you had to go there to rebut me, huh? You had to drag the Yugo into the discussion. I have to admit -- you win.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Glashub
lol Oh you had to go there to rebut me, huh? You had to drag the Yugo into the discussion. I have to admit -- you win.
Just screwing around with you--fun conversation.