What colors and interior trims should we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
What colors and interior trims should we expect?

In terms of trims... black wood? Carbon Fiber? Brown wood?

In terms of seating.... black / beige / grey only? Would love a red leather but doubt that'll ever happen

in terms of exterior colors the red is simply awesome. I think most agree. But would love to see electric blue to follow the tsx and old TL type S tradition... snow white pearl... charcoal grey...

Anything you're specifically hoping for?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Just hope they continue to offer White/Ebony combination. Red leather interior would be nice.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I am with you on the white/black combo.....
Old 02-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
That "athlete red" of the prototype is so gorgeous that it really needs to make it to the production model!!!

I am not holding my breath though, because that lovely light silvery blue colour of the MDX prototype never made it to the production model.... it was a totally beautiful colour but somehow it was just for the prototype. WHY!?

In terms of the interior colours, I really would love to see some brown colours. Umber was gorgeous while it lasted. I had no idea why they stopped using it for the RLX or the new MDX. So I am not holding my breath for the TLX either, but it would be absolutely amazing if they would offer a brown interior colour.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
That "athlete red" of the prototype is so gorgeous that it really needs to make it to the production model!!!

I am not holding my breath though, because that lovely light silvery blue colour of the MDX prototype never made it to the production model.... it was a totally beautiful colour but somehow it was just for the prototype. WHY!?

In terms of the interior colours, I really would love to see some brown colours. Umber was gorgeous while it lasted. I had no idea why they stopped using it for the RLX or the new MDX. So I am not holding my breath for the TLX either, but it would be absolutely amazing if they would offer a brown interior colour.
They tried Umber and it did not do well. I agree about the Red. I also think they need to get a Type-S out day one. All the competitors have a sport variant at the beginning, they do not wait for MMC. Lexus was taken off guard with the IS F-Sport such that they can't keep them on the lot.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:01 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
The color combos can be derived from the current lineup as to what might be offered in the TLX.
Exterior:
Black
White
Gray
Red
Silver
Some variant of blue, hopefully a darker one... the light colored ones didn't seem to sell well
Beige will never make a comeback to any of the line up

Interior:
Ebony
Parchment
Taupe
The lighter colors getting some sort of faux wood look, black could get a dark wood trim or faux CF

Trims: this is the easiest to predict

4cyl base with paws
4cyl base with paws, tech
6cyl base with paws
6cyl base with paws, tech
6cyl base with paws, advance
6cyl shawd with tech
6cyl shawd with advance
Old 02-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
^^ I am with you on the white/black combo.....
I'll third this request. I really wish Acura would offer the White exterior with black interior on the MDX too.

I'd also prefer Acura go with the modern/sleek look using more grays/blues than the traditional look of browns and wood grains.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
They tried Umber and it did not do well. I agree about the Red. I also think they need to get a Type-S out day one. All the competitors have a sport variant at the beginning, they do not wait for MMC. Lexus was taken off guard with the IS F-Sport such that they can't keep them on the lot.
Keith, I understand that umber did not sell very well. However, the point is that if Acura were truly serious about being a luxury brand, it should be available, as MB, BMW, Audi all have a brown leather option - in fact, BMW has TWO brown leather options in some models! Surely, these luxury car makers don't sell a ton of vehicles with these interior colours either, but it's about having the option as a luxury brand, as opposed to just going with the most popular colours.

So, at the end of the day, it's about how serious Acura is about being a luxury brand.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:21 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
Acura should definitely bring the Type-S out on day one. And can you blame the people who're buying the IS-F? A V8 in a smaller sedan that's RWD.
The following users liked this post:
VR1 (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
Acura should offer more considering how much the vehicles are. They're starting to lose touch
Old 02-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ostrich
Keith, I understand that umber did not sell very well. However, the point is that if Acura were truly serious about being a luxury brand, it should be available, as MB, BMW, Audi all have a brown leather option - in fact, BMW has TWO brown leather options in some models! Surely, these luxury car makers don't sell a ton of vehicles with these interior colours either, but it's about having the option as a luxury brand, as opposed to just going with the most popular colours.

So, at the end of the day, it's about how serious Acura is about being a luxury brand.
Well there you go, thinking Acura is serious about the luxury segment.;-)

I agree they need to get serious, but they have not shown any intention of getting serious. They have shown they want to be the place where Honda buyers mover up to.
The following users liked this post:
Stevestr (02-19-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by insanik
Acura should offer more considering how much the vehicles are. They're starting to lose touch
Starting? I would say they are well past starting and firmly have lost touch. The TLX styling at least show they may be starting to realize this, but then we will have to see.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
Hope they have a red interior. Selling well for the IS.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Acura should definitely bring the Type-S out on day one. And can you blame the people who're buying the IS-F? A V8 in a smaller sedan that's RWD.
The IS-F is a different beast. The F-Sport is an option package much like BMW's Sport Line or Sport Package. It has a sport suspension and some other stuff, but I don't think it has a power upgrade. The GS is available with an F-Sport package too, which apparently makes it a legitimate sport sedan. I'll test one eventually.

I'm all for Type-S variants, but with Acura's excellent suspension tuning of late and the various driving modes on the TLX, a Type-S might not be necessary. I could see some dealer installed accessories moving into that space, like a less restrictive exhaust, ground effects, and maybe suspension bits. Of course, I want to see a VTEC Turbo/6MT version ASAP, and they can call it whatever they want! "Type-S" would be fine.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
The Mayan Bronze/umber combination made me fall in love with the 4G TL. I didn't care for the new TL at that point, until I saw this beauty at the Cleveland auto show.

My guess is that dealers didn't order a lot of umber cars hence the low sell rates. Likewise you won't find many MB's on a lot other than black, white, and silver.

I am praying for continued interior offering of umber or at least some other darker brown color. Red would be great too.

AND PLEASE BLACK CARPETS REGARDLESS OF SEATING COLOR!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
^ red with black carpets would be a great combo!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Isn't the umber interior only available on SH-AWD models?
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
The IS-F is a different beast. The F-Sport is an option package much like BMW's Sport Line or Sport Package. It has a sport suspension and some other stuff, but I don't think it has a power upgrade. The GS is available with an F-Sport package too, which apparently makes it a legitimate sport sedan. I'll test one eventually.

I'm all for Type-S variants, but with Acura's excellent suspension tuning of late and the various driving modes on the TLX, a Type-S might not be necessary. I could see some dealer installed accessories moving into that space, like a less restrictive exhaust, ground effects, and maybe suspension bits. Of course, I want to see a VTEC Turbo/6MT version ASAP, and they can call it whatever they want! "Type-S" would be fine.
A Type-S does not have to be that different, maybe some nicer rotors/pads, some fascia (Prototype!! and some exhaust tips) and interior cosmetics. My Infiniti M37S had different, wheels, tires, brakes and fascia, double piston shocks, metal pedals, more supportive seats and not much else. Not a bad option for Acura to do same with Type-S.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I also agree that they should offer red/brown/umber leather. I love the umber but by the time I bought my TL (2013), I could only get it with black exterior and AWD (I wanted a white FWD).

White on black should also be available.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
I just hope they have some intense colors. Red or brown would be fine. Parchement and taupe gross blandness. Black is okay, but it is the default interior color. Boring.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:04 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Received 443 Likes on 290 Posts
Black interior with red interior stitching.. I doubt they will do a red interior.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by VR1
Black interior with red interior stitching.. I doubt they will do a red interior.
Agreed here. Something like Special Edition TSX maybe?
Old 02-18-2014, 07:42 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
I hope they offer a chestnut brown interior color similar to MB.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
maybe different shades of green which is becoming a popular car color again.