Vibration issue Acura TLX SH-AWD 2015-16-17-18 - Page 3 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Vibration issue Acura TLX SH-AWD 2015-16-17-18

Old 04-26-2018, 07:21 AM
  #81  
Registered Member
 
TSXV6Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario (Canada)
Age: 53
Posts: 570
Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts
The passenger seat belt buckle on the TLX appears indeed attached to the subframe and is long, I think it's basically resonating (vibrations amplify) when being subjected to normal driving vibrations. Not much can be done for the seatbelt buckle, other than adding some weight on the stem to change its natural frequency.
TSXV6Guy is offline  
Old 04-26-2018, 10:06 AM
  #82  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Montreal
Age: 56
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by seadooman View Post
Hi all -

Interesting (and depressing) thread. I have a 2016 TLX Elite SH-AWD. Goodyear Eagle LS tires. Located in Ottawa Canada. Dealer is Camco Acura. Had and continue to have the same vibration issue. Originally between 115 km/h to 125 km/h. At 130 km/h, it drives like a dream. In summer 2017, I brought it into the dealer and they performed the TSB work. Got it back. Vibration was reduced to milder and a smaller range - say 118 km/h to 123 km/h. I find it varies depending on the road surface conditions. Over the winter, with Michelin xIce 3 tires the vibration is much less noticeable - nearly gone. Again, it depended on the road conditions. Not sure what to do at this point but I feel the pain, more so when you think how much you've shelled out for this car. "Normal behaviour" is an unacceptable answer. More frustrating as its not all TLXs. Furthermore I had a 2013 RDX and recently swapped it for a 2018 RDX because I love that SUV.

Have an appointment with Acura tomorrow for something else. Will bring this up but not expecting any great news. Too bad because otherwise I really love the car and the brand.

Would hate to have to go to court for this but perhaps that's the only answer now.
Hi Seadooman,

So sad to hear the same story has so many of us. The problem here is that Acura does not know what is the problem and because so little of us decided to sue them, they do not care. The problem is not at all related to tires, the proof of that is that they are now working on changing rear bushings, motor mount ... etc. The tire chage is only to camouflage the problem with softer tire coumpound. They had change my Pirelli P-Zero tires telling me that they were the issue and put Michelin ones instead. The issue is still there. Yes , I agree that the vibration is less noticable than before since they had apply the TBS 16-057 and balance the wheels using road force balancing, but vibration is still there. In my 40 years as a car owner, 35 of these years with Honda (8 Accords, 6 Civics and one Crosstour) I nerver ,ever heard of one person that have to use road force balancing. Just do a quick check around you and try to find a tire shop that use Road Force Balancing, they are really rare and normally only been use on exotic cars.As far as I know, a TLX is not that kind of a car.

The only way we can make them move is to file court case (small court does not cost more than $200.00 depending of the amount your pursuing for). For now, we only use the car to minimum till a judge decide who's wrong is this story, us, the customers or Acura/Honda that does not give a shit about us.

So far, I only know one other guy from Toronto that brought them to court and he was awarded a $3500.00 compensation. The amount seems low , but in his case, it was a lease and Acura took the car back. In my case , I am pursuing them for $15000.00. as they refuse to take back the car and referred me to my dealer that evaluate my car at $39000.00, a $12,000.00 lost in 10 months and 4500 KM (in wich 1500 Km of them doing test for them). In Québec , the court case can take up to 18 months to be heard, it is a lot quicker in Ontario. So because there is so little cases against them, going to court cost a lot less to them then trying to fix the problem.


Thanks, Mickey
Tardym is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tardym For This Useful Post:
seadooman (05-08-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 11:24 AM
  #83  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 205
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
So I guess I have to take back my statement I said in the past that my car didn’t vibrate. I assumed people were talking about the steering wheel or something from the drivers position but now I do notice intermittently especially in the mornings the passenger seat looks like a motorized vibrating chair and the seat belt too. I guess I never paid much attention so if this the issue everyone is talking about then yea my car does it too.
ultrapogi is offline  
Old 04-28-2018, 11:20 AM
  #84  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 840
Thanked 144 Times in 106 Posts
Originally Posted by ultrapogi View Post
So I guess I have to take back my statement I said in the past that my car didn’t vibrate. I assumed people were talking about the steering wheel or something from the drivers position but now I do notice intermittently especially in the mornings the passenger seat looks like a motorized vibrating chair and the seat belt too. I guess I never paid much attention so if this the issue everyone is talking about then yea my car does it too.
worst part is now that you know its there, you will be looking for it all the time and it will piss you off
mondster is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 10:44 AM
  #85  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 23
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
update

Originally Posted by Tardym View Post
Good day everyone

As most of you might have notice in some threads, I am suing Acura for the unresolved vibration problem. After opening a court case, they decided to challenge my lawsuit and go to court.
I must therefore accumulate as much details as possible on this problem and the steps taken by the owners to solve the problem with Acura.

I need to know what Acura told you about this issue. Steps to resolve and also the outcoming. Like in my case they did apply all TBS’s and the problem still exist. Yes, the vibration is less than before, but still there and it should not, especially for a $50K (Canadian $) car. The last answer from Acura , was the car behave as is should and never mentioned that the car should not vibrate.

The more I will get from all of you, the greater are the chance of getting a winning case. And if successful, you will all have something to fight for.

Thank everyone for your support.

I was wondering how the case went. because I have chanllnged Acura canada and they have sent many letters to my house starting not to contact them and they have blocked me on social media. 3 engineers have driven my car and the vibration still exist. I just want to know what they did for your car because I have challenged them plenty of times and they don't want to fix my car. I'm located in Ontario.
avi120 is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 09:48 AM
  #86  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Montreal
Age: 56
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by avi120 View Post
I was wondering how the case went. because I have chanllnged Acura canada and they have sent many letters to my house starting not to contact them and they have blocked me on social media. 3 engineers have driven my car and the vibration still exist. I just want to know what they did for your car because I have challenged them plenty of times and they don't want to fix my car. I'm located in Ontario.
Hi Avi120,

Still in process,cumulating proof that I am not the only one with this issue. I had ask before, for people that are having the same problem to send me any information, copy of communication with Acura, Dealer info that they received in writing. So far only 2 guys sent me their info and I have deposit them in court. In Quebec it can take up to 18 months for a date court, but I am still hoping for this will not take that long. If you have any writing info from Acura/Honda or dealer, please forward them to me so I can deposit them as proof in court.

Thanks, Mickey
Tardym is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:30 AM
  #87  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 23
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yes I have plenty of documents and from corporate as well
avi120 is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:45 AM
  #88  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Montreal
Age: 56
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by avi120 View Post
yes I have plenty of documents and from corporate as well
Hi Avi120,

Will you be able to scan them and sent them to me? My email is : [email protected]

Thanks, Mickey
Tardym is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 12:05 PM
  #89  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 23
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
will do for sure
avi120 is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 01:00 PM
  #90  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Montreal
Age: 56
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by avi120 View Post
will do for sure
Thanks, Mickey
Tardym is offline  
Old 05-06-2018, 08:03 PM
  #91  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 42
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Road force Balancing

Sorry !!! I am not trying to start crap . Just read the post that said that this is only for high-end vehicles . I work on cars for a living and almost every single shop around me has that balancer . Originally they were designed for tire manufacturers . That’s why you have those lines painted on your brand new tires . Besides that I’ve been reading some of these posts . I have a 16 TLX 2.4 and have absolutely no vibration . I even have rubber band tires on 20 inch wheels that drive like a train car . Definitely going to do some investigation . I do know the eight speed dual clutch shifts Wired .
jimbob357 is offline  
Old 05-07-2018, 06:38 AM
  #92  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 23
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it's a sh awd problem the 2.4 don't have this issue
avi120 is offline  
Old 05-08-2018, 09:15 PM
  #93  
Registered Member
 
seadooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update on my TLX experience

Originally Posted by Tardym View Post
Hi Seadooman,

So sad to hear the same story has so many of us. The problem here is that Acura does not know what is the problem and because so little of us decided to sue them, they do not care. The problem is not at all related to tires, the proof of that is that they are now working on changing rear bushings, motor mount ... etc. The tire chage is only to camouflage the problem with softer tire coumpound. They had change my Pirelli P-Zero tires telling me that they were the issue and put Michelin ones instead. The issue is still there. Yes , I agree that the vibration is less noticable than before since they had apply the TBS 16-057 and balance the wheels using road force balancing, but vibration is still there. In my 40 years as a car owner, 35 of these years with Honda (8 Accords, 6 Civics and one Crosstour) I nerver ,ever heard of one person that have to use road force balancing. Just do a quick check around you and try to find a tire shop that use Road Force Balancing, they are really rare and normally only been use on exotic cars.As far as I know, a TLX is not that kind of a car.

The only way we can make them move is to file court case (small court does not cost more than $200.00 depending of the amount your pursuing for). For now, we only use the car to minimum till a judge decide who's wrong is this story, us, the customers or Acura/Honda that does not give a shit about us.

So far, I only know one other guy from Toronto that brought them to court and he was awarded a $3500.00 compensation. The amount seems low , but in his case, it was a lease and Acura took the car back. In my case , I am pursuing them for $15000.00. as they refuse to take back the car and referred me to my dealer that evaluate my car at $39000.00, a $12,000.00 lost in 10 months and 4500 KM (in wich 1500 Km of them doing test for them). In Québec , the court case can take up to 18 months to be heard, it is a lot quicker in Ontario. So because there is so little cases against them, going to court cost a lot less to them then trying to fix the problem.


Thanks, Mickey
Hi there -

Thanks - I do appreciate that new tires with a different softer compound can only mask the underlying issue. Case in point that I had Michelin x-ice winter tires on and the vibration was barely perceptible. But back on all-season Good Years for the summer and the vibration is back. Brought car back to Camco Acura and they acknowledge the issue - that's its not all TLX so its a bit luck of the draw. They did a 4 wheel rebalance and road force test, replacing one tire that was out of spec. They did this at no charge so I thank them for that. No real change though - vibration is still there. The dealer service manager was courteous and understanding but their hands are basically tied. They tell me the A-Spec does not have that issue and its perhaps because it has a beefier rear stabilizer bar. I spoke to Acura Canada today. They listened, spoke to the dealer and came back to me stating there was nothing they could do, that its not a problem but rather it is "the characteristic of the vehicle". Really??? - I could hardly contain myself. Of course, I expect a vibration at highway cruising speed to be just normal! Clearly they have been coached on what to say. So my next step is CAMVAP and Courts. Its too bad because otherwise I still really like the car.
seadooman is offline  
Old 05-08-2018, 09:15 PM
  #94  
Registered Member
 
seadooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avi120 View Post
it's a sh awd problem the 2.4 don't have this issue
I was advised by dealer that even some 2.4s have the same issue.
seadooman is offline  
Old 05-08-2018, 09:20 PM
  #95  
Registered Member
 
seadooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tardym View Post
Hi Avi120,

Still in process,cumulating proof that I am not the only one with this issue. I had ask before, for people that are having the same problem to send me any information, copy of communication with Acura, Dealer info that they received in writing. So far only 2 guys sent me their info and I have deposit them in court. In Quebec it can take up to 18 months for a date court, but I am still hoping for this will not take that long. If you have any writing info from Acura/Honda or dealer, please forward them to me so I can deposit them as proof in court.

Thanks, Mickey
What do you need? I don't have a written statement from Acura Canada or the dealer. What I do have are the work orders for the TSB work and the recent rebalance and force road balance.
seadooman is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 08:38 PM
  #96  
Registered Member
 
reddogTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Posts: 267
Thanked 48 Times in 32 Posts
I found this thread to be really interesting considering that I bought my TLX SH-AWD brand new 10/26/15 and have had zero issues with it. Just recently (Here's my separate thread on this) I hit a nasty pothole that blew my two driver side tires and damaged the rims. Both RIMs were replaced and I had them put on Continental DWS 06 tires.
I've been in and out of the dealer since this has happened with a weird vibration issue. I feel on the highway(smoother surfaces with no expansion joints of bumps) over 45mph and felt it in turns doing 35+ mph. They have replaced the front driver side wheel bearing already but I still feel it. I saw the video that was posted with the seat belt buckle vibrating like crazy and it isn't that bad, its more subtle like it feels like a rim is bent or something is out of balance. But they did all the balancing & wheel alignment and promised me that isnt the issue. They're saying its the more agressive tread pattern on the new DWS 06 tires. It doesnt feel like a tread issue though.
reddogTL is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 12:04 PM
  #97  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 34
Posts: 290
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by seadooman View Post
I was advised by dealer that even some 2.4s have the same issue.
Mine 2.4 does vibrate above 75 mph. Dealer wont do anything about it because their tech will not drive past 70 mph. I test drove with them and they said they couldn't feel it. Mine isn't as bad as the v6 cars but it is there and Acura are avoiding this.
noclue02 is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 08:02 PM
  #98  
Registered Member
 
Philisophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 58
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Lemon Law Experiences

I will try to help. With the Lemon Law in My personal experience.


First let me add I drive mega miles and try to purchase two vehicles every two years and rotate the miles. (Was looking at a 2019 Aspec) .


I never lease and never will..

I have had too many friends that leased and experienced accident /warranty concerns and the response is always


"You don't own the car. Your lease company Owns it"


Good friend ... Honda Coup. accident


TWO Different Red Colors. Upon its return (could not get the colors to match.)


Dealer said the Lease Company was fine with it. And that was the end of the conversation)


Now. Lemon Laws.

I’m not familiar with Canadian Legality on automobile warranty. However I have sued three different manufacturers and won each case. Period.


In the state where I live. The dealer has to be given the option to repair the vehicle three times. If after three attempts. And the problem is not fixed...……………………….


That's it .. No if ands or buts...


I retain a Lemon Law Attorney.


There are attorney's that specialize in Auto Lemon law. And The manufacturer will have to pay all costs/legal/court/deposition fees.

The dealers and manufacturers know these Attorneys and fully understand they will lose ..if these Attorney's take the case...

First ...foremost. I have not filed any legal action unless /until the Attorney informs me ..I have a bulletproof case.

The attorney will not take the case unless he is certain of winning.. As he does not want to incur time/fees lost.

Nor damage his reputation.

I have set through three depositions. And this Attorney chewed the Dealership/Manufacturer’s as well as their council like used leather. In fact, on safety related issues the costs to the dealer and manufacturers can get very expensive very quickly.

Did I want to go through with legal action .. of course, not . But the safety concerns on two vehicles and Subsequent value issues were valid.

The dealers attitude was indifferent…however the manufacturers attitude changed once legal action was initiated.

Small claims is of no value other than small claims

My opinion. your small claims action will yield nothing but frustration ..I doubt you will see Anything close to the numerics you are asking for.

And Honda’s Legal Resources will eat this for lunch

At a minimum ..seek out an Attorney for correct advice. Most will not charge you for initial interview

Last edited by Philisophe; 05-21-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Philisophe is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 08:39 PM
  #99  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,158
Thanked 1,202 Times in 724 Posts
Originally Posted by Philisophe View Post
I will try to help. With the Lemon Law in My personal experience.


First let me add I drive mega miles and try to purchase two vehicles every two years and rotate the miles. (Was looking at a 2019 Aspec) .


I never lease and never will..

I have had too many friends that leased and experienced accident /warranty concerns and the response is always


"You don't own the car. Your lease company Owns it"


Good friend ... Honda Coup. accident


TWO Different Red Colors. Upon its return (could not get the colors to match.)


Dealer said the Lease Company was fine with it. And that was the end of the conversation)


Now. Lemon Laws.

I’m not familiar with Canadian Legality on automobile warranty. However I have sued three different manufacturers and won each case. Period.


In the state where I live. The dealer has to be given the option to repair the vehicle three times. If after three attempts. And the problem is not fixed...……………………….


That's it .. No if ands or buts...


I retain a Lemon Law Attorney.


There are attorney's that specialize in Auto Lemon law. And The manufacturer will have to pay all costs/legal/court/deposition fees.

The dealers and manufacturers know these Attorneys and fully understand they will lose ..if these Attorney's take the case...

First ...foremost. I have not filed any legal action unless /until the Attorney informs me ..I have a bulletproof case.

The attorney will not take the case unless he is certain of winning.. As he does not want to incur time/fees lost.

Nor damage his reputation.

I have set through three depositions. And this Attorney chewed the Dealership/Manufacturer’s as well as their council like used leather. In fact, on safety related issues the costs to the dealer and manufacturers can get very expensive very quickly.

Did I want to go through with legal action .. of course, not . But the safety concerns on two vehicles and Subsequent value issues were valid.

The dealers attitude was indifferent…however the manufacturers attitude changed once legal action was initiated.

Small claims is of no value other than small claims

My opinion. your small claims action will yield nothing but frustration ..I doubt you will see Anything close to the numerics you are asking for.

And Honda’s Legal Resources will eat this for lunch

At a minimum ..seek out an Attorney for correct advice. Most will not charge you for initial interview
You & your friends seem to have horrifically bad luck with cars
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 08:51 PM
  #100  
Registered Member
 
Philisophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 58
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
You & your friends seem to have horrifically bad luck with cars
Not really.

However I would not tolerate incompetence on $ 70,000
Dollar Mercedes

E Tu
Philisophe is offline  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 AM
  #101  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: So California
Posts: 433
Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by seadooman View Post
I was advised by dealer that even some 2.4s have the same issue.
First I've heard of this. Zero vibration issues with my 2.4.
wlkeel is offline  
Old 05-24-2018, 03:42 PM
  #102  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,158
Thanked 1,202 Times in 724 Posts
Originally Posted by Philisophe View Post

Not really.

However I would not tolerate incompetence on $ 70,000
Dollar Mercedes

E Tu
OK if you say so, but 3 Lemons.........?
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
Old 05-24-2018, 09:31 PM
  #103  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 300
Thanked 74 Times in 42 Posts
It's strange the dealer can't fix this. I have an 18 sh-awd and there is no vibration at any speed. It's clearly a defect on some cars and not normal since many don't have the issue. I am due for a tire rotation so maybe I will get it as well. Regardless, no matter what the dealer says it is not normal. There are a lot of components in the AWD that could cause it but since not everyone has the issue it has to be correctable. It takes effort and it sounds like Acura is not putting the effort in to fix it for those affected.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 10:28 PM
  #104  
Registered Member
 
akaczr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPA
Posts: 26
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have a Sep 2015 build V6 FWD and noticed this 70-80mph vibration early on. Sport mode helps some. I complained and the dealer blew me off saying they can't test drive (and concurrently replicate) at that speed. The suspension TSB for this specific issue came out and I showed it to them and they went the test drive and was able to replicate the issue and applied the fix The vibration came back shortly after and since it's not my primary car I decided not to waste any more time and effort and to just live with it until lease end and will be turning it in on a car I was considering buying out at lease end in the Fall. It is a great car but for this problem. Surprisingly, I see many 2015+ low mileage TLXs now and even less expensive than my residual. Considering test driving some and possibly buying one if they don't have this issue but it may be too risky.
akaczr is offline  
Old 06-02-2018, 01:07 AM
  #105  
Registered Member
 
pyrodan007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 595
Thanked 171 Times in 122 Posts
My 15 V6 AWD had the vibration issue too, but I didn't really pay attention to it since transmission was annoying me more. The passenger seat belt did vibrate quite a bit at highway speeds, it stopped by jamming belt down into side of leather seat. Didn't feel it as much after, but if the seatbelts in the back were not flush (flat on leather), noise would transfer to the back. Extremely annoying when happening, and was not due to tires since I got Michelin Pilots from day one.
pyrodan007 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to pyrodan007 For This Useful Post:
nothome17 (06-11-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 09:02 PM
  #106  
ElectroMechanicalEngineer
iTrader: (1)
 
djtsmith007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 299
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
2018 V6 SH-AWD with tech here having the same problem. Less than 10k miles
djtsmith007 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to djtsmith007 For This Useful Post:
nothome17 (06-11-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 11:00 PM
  #107  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Acura wont backup their cars

Acura is despicable especially Nalley Acura in Georgia. I bought a 2015 TLX SH AWD that had the vibration issue. Acura bought it back and put me in a 2017. The new car has the same issue. The regional Acura rep told me the 2017 is defective but they wont do anything about it. They certainly aren’t Audi who took care of their issue 2 years ago. Will never buy another Acura especially from Nalley Acura. all they care about is a sale and not the customer. If there is a class action lawsuit I am happy to join against both Acura and Nalley.
Keith Wiethe is offline  
Old 07-07-2018, 06:30 AM
  #108  
Registered Member
 
KeithL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 57
Posts: 4,953
Thanked 629 Times in 366 Posts
Funny I have not dealt with Nalley Acura much, but have had good experience, Ed Voyles Acura on the other hand has great sales, and the worst service. Used them 3 times over last few years and total losers. My 15 TLX I brought in for service and they gave it back to me I review paperwork and alignment is out, why did they not tell me and ask me if I wanted it done? Had to go back to get it done. Wife’s RDX they broke taillight somehow and then my 19 they call me to tell me my spare is in I go and wait and hour and finally ask for an ETA and they tell me the tire is not in or available. What losers.
KeithL is offline  
Old 07-07-2018, 01:03 PM
  #109  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 50
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bought an 18 TLX v6 Tech in April of this year. My daughter actually noticed the passenger seat vibration while sitting in the back seat behind it. I took it into the dealer and they test drove and said the wheels were out of balance and supposedly corrected it. I haven't been able to confirm it's resolved yet, but will comment once I drive on the highway next week.
azsl1326 is offline  
Old 07-08-2018, 04:38 PM
  #110  
Registered Member
 
rgpolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 79
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Had B1 service done week before last on my 2016 SH-AWD and vibration is now pretty bad. I've had some vibration since I bought it, and even stuck a rubber vibration damper on the passenger seat belt receptacle to keep it from flapping around. But now it is unacceptable between about 73-78 mph. Call in to the dealer to have a road force balance done and get them to do the B16-057 TSB. I'm sure it won't solve the problem, but it seems Acura should be willing to do all possible to at least minimize situation.

Pretty sure I'll get the "it's not that bad, and nothing more we can do." But one last effort before I start looking for a replacement for the last of a 34 year run of Honda/Acura ownership.
rgpolson is offline  
Old 07-09-2018, 09:38 AM
  #111  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 43
Posts: 83
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I seem to have this issue on my 18 A-Spec V6 AWD as well but the dealer won't even acknowledge me and just says" This issue has been corrected on the 18's" so it must be a wheel balance and you have to pay us to do the wheels balance. I feel they should prove me wrong and do the balance free and if it is gone I then have to pay for it?
Any ideas on how I can get the dealer to do the balance as a courtesy to see if that is the issue?
Temp_A-Spec is offline  
Old 07-09-2018, 12:06 PM
  #112  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 50
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Temp_A-Spec View Post
I seem to have this issue on my 18 A-Spec V6 AWD as well but the dealer won't even acknowledge me and just says" This issue has been corrected on the 18's" so it must be a wheel balance and you have to pay us to do the wheels balance. I feel they should prove me wrong and do the balance free and if it is gone I then have to pay for it?
Any ideas on how I can get the dealer to do the balance as a courtesy to see if that is the issue?
I have an 18 v6 with 2k miles and just took the car in for the vibration issue along with the Walk Away Lock issue. The dealer took the car for a test drive, confirmed the vibration and then balanced the tires. I wasn't able to test until today, but the vibration issue is still there and in fact, I feel it more than I did before they balanced the tires. It seems to occur primarily at speeds over 70 mph.

Not sure why your dealer wouldn't balance the tires, especially if your car is under warranty. Do you have another dealer you can go to?


azsl1326 is offline  
Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM
  #113  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 43
Posts: 83
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
They believe it’s from road hazard potholes and it a defect but I complained the first month I owned the car and it was summer time so there wasn’t any pot holes yet. I will try again and see what they say or call another dealer.
Temp_A-Spec is offline  
Old 07-09-2018, 07:19 PM
  #114  
Registered Member
 
KeithL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 57
Posts: 4,953
Thanked 629 Times in 366 Posts
Oddly my 15 TLX was butter smooth on Highway, today I had my 19 ASPEC on Highway and felt small vibration, could not tell where it was coming from. It did not seem to be the front wheels as steering wheel had no hint of vibration. I will bring it to dealer in a few weeks and may let them balance the tires then. I hope it ismwheel balance.
KeithL is offline  
Old 07-09-2018, 09:49 PM
  #115  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 316
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by rgpolson View Post
Had B1 service done week before last on my 2016 SH-AWD and vibration is now pretty bad. I've had some vibration since I bought it, and even stuck a rubber vibration damper on the passenger seat belt receptacle to keep it from flapping around. But now it is unacceptable between about 73-78 mph. Call in to the dealer to have a road force balance done and get them to do the B16-057 TSB. I'm sure it won't solve the problem, but it seems Acura should be willing to do all possible to at least minimize situation.

Pretty sure I'll get the "it's not that bad, and nothing more we can do." But one last effort before I start looking for a replacement for the last of a 34 year run of Honda/Acura ownership.
Was there anything other than a tire rotation that was done that could possibly cause the increased vibration? If you have not already done so, you probably should check to make sure the tires are inflated to the proper pressure.

I ended a 32 year run driving only Hondas/Acuras based in large part on the many issues reported with the TLX.

Last edited by cruiserchuck; 07-09-2018 at 09:51 PM.
cruiserchuck is offline  
Old 08-01-2018, 01:56 PM
  #116  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 50
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by azsl1326 View Post
I have an 18 v6 with 2k miles and just took the car in for the vibration issue along with the Walk Away Lock issue. The dealer took the car for a test drive, confirmed the vibration and then balanced the tires. I wasn't able to test until today, but the vibration issue is still there and in fact, I feel it more than I did before they balanced the tires. It seems to occur primarily at speeds over 70 mph.

Not sure why your dealer wouldn't balance the tires, especially if your car is under warranty. Do you have another dealer you can go to?
Took my 18 TLX back into the dealer today. The technician drove the car and was able to confirm the vibration issue, which occurs between 70-80mph. Dealer gave me an 18 TLX loaner, same model as mine, to see if the issue occurs with it as well. Driving home, I was able to confirm that the loaner car has the same vibration issue as mine. I don't think this is going to be easily resolved.
azsl1326 is offline  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:45 PM
  #117  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 30
Thanked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Brought my 18 A-Spec V6 in for its first A1 service and the vibration issue. Was put in a 18 TLX 4 cylinder loaner. Interestingly, this car drives butter smooth with no hint of vibration, though I much prefer the engine in my car.

The dealership has now had my car for 4 days. The latest update from my service rep is that they drove the car and confirmed a vibration. They road-force balanced the tires and, based on the results, thought they had 3 tires out of spec, so they got the regional service rep involved and requested to replace 3 tires, to which I said I would prefer them replace all 4 considering they already have 6000 miles on them. Now it looks like they are only replacing 2 because the 3rd one is apparently within spec. This should happen tomorrow, after which they will again test drive the car. I doubt this exercise will end in a satisfactory result, as I'm sure the vibration will persist, based on everything I have read. I asked my rep what the next step will be if the 2 new tires don't fix the problem, to which he responded "let's just take it one step at a time."

Fortunately I got them to admit there is a vibration, which I felt was going to be the major hurdle. They also have the Acura regional service rep involved, who is now aware of the issue. I initially expected them to say the vibration was normal operation, resulting in me just riding out the remaining 30 months of my lease. However, now that they have admitted there is a problem and are actively attempting to fix it, I am interested to see where this goes. I don't intend to be satisfied until it drives like I know it should. I would even gladly swap it for a 2019 RDX A-Spec...
OtownPSU is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 01:18 PM
  #118  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 50
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by OtownPSU View Post
Brought my 18 A-Spec V6 in for its first A1 service and the vibration issue. Was put in a 18 TLX 4 cylinder loaner. Interestingly, this car drives butter smooth with no hint of vibration, though I much prefer the engine in my car.

The dealership has now had my car for 4 days. The latest update from my service rep is that they drove the car and confirmed a vibration. They road-force balanced the tires and, based on the results, thought they had 3 tires out of spec, so they got the regional service rep involved and requested to replace 3 tires, to which I said I would prefer them replace all 4 considering they already have 6000 miles on them. Now it looks like they are only replacing 2 because the 3rd one is apparently within spec. This should happen tomorrow, after which they will again test drive the car. I doubt this exercise will end in a satisfactory result, as I'm sure the vibration will persist, based on everything I have read. I asked my rep what the next step will be if the 2 new tires don't fix the problem, to which he responded "let's just take it one step at a time."

Fortunately I got them to admit there is a vibration, which I felt was going to be the major hurdle. They also have the Acura regional service rep involved, who is now aware of the issue. I initially expected them to say the vibration was normal operation, resulting in me just riding out the remaining 30 months of my lease. However, now that they have admitted there is a problem and are actively attempting to fix it, I am interested to see where this goes. I don't intend to be satisfied until it drives like I know it should. I would even gladly swap it for a 2019 RDX A-Spec...
It's interesting that they agreed to move forward in attempting to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. I had the exact opposite experience.

I have the 2018 V6 Tech and the dealership had my car for two days on this visit - was previously in for the same issue. The technician test drove the car and admitted that there was a vibration issue. However, they also drove several other V6 TLX on their lot and noted that they also have the vibration issue at the same speeds - between 70mph and 80mph. Therefore, according to the Service Manager, they are unable to move forward with doing anything else as it's, "a like issue" and occurs on all 18 TLX V6 cars! I was given the Client Relations number for Acura and told my best recourse would be to contact them directly. I called Acura and a Case Manager is supposed to follow-up with me on Monday.

I am not real optimistic that anything is going to come out of this that will resolve the issue for me to my satisfaction. However, I will simply not accept that the vibration issue is normal between those speeds on a $40k vehicle!
azsl1326 is offline  
Old 08-07-2018, 03:36 PM
  #119  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 30
Thanked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by OtownPSU View Post
Brought my 18 A-Spec V6 in for its first A1 service and the vibration issue. Was put in a 18 TLX 4 cylinder loaner. Interestingly, this car drives butter smooth with no hint of vibration, though I much prefer the engine in my car.

The dealership has now had my car for 4 days. The latest update from my service rep is that they drove the car and confirmed a vibration. They road-force balanced the tires and, based on the results, thought they had 3 tires out of spec, so they got the regional service rep involved and requested to replace 3 tires, to which I said I would prefer them replace all 4 considering they already have 6000 miles on them. Now it looks like they are only replacing 2 because the 3rd one is apparently within spec. This should happen tomorrow, after which they will again test drive the car. I doubt this exercise will end in a satisfactory result, as I'm sure the vibration will persist, based on everything I have read. I asked my rep what the next step will be if the 2 new tires don't fix the problem, to which he responded "let's just take it one step at a time."

Fortunately I got them to admit there is a vibration, which I felt was going to be the major hurdle. They also have the Acura regional service rep involved, who is now aware of the issue. I initially expected them to say the vibration was normal operation, resulting in me just riding out the remaining 30 months of my lease. However, now that they have admitted there is a problem and are actively attempting to fix it, I am interested to see where this goes. I don't intend to be satisfied until it drives like I know it should. I would even gladly swap it for a 2019 RDX A-Spec...
So after 9 days, my car is ready for pickup this afternoon. They replaced 2 tires and the service tech who felt the vibration initially drove the car after replacing the tires and reports that the vibration is gone and it rides smooth. I am skeptical, but I hope this is the case.
OtownPSU is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to OtownPSU For This Useful Post:
azsl1326 (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 03:49 PM
  #120  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 50
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by OtownPSU View Post
So after 9 days, my car is ready for pickup this afternoon. They replaced 2 tires and the service tech who felt the vibration initially drove the car after replacing the tires and reports that the vibration is gone and it rides smooth. I am skeptical, but I hope this is the case.
Interesting - hopefully it's resolved. Please report back if it's fixed.

Last edited by azsl1326; 08-07-2018 at 03:52 PM.
azsl1326 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.