Type S release date 11/2020 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Type S release date 11/2020

 
Old 01-18-2019, 06:14 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Type S release date 11/2020

Posted this at an end of another thread but it gets lost in all the threads, sent an e-mail to the sales manager at my local dealership (bought 5 cars from them) if he had any new insight to when the Type S will be released. Got a call back from the GM who said he called the corporate rep at Acura with the question. Anyway, long story short is he was told that it will be out in November of 2020 as a 2021 model. So anyone holding off on a purchase thinking something is happening soon will have a long wait. Suspected it would be out early in 2020 but looks like that is not happening. Never got bad info from the dealer and was surprised the GM actually called corporate to check and instead of just emailing the info actually called me so he must have looked up my number. Love the dealership service and responsiveness. Makes me feel not to bad about getting the 18 A-Spec since at that point I will have had it 3+ years mark and won't feel too bad about trading it in. That said it would be hard to wait a year after that to see what if any new issues the new model has.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 06:51 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
ZipSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 318
Thanked 91 Times in 58 Posts
If true, at least it'll give Acura a year to work out the bugs on the 2.0T models (assuming there's a new TLX this year) before the Type-S is launched. That said, I think some NaCl is in order as I'm a bit incredulous that corporate would divulge a GM with such information.

Last edited by ZipSpeed; 01-18-2019 at 06:58 PM.
ZipSpeed is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZipSpeed For This Useful Post:
a35tl (01-19-2019), F23A4 (01-19-2019), neuronbob (01-23-2019), nist7 (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 07:11 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed View Post
If true, at least it'll give Acura a year to work out the bugs on the 2.0T models (assuming there's a new TLX this year) before the Type-S is launched. That said, I think some NaCl is in order as I'm a bit incredulous that corporate would divulge a GM with such information.
I was surprised to actually get a phone call from the GM versus just an email back which is what I sent. I have no reason to think he would make up anything and I think given how little is out there on a next gen it makes sense. Was just surprised he said November 2020 is the likely date. Seems like if he wanted to keep me in the Acura "family" he would have not told me that. Everything the dealer has told me about the mid cycle update and other things has all been spot on so I take him at his word.

Last edited by EE4Life; 01-19-2019 at 07:32 AM.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 08:15 PM
  #4  
FFS
 
kurtatx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,697
Thanked 1,163 Times in 818 Posts
The difference between sales and marketing is sales don't know they're lying. Unless Acura marketing announces it, it's not happening. Acura dealerships just want to sell you a car. They hope you'll call back frequently to inquire the Type S so they can hook you on a "deal".

Do NOT trust anything you hear from your salesman. Period.

Originally Posted by jhb31 View Post
I was surprised to actually get a phone call from the GM versus just an email back which is what I sent. I have no reason to think he would make up anything and I think given how little is out there on a next gen it makes sense. Was just surprised he said November 2011 is the likely date. Seems like if he wanted to keep me in the Acura "family" he would have not told me that. Everything the dealer has told me about the mid cycle update and other things has all been spot on so I take him at his word.
He wants to sell you a car. He wants you to wake up one morning and think "I wonder if '<insert Acura dealership here>' has the Type S yet." and then drive down to the dealership and you might see something that makes you think "You know, the regular model is pretty great, I'll buy that".

Last edited by kurtatx; 01-18-2019 at 08:18 PM.
kurtatx is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kurtatx For This Useful Post:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-18-2019), nist7 (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 09:19 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx View Post
The difference between sales and marketing is sales don't know they're lying. Unless Acura marketing announces it, it's not happening. Acura dealerships just want to sell you a car. They hope you'll call back frequently to inquire the Type S so they can hook you on a "deal".

Do NOT trust anything you hear from your salesman. Period.


He wants to sell you a car. He wants you to wake up one morning and think "I wonder if '<insert Acura dealership here>' has the Type S yet." and then drive down to the dealership and you might see something that makes you think "You know, the regular model is pretty great, I'll buy that".
I could believe that but since I already have and 2018 TLX A-Spec (and he knows that) what reason would he think telling me a Type-S will not be out till 11/2020?? More likely if not true to tell me it's coming out sooner so I don't go off brand. Seem logical?
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:22 PM
  #6  
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"
 
nist7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu
Age: 32
Posts: 3,121
Thanked 545 Times in 373 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed View Post
That said, I think some NaCl is in order as I'm a bit incredulous that corporate would divulge a GM with such information.
Yeah I was gonna say....this level of information screams of the utmost corporate secrecy/propriety. It is VERY hard for me to believe they would divulge a release date for an upcoming model just that casually over the phone...even if a dealer GM have some connection/contact.

Originally Posted by kurtatx View Post
The difference between sales and marketing is sales don't know they're lying. Unless Acura marketing announces it, it's not happening. Acura dealerships just want to sell you a car. They hope you'll call back frequently to inquire the Type S so they can hook you on a "deal".

Do NOT trust anything you hear from your salesman. Period.

He wants to sell you a car. He wants you to wake up one morning and think "I wonder if '<insert Acura dealership here>' has the Type S yet." and then drive down to the dealership and you might see something that makes you think "You know, the regular model is pretty great, I'll buy that".
Heh yeah more likely this is the case.

The fact that we're even talking about this on this forum means it's likely 99.99% false. No way something this important gets "leaked" out unless someone is grossly negligent/incompetent (unlikely to be working at a position that knows such level of information at a company as big as Acura/Honda) or is intentional (again, very unlikely given the OP story of how the info is divulged).

Last edited by nist7; 01-18-2019 at 09:25 PM.
nist7 is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:37 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7 View Post
Yeah I was gonna say....this level of information screams of the utmost corporate secrecy/propriety. It is VERY hard for me to believe they would divulge a release date for an upcoming model just that casually over the phone...even if a dealer GM have some connection/contact.



Heh yeah more likely this is the case.

The fact that we're even talking about this on this forum means it's likely 99.99% false. No way something this important gets "leaked" out unless someone is grossly negligent/incompetent (unlikely to be working at a position that knows such level of information at a company as big as Acura/Honda) or is intentional (again, very unlikely given the OP story of how the info is divulged).
I understand the doubt, same dealer told me nearly a year before it was announced that every acura model would have a Type-S version and sure enough true, he said it was told to him in corporate meetings with Acura. Same when earlly spy pics came out on the mid cycle TLX update if that what it would look like and the sales manager said that pretty much exactly what it would be from what he saw at the meetings. Never had bad info, believe it or not but from past experience I have never been told bad info. In this case there was no reason for him to even say he called corporate or even call me rather than an e-mail. He knows I am not buying a current model TLX and would be better in his case to say it's gonna be out in 12 months or less so I don't go to another brand. I had a 2017 TLX for 8 months, hated it and went with a 2018. He knows that so there is no way he would throw out a long date as he knows I would dump the car if not happy with it.

I would say this is closer to 90% true than 99% false. Only variation may be a month or two. Also he wasn't definitive on the month in 2020 other than it looked to be November as most likely.

Last edited by jhb31; 01-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:48 PM
  #8  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,625
Thanked 13,811 Times in 10,258 Posts
When pigs fly
justnspace is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:10 PM
  #9  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
If I am off on this I will eat crow, resign from this forum and buy a new type S. Well at least the first item. I kept my Type S from new for 10 years waiting for a new Type-S. Bought 2017 TLX just cause I couldn't wait and they gave me crazy money for my Type S which they sold in 3 days. Had the 2017 for less than a year and bought a 2018 A-Spec AWD. There is nobody that wants a new Type S more than me. Worst mistake I made was trading the 07 in.

Last edited by jhb31; 01-18-2019 at 10:12 PM.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:16 PM
  #10  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
When pigs fly
Grow some wings.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:17 PM
  #11  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31 View Post
If I am off on this I will eat crow, resign from this forum and buy a new type S. Well at least the first item. I kept my Type S from new for 10 years waiting for a new Type-S. Bought 2017 TLX just cause I couldn't wait and they gave me crazy money for my Type S which they sold in 3 days. Had the 2017 for less than a year and bought a 2018 A-Spec AWD. There is nobody that wants a new Type S more than me. Worst mistake I made was trading the 07 in.
Do you like the 18?


Why not get another 2007?
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:30 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Do you like the 18?


Why not get another 2007?
I regret trading in the 2007, you can't buy the same car back. I had it from new. They sell for a premium these days. Mine had only 80k miles on it which is hard to find. My point was I in retrospect I should have kept it and waited for a
new type S. Can't go back in time but I got too in-patient after ten years.








jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:37 PM
  #13  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Those are pics right before I traded it in. I can only hope a new type S will be 12 years better than my old one.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:46 PM
  #14  
Registered Member
 
dmski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 140
Thanked 37 Times in 22 Posts
There's no way Corporate is just giving this info away. Yes, they were right on some things in the past but when it comes to new FML launches it's just not happening especially with Honda/Acura. My gut tells me the release will happen early in 2020 for Type S TLX. New MDX will launch late 2020. We shall see.
dmski is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:46 PM
  #15  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
No offense, but are you one of those people who refuses to buy a used car?

I'm the opposite, I traded a 2008 TL on a 2011 Kia Optima, now, I'm ready to go back to a 2007-08 TL or 2006-07 Accord V6. New cars lack personality. It's ruining driving for me. I still have a 2007 RDX, but I only get to drive it three days a week. The rest if the time I'm left with the slow, marshmallow Kia.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:47 PM
  #16  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Beautiful TL, BTW.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:51 PM
  #17  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by dmski View Post
There's no way Corporate is just giving this info away. Yes, they were right on some things in the past but when it comes to new FML launches it's just not happening especially with Honda/Acura. My gut tells me the release will happen early in 2020 for Type S TLX. New MDX will launch late 2020. We shall see.
I am with you on that for sure, sooner the better and I will gladly eat crow. God knows I threw a lot of money away not just keeping my 3rd gen. Sad thing is, as I hadn't looked at the pics of my S till this thread the interior was so much much more plush on the 3rd gen Type S than the new TLX.. I hope they make it better than that or at least equal it.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 11:05 PM
  #18  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
No offense, but are you one of those people who refuses to buy a used car?

I'm the opposite, I traded a 2008 TL on a 2011 Kia Optima, now, I'm ready to go back to a 2007-08 TL or 2006-07 Accord V6. New cars lack personality. It's ruining driving for me. I still have a 2007 RDX, but I only get to drive it three days a week. The rest if the time I'm left with the slow, marshmallow Kia.
Have bought many used cars, just fortunate enough to buy new and if I don't like it I will get something else. The Type-S was the only car I had anywhere close to 10 years. Not because I couldn't afford a new car but because it was an awesome car.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 11:50 PM
  #19  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31 View Post
Have bought many used cars, just fortunate enough to buy new and if I don't like it I will get something else. The Type-S was the only car I had anywhere close to 10 years. Not because I couldn't afford a new car but because it was an awesome car.
Glad to see you really loved her. I can't stand having a car I don't like. I bought it, put on brakes, tires, got an extra keyfob, new headlights and did a few other thongs just to decide I don't like the car. I feel so stupid. I'm in about $9k on a car worth $7K tops.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-19-2019, 12:09 AM
  #20  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Glad to see you really loved her. I can't stand having a car I don't like. I bought it, put on brakes, tires, got an extra keyfob, new headlights and did a few other thongs just to decide I don't like the car. I feel so stupid. I'm in about $9k on a car worth $7K tops.
It happens, bought a mazda years back, sold it after 5 weeks at a loss as i couldn't stand it and bought a 3 yr old bmw which I could not really afford but was my all time favorite car with the TL-S being second. Hard if you like cars to drive one you don't like. Most here on the forums want that car that once you get it you don't feel the need to look for a new one after 3,4,5 or more years.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 12:58 AM
  #21  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31 View Post
It happens, bought a mazda years back, sold it after 5 weeks at a loss as i couldn't stand it and bought a 3 yr old bmw which I could not really afford but was my all time favorite car with the TL-S being second. Hard if you like cars to drive one you don't like. Most here on the forums want that car that once you get it you don't feel the need to look for a new one after 3,4,5 or more years.
At the end of this February, it will make 3 years since getting the RDX, and 65K miles in. I am totally in it for the long haul.

In March 2017, I was given a 2008 Camry SE, red, I4, perfect looking/no damage hardly, 133K miles, but I hated driving it. I also hated myself for taking it over an 2008 Accor. LX with lower milage. The person who got me the car kept telling me that if I didn't love it, get something else. So I went into my 2007 Accord/TSX/TL debate, long story short, June 2017, a 2008 TL came up in my town. Clean. Needed a few things, but only had 103K on the clock. Got $7200 for the Camry, paid $1800, drove off in the TL.

Somehow, in my mind, I started getting annoyed with the car. May 2018, I finally just sold it for $5300 for a Kia Optima 2.4 with 165K miles. Dumped a ton of maintenance into the Kia.

At nearly 174K miles, I'm afraid it will be worthless in a year or two. I just want my money back.

Sometimes, I feel like trading it on a 2004 or 2005 TL with 150K+ miles, but that would be such a downgrade from my 2008. But atleast I'd have a Honda/Acura again.

I've always wanted a 2007 Accord V6. The TL was low and heavy, but otherwise, I loved it. Except premium gas. Hell, it got 33 mpg highway.

I'm just afraid an AV6 would feel cheap and plain after having a TL. I'd get another TL, but and gas would kill me.

Even so, I'm still considering it. I thought I wanted a TSX, but I NEED a V6!

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 01-19-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-19-2019, 08:01 AM
  #22  
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fremont, CA
Age: 41
Posts: 462
Thanked 102 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
I thought I wanted a TSX, but I NEED a V6!
2010+ TSX's were available with the v6...

silverTL6 is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 08:13 AM
  #23  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by silverTL6 View Post
2010+ TSX's were available with the v6...

I considered those, but they're very rare, still have EPS and the interior isn't as durable. For some reason, nearly every 2G TSX and 4G TL I see have horrific tears in the seats and armrest on the door panels. The 1G's seem to be fine.


Love those TSX V6 wheels though. I do think it would be an excellent car for me. But thinking I can get one isn't really practical right now.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-19-2019, 08:31 AM
  #24  
Registered Member
 
TSXV6Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario (Canada)
Age: 53
Posts: 574
Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts
^ The TSX V6 is best car I ever had. Extremely reliable and very powerful... a sleeper. No one expects it. Never had any interior wear issue though.
TSXV6Guy is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 01:32 PM
  #25  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,190
Thanked 1,205 Times in 727 Posts
Leaks just leak & maybe 1 in a 100 are valid. Am following the Stingray C8 forum & its up to 1,000+ threads & 52,000+ posts on a car nobody actually knows anything factual about.
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:13 PM
  #26  
Senior Moderator
 
F23A4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 50
Posts: 16,429
Thanked 468 Times in 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post

I've always wanted a 2007 Accord V6. !
I used to have an 07 AV6 EX-L sedan w/navi. Tight little package but nothing to write home about and definitely not as nice as the 3G TL.



F23A4 is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:21 PM
  #27  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
What was the Accord like comparing it to the TL. I remember my TL felt very big and heavy. I perfer the lighter feel of my RDX and appreciate that tge Optima I have now is lighter. The TL felt huge at low speeds.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-20-2019, 10:34 AM
  #28  
Senior Moderator
 
F23A4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 50
Posts: 16,429
Thanked 468 Times in 312 Posts
My 07 with its 5AT felt very underpowered, and I mean much more so than the 04 TL I'd driven a couple of years earlier. As a matter of fact, my 14 Accord Sport CVT was quicker.

If you're ever in the market for an 06-07 AV6, just get the 6MT model. Totally different car.
F23A4 is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 04:51 PM
  #29  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4 View Post
My 07 with its 5AT felt very underpowered, and I mean much more so than the 04 TL I'd driven a couple of years earlier. As a matter of fact, my 14 Accord Sport CVT was quicker.

If you're ever in the market for an 06-07 AV6, just get the 6MT model. Totally different car.
I'm not good with a shift, I can, but tend to miss gears.

I felt my TL was a little too heavy for it's 3.2 engine, until about 4K rpm.

My Optima gives off the impression that it's quicker, but from a roll, it's definitely not. I'm suptised to hear this because I have driven AV6's, albeit 3+ years ago, and never had the impression they were under powdered, from what I remember...

I actually remember the 2007 AV6 I drove was very eager to downshift, unlike my old TL.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-21-2019, 01:26 PM
  #30  
Senior Moderator
 
F23A4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 50
Posts: 16,429
Thanked 468 Times in 312 Posts
Despite being a fully loaded 7.5G AV6, it was a pretty forgettable experience for me. AV6s were generally underpowered until the 8G, but even then it was really just the coupe 6-6 that performed. With the 9G, all V6 models were solid performers.
F23A4 is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 01:38 PM
  #31  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
losiglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Age: 37
Posts: 2,905
Thanked 695 Times in 489 Posts
I don't see Acura putting out any real performance vehicle anytime soon. I don't think they make as much $$$ for them as their more mainstream vehicles and SUV's. If they put one out, I feel like it would be only to keep up with other manufacturers and show that they can still produce a performance vehicle. Basically paying $$$ for reputation.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.
losiglow is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 05:46 PM
  #32  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4 View Post
Despite being a fully loaded 7.5G AV6, it was a pretty forgettable experience for me. AV6s were generally underpowered until the 8G, but even then it was really just the coupe 6-6 that performed. With the 9G, all V6 models were solid performers.

I'm just surprised by that because every post I've ever read praised the 7G as the best Accord ever, and faster than the 8G auto because of weight. Power/Weight seems about the same as my 3G base/auto. I do agree the 9G is a complete monster on power. Probably the fastest FWD (or FWD bias) sedan out there outside of a few German cars like the S3 and S4.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:39 PM
  #33  
MSZ
Lola
 
MSZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Toronto
Age: 37
Posts: 3,776
Thanked 155 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by losiglow View Post
I don't see Acura putting out any real performance vehicle anytime soon. I don't think they make as much $$$ for them as their more mainstream vehicles and SUV's. If they put one out, I feel like it would be only to keep up with other manufacturers and show that they can still produce a performance vehicle. Basically paying $$$ for reputation.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.
If "soon" means within a year, then you're most likely correct.

They do have a V6T test mule running around Ohio for a year, so we will probably see a true Type-S model late next year.
MSZ is online now  
Old 01-22-2019, 01:08 PM
  #34  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,190
Thanked 1,205 Times in 727 Posts
Originally Posted by MSZ View Post
If "soon" means within a year, then you're most likely correct.

They do have a V6T test mule running around Ohio for a year, so we will probably see a true Type-S model late next year.
Hope for the fan guys sake they release the 3T from the get go for TLX G2.

Nice thing about a turbo is they can up the boost 4PSI or so & run the same engine with 50BHP more as the S. My car is the "S" version of the 440. Stock is 320BHP mine is 355BHP. Bottom line disregarding the other stuff that comes with it it has few PSI more boost then stock.

Another nice thing is with a turbo, expect aftermarket tuners to take a look at the TLX. BMS (JB4) who was strictly a BMW tuner for years now does a number of other cars with turbo engines.
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 07:54 PM
  #35  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
If they use the J30 for the 3.0T, all is forgiven, and wouldn't that be hot!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:04 PM
  #36  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 248
Thanked 66 Times in 44 Posts
V6 TSX Owner here. Interior has been very durable as far as leather and trim. On the other hand, the door lock actuators have been all failing recently. I need to replace 3 of them when I have time. Also i get a rattle/grind noise at low rpm 1500 could be TQ converter going out not sure. Shifts through its gears normally and doesn't seem to hunt for gears. It has 125k on it now. Maybe its a heat shield rattle.

I think I want to just keep this car as long as possible now. Doesn't seem to consume much oil between changes and it has plenty of overtaking power on the freeway. I put the TL SHAWD struts and springs on it and yes its a tad higher than stock but it definitely feels less sloppy now compared to the stock suspension. If you can find one yes they are rare but its basically as close as you can get to a 3g tl type-s Auto without buying one.

I travel a lot for work and whenever i get back from my trips and having driven the usual hertz rental car fare, my TSX always feels so much more responsive and alert to drive.
2snail is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
sportsguy
Third Generation RDX (2019+)
29
02-17-2019 11:51 AM
AP8ESQ
Third Generation RLX (2013+)
10
01-28-2019 09:05 AM
Black Tire
Ramblings
3
08-08-2014 09:12 AM
soydrink
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
2
05-16-2008 09:38 PM
sigs21
Car Talk
0
05-31-2001 02:13 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Type S release date 11/2020


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.