Trunk Upgrade Options

Old 09-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Trunk Upgrade Options

So far without much luck, I've been looking for TLX Advanced parts to replace my Base TLX in order to have a more versatile trunk. For reference this is what reads in the Acura TLX features page:

Advance Package models feature a deep storage bin under the floor, plus one additional shallower bin. The bin storage cover is reversible. Its smooth surface can be easily cleaned after holding messy items. The Advance Package also increases cargo space from 13.2 cu.ft. to 14.3 cu.ft. by providing additional space under the floor.

I'm wondering if that 1.1cu.ft. (roughly 30L) is worth the trouble/cost. My wife and I are hoping for a child and I would think it is but I can't seem to find the Advanced parts in their catalogue or anywhere for that matter. And yes, we're probably gonna get a bigger car down the road but the TLX will be our only car for at least 3 years. Any suggestions?
Old 09-27-2015, 11:36 PM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
Losing the extra "underfloor storage" was the hardest thing to give up by adding my spare tire kit to my car. I don't know if the kit would fit, but I would imagine that the space is available you would just have to get the bin and trim pieces to make it work.

I have all the necessary parts to probably convert your trunk to the "advance" version so I would maybe look on ebay or possibly some of the owners on this forum who have added a spare tire to see if they'd sell you theirs. I'd also check with your dealer or one of the dealers who advertise on this site to see if when they add a spare tire kit to a customer's car they would be able to sell the parts. I do believe you could get all the parts from any dealer but it could be expensive.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,411 Posts
Acura Parts @ AcuraAutomotiveParts.org - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Acura Carland

Looks like Parts #22 and #4 to swap out

#21 looks to be the base one:
Acura Parts @ AcuraAutomotiveParts.org - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Acura Carland

It's around $70 for the part, and honestly that $70 might be worth it in the future but I don't think it's a huge concern now. It'd be perfect for little things but I don't imagine the TLX trunk and back seat will be filled to the brim. In all honesty, once you have the kid it might be worth it to upgrade to the tech model with the lane keeping, forward collision system, etc to help protect your family a bit more.

Last edited by csmeance; 09-27-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
I have the advance trim, give your a bit of storage under the trunk floor. HOWEVER, I upgraded to the spare tire kit and still have all of the old pieces just laying in my garage.

Wiling to give it away FREE! I am in LA either free pickup or you can just pay the shipping. Just PM me.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance

Looks like Parts #22 and #4 to swap out

#21 looks to be the base one:

It's around $70 for the part, and honestly that $70 might be worth it in the future but I don't think it's a huge concern now. It'd be perfect for little things but I don't imagine the TLX trunk and back seat will be filled to the brim. In all honesty, once you have the kid it might be worth it to upgrade to the tech model with the lane keeping, forward collision system, etc to help protect your family a bit more.

I think the Lid Assembly part 11 need to be changed to 12 as well.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Race Director

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts
General Motors will discontinue the Cadillac ATS sedan after the 2018 model year, just six years after introducing the small car as a worthy rival to the strongest German competitors.

A Cadillac spokesman said the luxury brand plans to replace the compact ATS, midsize CTS and large XTS sedans with two new sedans, though it's unclear when the new models will be launched.

Beginning with the all-new XT4 compact crossover that goes on sale this fall, Cadillac says it plans to launch a new model every six months through the end of 2021.

The Cadillac XT6, a new three-row crossover, is expected to be the next Cadillac launched after the XT4.

The ATS, Cadillac's smallest sedan, was introduced in 2012 and is assembled in Lansing, Mich. Cadillac will continue to market the ATS coupe for the 2019 model year, a spokesman said.

At the time of its unveiling at the 2012 Detroit auto show, Cadillac touted the ATS as an equal competitor to the best of Germany’s small cars, such as the BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and Mercedes C class.

Mark Reuss, GM’s current product development chief who was then North America president, said the ATS represented "the new soul of Cadillac" and was developed "to meet or beat the absolute best compact luxury cars in every measure."

It was Cadillac’s first small car since the Cimarron, an infamous failure of the 1980s.

"Production of the ATS sedan is ending due to extensive plant upgrades, expansion and re-tooling to prepare for the next generation of Cadillac sedans," Cadillac spokesman Donny Nordlicht said Wednesday. "Cadillac's future sedan portfolio will consist of three sedans, positioned in different segments and clearly differentiated by size and price."

The CT6 will remain Cadillac's flagship sedan and is playing the lead role as a new technology platform for Cadillac, beginning with the introduction of Super Cruise semiautonomous technology on the 2018 CT6.

U.S. sales of the ATS sedan and coupe slumped 39 percent in 2017 to 13,100 units. However, they have jumped 7.4 percent this year. Overall, U.S. car sales are on track to fall for the fifth straight year in 2018 as more Americans migrate to crossovers, SUVs and pickups.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...raps-ats-sedan
The following users liked this post:
wlkeel (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
get a SUV or minivan