Transmission being replaced I4 DCT Remanufactured

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Transmission being replaced I4 DCT Remanufactured

Transmission being replaced TLX I4 DCT at less than 30K under warranty.

I guess I don't have a choice other than accepting Remanufactured?

What does Remanufactured mean? Is Remanufactured worse/similar to new? Does Acura even consider providing new or is Remanufactured standard practice when under warranty?

Last edited by niray9; 09-22-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:21 PM
Instructor

This is the definition/explanation I found (although it does not mention transmission):
Find & Purchase Acura Genuine Parts | Acura Owners Site

Acura Genuine Remanufactured Parts

Although no part can last forever, we are able to remanufacture many of our genuine parts to like-new standards through a sophisticated process.

The Acura remanufacturing process involves a complete disassembly, full-scale cleaning and inspection of every component. Parts not up to our specifications are replaced with new Acura Genuine Parts.

Once reassembled, testing is designed to assure that the remanufactured part performs at the same high level as its brand new counterpart.

Genuine Remanufactured Parts that we offer include:
  • Air Conditioning Compressors
  • Alternators
  • Drive Shafts
  • Starter Motors
  • Power Steering Pumps
  • Power Steering Racks
  • ABS Modulators
Every Acura Genuine Remanufactured Part comes fully backed by our nationwide replacement parts warranty.*
Old 09-22-2017, 05:49 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I think "remanufactured" is the same as "rebuilt". What was wrong with the old one? How long is the warranty on the remanufactured one? I had always assumed if you got a new transmission under warranty, you'd get a new one.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
I think "remanufactured" is the same as "rebuilt". What was wrong with the old one? How long is the warranty on the remanufactured one? I had always assumed if you got a new transmission under warranty, you'd get a new one.
Transmission fluid was leaking from it. I was told verbally by the service advisers that the warranty for the remanufactured one would be the same as new.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by niray9
Transmission fluid was leaking from it. I was told verbally by the service advisers that the warranty for the remanufactured one would be the same as new.
That's not all that unusual for transmissions to be replaced with rebuilds under warranty. Its a better deal than having the local dealer's shop repair the one in the car.
The following users liked this post:
niray9 (09-24-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 11:53 AM
Instructor

UPDATE:
Can't feel the shifts when the transmission/car is warmed up.