TLX vs TSX - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

TLX vs TSX

Old 11-19-2018, 12:05 PM
MASTER CAR BULIDER

Thanked 1,205 Times in 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins
The TSX has a cheaper feel to it, but a solid type of cheap, if that makes sense.
How about well built with inexpensive trim?
Old 11-28-2018, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by someguy11 View Post
I went from a 09 TSX I4 Base to a 15 TLX V6 SHAWD Advance. My decision was about improving comfort and technology in my daily driver. Consider the TSX a fully loaded Accord. It looked great, was small, tight, quick and nimble. The four banger gets the job done, but it's hardly fast. You won't win many drag races. It feels like it corners on rails thanks to the stiff suspension, which makes it easy and fun to drive. But that aggressive suspension makes for a rough ride. Half hour or longer trips on some of our local roads got frustratingly bumpy. My lower back got pounded pretty hard. All in all, a capable car that doesn't do anything great, but does everything well. I got compliments on it periodically. In came my TLX and everything improved. AWD was a must for me in the northern climates. The Honda V6 is legendary for reliability and pulls like a freight train (however, the ZF9 is pretty much garbage). The suspension makes for a much smoother, comfortable ride. Comparing the TSX and TLX is like comparing a Chevy Cavalier and a Cadillac XTS. One is designed to get the job done. One is designed to get the job done as well as possible.
Very true. Well said. I like how some of the new accords look, and it looks like some of them can get close to the same HP as a TLX. But does it handle as good? Something tells me the tsx would handle better then all of these.

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
How about well built with inexpensive trim?
Zing.