TLX Trim Level & Color Lineup

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
That said, I do wish Acura would offer more interior variety with the brighter colors.
You know, it's funny, and maybe it's my age, but I find myself preferring simpler interiors. I'll generally go with ebony in full, regardless of the exterior color.

Electronics are very complicated now. And, again, it might just be my age, but I find the ebony interiors less distracting when switching vision from what's going on outside to a complicated electronic screen, doing something and switching to the outside again.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by George Knighton
You know, it's funny, and maybe it's my age, but I find myself preferring simpler interiors. I'll generally go with ebony in full, regardless of the exterior color.

Electronics are very complicated now. And, again, it might just be my age, but I find the ebony interiors less distracting when switching vision from what's going on outside to a complicated electronic screen, doing something and switching to the outside again.
Actually, I would be happy with just more than one option per exterior color. For instance, I just test drove the new Volvo V60 with the Beechwood interior, which is a orangish-brown that looks really nice. One of my personal favorite color combinations is a deep blue exterior with a brown interior.

It would be ideal if the espresso interior were available with most exterior colors.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by TLX35
Thanks for the heads up.
Any info if acura will release an SHAWD without the tech package?
No word on that. No one buys that configuration now, so I don't see the need.

As far as model rollout, first up will be TLX Tech & Advance V6 FWD models. Next will be TLX 4-cyl models. Last will be TLX Tech & Advance V6 SH-AWD models.

Will be a great car. There has been more interest in the TLX than any other recent Acura introduction, which is a very impressive point.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by beach109
No word on that. No one buys that configuration now, so I don't see the need.

As far as model rollout, first up will be TLX Tech & Advance V6 FWD models. Next will be TLX 4-cyl models. Last will be TLX Tech & Advance V6 SH-AWD models.

Will be a great car. There has been more interest in the TLX than any other recent Acura introduction, which is a very impressive point.
Beach, Do you know when they will release pricing? Will it be at the NY show or later?

Any thoughts on whether this car will have the same 2-stage rear dampers as the RDX and ILX?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Beach, Do you know when they will release pricing? Will it be at the NY show or later?

Any thoughts on whether this car will have the same 2-stage rear dampers as the RDX and ILX?
They usually release pricing after the unveil the car in production form. Why have one press release when you can have two? Since the MDX, RLX, RDX and ILX all have amplitude reactive dampeners, it's likely the TLX will have them as well.
The following users liked this post:
Rocket_man (03-29-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts

You're not alone. I don't want to mess around with a cell phone screen while i'm in my car. Give me a stripped down radio with SH-AWD... Oh wait, Acura doesn't do that
Old 03-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Since the MDX, RLX, RDX and ILX all have amplitude reactive dampeners, it's likely the TLX will have them as well.
...and that is where my concern is. I would think that Acura being aware of the problem with the ILX and the RDX (at least in cold climate) that they would at least test the TLX in cold climate or even better yet, get another supplier for their reactive dampeners instead of this Mickey Mouse outfit that can't seem to solve the problem with the 2 other models I mentioned.
The following users liked this post:
Rocket_man (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

I'm with you George. My current TL is Ebony and whatever I end up next will also be black but for me it's more of a maintenance thing than a distraction thing.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Former Audio Mod

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you sure the car won't have Apple's CarPlay in it?

I've seen it suggested Acura had interest.

I sure hope it will be available. I'd much prefer that than a classic nav
Old 03-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Oswald Vater
I'm with you George. My current TL is Ebony and whatever I end up next will also be black but for me it's more of a maintenance thing than a distraction thing.

Interesting how everyone's perspectives and choices vary. You two want black interior and I would take almost any hue except black.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Suzuka Master

^^ I am BLACK interior all the way too!! I know...I am so boring eh?!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
My last two cars have been black exterior/black interior. I may change the exterior color this time, but I think I'll stick with the black interior. Of course this all depends on what the car looks like.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Former Audio Mod

I liked parchment in my TSX. Felt a bit more refined than the black in my A6, even though the A6 has better/more expensive materials. It does show dirt better. I had a Z3 with black and blue mixed, which sounds crazy, but it was awesome with the blue exterior.

If the TLX is supposed to be a hot car (all the marketing speak), they should have at least one color that's a bit more electric (the red they showed, a bright blue, etc.).
Old 03-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by a32tl
Interesting how everyone's perspectives and choices vary. You two want black interior and I would take almost any hue except black.
Originally Posted by weather
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
My last two cars have been black exterior/black interior. I may change the exterior color this time, but I think I'll stick with the black interior. Of course this all depends on what the car looks like.
Black looks nice but in the deep south I need a lighter color. There are times when I can't even get in my car until I open the doors and let the heat out. Black seats are the last thing I need. The Kia Optima in the trim I'd want ONLY comes with black interior. That is not smart.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Weather, that's why brown interior is great - it is dark enough to hide dirt, and yet the colour is interesting enough to look upscale.

Black is good but it is a bit ordinary :-)
Old 03-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts
Any issues with the dampers in the MDX?
Old 03-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Black looks nice but in the deep south I need a lighter color. There are times when I can't even get in my car until I open the doors and let the heat out. Black seats are the last thing I need. The Kia Optima in the trim I'd want ONLY comes with black interior. That is not smart.

I totally agree. While not as hot as Texas, NC has plenty hot and humid summers. Last thing I need is a black interior only making things that much warmer.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
There's been only one time I regretted getting a black interior car while living in Texas, and that's when I parked it outside when it was something like 108 degrees. Outside of that, the only discomfort I really feels is due to the steering wheel being black. Everything else is like "whatever - turn the A/C on and let's get going ..." Of course, there's also a remote start option with the new TLX.... can you turn the A/C on with that? lol
Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ostrich
Weather, that's why brown interior is great - it is dark enough to hide dirt, and yet the colour is interesting enough to look upscale.

Black is good but it is a bit ordinary :-)
I agree that its a bit ordinary but one thing I dislike in a car is the many colors...I find that a black interior with chrome/titanium is ideal for me. When I look at the tan interior of the RDX, I find that there too many things happening and distracts me. I know I am the minority here .... I am not making any reference to extremely handsome I am
Old 03-31-2014, 07:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by a32tl
LOL - I wasn't always that way. In fact other than the 66 Mustang GT I had in High School my current car is the only other one I've had with black interior. All my others (13 total) were various shades of tan, blue or grey. Perhaps age and experience play a factor. I'm more about upkeep today than looking pretty!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
There's been only one time I regretted getting a black interior car while living in Texas, and that's when I parked it outside when it was something like 108 degrees. Outside of that, the only discomfort I really feels is due to the steering wheel being black. Everything else is like "whatever - turn the A/C on and let's get going ..." Of course, there's also a remote start option with the new TLX.... can you turn the A/C on with that? lol
Those sunshades help a little bit.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by Oswald Vater
LOL - I wasn't always that way. In fact other than the 66 Mustang GT I had in High School my current car is the only other one I've had with black interior. All my others (13 total) were various shades of tan, blue or grey. Perhaps age and experience play a factor. I'm more about upkeep today than looking pretty!
LOL. Never thought about it before, but my last two cars had black/ebony interiors. Now White/Black (my last two cars, RL and TL have been WDP and BWP) is now my color combo of choice. Although, I would look at a nice red interior....
Old 03-31-2014, 08:14 AM
Former Audio Mod

Does anyone have pictures of cars that have the exact blue or red expected to be offered they could share? Why do you think they aren't going to sell the red shown?
Old 04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
I really hope the TLX doesn't have the sea of plastic on the dashboard that Acura has been adamant about putting in all of their vehicles. It ruins the entire interior in my opinion... looks very cheap and plain.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by schalliol
Does anyone have pictures of cars that have the exact blue or red expected to be offered they could share? Why do you think they aren't going to sell the red shown?

The blue and the red are the same offered on the current TL, with Fathom Blue and Basque Red Pearl.

The all new color is Black Copper along with Slate Silver, which is a medium/darker silver vs. the current Silver Moon & Graphite which are lighter and a lot darker.

Red isn't a high demand color, as great as it looked on the prototype. You never know in the future though, even if something isn't immediately available. First year is first year.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by randomRon82
I really hope the TLX doesn't have the sea of plastic on the dashboard that Acura has been adamant about putting in all of their vehicles. It ruins the entire interior in my opinion... looks very cheap and plain.

If you consider how much higher grade and nicer the materials and fits are in the new MDX and RLX, vs. older designs such as the current TL and TSX, things only get better from here.