A spec available in modern steel metalic ?

Old 08-23-2017, 10:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 222 Posts
A spec available in modern steel metalic ?

Was just on acura website and some dealer sites and saw the A spec in Modern Steel Metalic with black or red interior. I thought it was only in black/white/blue/red for exterior colors. Have not seen any pics of the metalic steel posted on the forums. Did I miss something or is this a new offer? I had a deposit down on a blue but love the black but know its a lot of work to keep clean. Seems the steel would be a nice option. Anyone have one out there or is this a mistake on the acura website? Would love it in silver but the steel seems to be a nice option to black.

Last edited by jhb31; 08-23-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31
Was just on acura website and some dealer sites and saw the A spec in Modern Steel Metalic with black or red interior. I thought it was only in black/white/blue/red for exterior colors. Have not seen any pics of the metalic steel posted on the forums. Did I miss something or is this a new offer? I had a deposit down on a blue but love the black but know its a lot of work to keep clean. Seems the steel would be a nice option. Anyone have one out there or is this a mistake on the acura website? Would love it in silver but the steel seems to be a nice option to black.
That color was always available since launch. It is the same or similar color I have on my current TL so it was my primary choice for the TLX ASpec whenever I pulled the trigger.
I went to see it in person so I'll put up some pics. I would suggest you do the same. I was hoping it was a little darker, but the car does look good. If you look for pictures you will see that the shade of gray looks very different depending on camera, angle and sunlight.

The following users liked this post:
jhb31 (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 10:29 PM
Burning Brakes

other pic
Old 08-23-2017, 10:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sloppy305
That color was always available since launch. It is the same or similar color I have on my current TL so it was my primary choice for the TLX ASpec whenever I pulled the trigger.
I went to see it in person so I'll put up some pics. I would suggest you do the same. I was hoping it was a little darker, but the car does look good. If you look for pictures you will see that the shade of gray looks very different depending on camera, angle and sunlight.

Thanks, don't know how I missed it. Seen all the pics on here and must have missed it. Guess not popular. I left a deposit on the blue but think it may be a little to flashy for me. They had a black one in the showroom and that was crazy nice but everyone says its a mother to keep clean. I have white now and its fairly easy to keep clean but I prefer something darker. Something for me to think about now. I still have time as things are on hold for other reasons but the dealer did say they blue is a love or hate thing for buyers.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Advanced

Thanks, don't know how I missed it. Seen all the pics on here and must have missed it. Guess not popular. I left a deposit on the blue but think it may be a little to flashy for me. They had a black one in the showroom and that was crazy nice but everyone says its a mother to keep clean. I have white now and its fairly easy to keep clean but I prefer something darker. Something for me to think about now. I still have time as things are on hold for other reasons but the dealer did say they blue is a love or hate thing for buyers.
The car does look good in grey it just wasn't dark enough for me. Im trending to a white/red combo now but as soon as my dealer receives AWD in grey, I will give it another look.
Like I said, the car does look awesome depending on the camera and light.

The pictures below are the same color as the previous pictures I posted. You can be the judge...oh and certainly go see it yourself:

Old 08-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Very nice, gives the car a lot of presence. So far of all the shots I have seen its the color I would buy.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Very nice, gives the car a lot of presence. So far of all the shots I have seen its the color I would buy.
I drive a grey Aspec and really like the color. Under different lighting conditions there are hints of purple in there as well.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
I've seen this color in person and it looks pretty good. My dealer sat on it for over 6 weeks as it wasn't selling. The only issue I don't like about it is the shark grey rims are too close to the color of the car itself. I wish it has more contrast. Overall it's a good color though.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by EosPhotog
I drive a grey Aspec and really like the color. Under different lighting conditions there are hints of purple in there as well.
My '06 TL was graphite & am partial to the dark grays.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:55 AM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by FLYGUY31
I've seen this color in person and it looks pretty good. My dealer sat on it for over 6 weeks as it wasn't selling. The only issue I don't like about it is the shark grey rims are too close to the color of the car itself. I wish it has more contrast. Overall it's a good color though.
Agree 100%. I was set on white from day one, but when I saw this color in person I really liked it but thought the same thing. The color is too close to matching the wheels.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by FLYGUY31
I also agree 100%. Nice color but not quite enough contrast with the wheels.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
I think it looks great!

My last Accord was MSM (gray) and I thought it did a decent job of hiding dirt and imperfections - yet it could look great after a nice polish and seal. Maybe not as eye-catching as a freshly polished black car but about 100 times easier to care for.

Last edited by CheeseyPoofs McNut; 08-24-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
Agreed. So much easier than black. And a nice color
Old 08-24-2017, 09:51 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
What a great colour on the A-Spec!

It's just super annoying that this colour is not available for the A-Spec in Canada...!!! I can imagine how sharp it would look with the red interior.... sigh!
The following users liked this post:
pyrodan007 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 07:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
local dealer had one with the red interior. I thought it looked awesome in person.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:06 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Its a nice color, but nothing beats Graphite Luster Metallic. Easily the best color the TLX was offered in .
Old 09-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Wish it came in silver in Aspec advance ! Acura sales manager told me they didn't do Aspec in the advance because advance didn't sell well. Sorry for thread hijack .
Old 09-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Advanced

I'm assuming Silver will most likely be an option next year or the year after.

Search this Thread