Radio Skips

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Radio Skips

I havent really had many issues with my 2015 TLX with 80k. However, one of the first world problems I have had is skipping to another preset with the steering wheel dial. Every so often, instead of skipping to the next preset, it will skip to the end of the list, or even just a random place. Anyone else deal with that?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting this is still going on. My 2009 and 12 TL both had this weird issue. my 18 tlx hasn't started yet. im not looking forward to this when it starts. Can anyone else report this is happening to them?
Old 07-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
I use that little wheel on a regular basis to switch between XM stations and this has never happened to me in over 2 years.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Not saying you don't know what it's doing -- it's your car, after all. lol. But are you sure it's randomly skipping or does it skip to the beginning of your presets?
I believe mine does this whenever I'm not on a preset station but then try to use the toggle wheel to advance to the next preset station.

Let's say these are my XM presets (they're not, so don't judge me) : 8, 10, 15, 200

If I'm on 10 and hit the toggle wheel to the right, it goes to 15 as expected.
If I'm on 10, but somewhere on my drive, I manually advance to 39, which isn't a preset, then press the toggle button to the right, I would think it would go to 200 (the next preset), but it doesn't. I think it will go back to the first preset which is 8.

It seems like if you're not on a preset and attempt to advance to the next preset higher than whatever station you're on, it doesn't work correctly. As a matter of fact,there are times where "the lady's voice" announces the first preset when I turn my car on even though that's not the station it's on. At least this is what I've narrowed it down to in my car and settings. It's been doing this for a while, but I could've sworn it didn't have this issue when I first bought the car. But maybe it has and I didn't notice it over the annoyance of the badly shifting transmission back then. lol.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
Not saying you don't know what it's doing -- it's your car, after all. lol. But are you sure it's randomly skipping or does it skip to the beginning of your presets?
I believe mine does this whenever I'm not on a preset station but then try to use the toggle wheel to advance to the next preset station.

Let's say these are my XM presets (they're not, so don't judge me) : 8, 10, 15, 200

If I'm on 10 and hit the toggle wheel to the right, it goes to 15 as expected.
If I'm on 10, but somewhere on my drive, I manually advance to 39, which isn't a preset, then press the toggle button to the right, I would think it would go to 200 (the next preset), but it doesn't. I think it will go back to the first preset which is 8.

It seems like if you're not on a preset and attempt to advance to the next preset higher than whatever station you're on, it doesn't work correctly. As a matter of fact,there are times where "the lady's voice" announces the first preset when I turn my car on even though that's not the station it's on. At least this is what I've narrowed it down to in my car and settings. It's been doing this for a while, but I could've sworn it didn't have this issue when I first bought the car. But maybe it has and I didn't notice it over the annoyance of the badly shifting transmission back then. lol.
Haha thank you for trying to help, but it happens when im on a preset. I only listen to 3 stations, all of which are on presets.

Crazy this still happens.