Production Version Photos

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonyware
The 2009 Was an ugly car?

Just like a buddy of mine who drives a volt said to me: "I get 60 mpg Tony. What do you get?"... had to say "I get laid".

(sorry I just couldn't help it )

PS. Why no more spy pics? C'mon Acura , take one out from the factory and just go shopping at a supermarket or something...

If you find the 2009 attractive, I hate to see what you are getting laid by.
The following users liked this post:
vbx (03-22-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 11:37 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Cadillac is giving the 'red carpet athlete' treatment to its ATS...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac...t-edition.html

"Cadillac has introduced a new limited-availability package for its 2014 ATS sedan, the Crimson Sport edition.

As the name implies, the new package centers around a unique Crimson Red Metallic paint. The exterior is further differentiated by 18-inch Manoogian dark-silver painted wheels and a ground effects package with a color-matched front splitter, rocker moldings, rear diffuser and spoiler.

Buyers can choose from four different interior environments, including Morello red with jet black accents; caramel with jet black accents; jet black with jet black accents; or light platinum with jet black accents. Each package offers a heated microfiber steering wheel, microfiber suede shift lever and heated front seats.

The special edition is available with the ATS's four-cylinder 2.0T engine with 272 horsepower, or the V6 3.6-liter mill that promises 321 ponies. The latter engine is available with all-wheel-drive, or with rear-wheel drive and Cadillac's Track Package refinements.

The Crimson Sport packages will be headed to showrooms later this month, with prices starting at $46,010 for the 2.0T model and $51,010 for the 3.6L Premium Collection."
Old 03-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by boe_d
I couldn't stop laughing!!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Car show prototypes come in all flavors from towed in shells to fully functioned cars & everything in-between. People who actually saw the TLX should be able to tell if it was a real cat or a styling exercise.
All I know is that there was suspiciously little overhang for a front drive car.

:-)
Old 03-22-2014, 10:45 AM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Cadillac is giving the 'red carpet athlete' treatment to its ATS...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac...t-edition.html

"Cadillac has introduced a new limited-availability package for its 2014 ATS sedan, the Crimson Sport edition.

As the name implies, the new package centers around a unique Crimson Red Metallic paint. The exterior is further differentiated by 18-inch Manoogian dark-silver painted wheels and a ground effects package with a color-matched front splitter, rocker moldings, rear diffuser and spoiler.

Buyers can choose from four different interior environments, including Morello red with jet black accents; caramel with jet black accents; jet black with jet black accents; or light platinum with jet black accents. Each package offers a heated microfiber steering wheel, microfiber suede shift lever and heated front seats.

The special edition is available with the ATS's four-cylinder 2.0T engine with 272 horsepower, or the V6 3.6-liter mill that promises 321 ponies. The latter engine is available with all-wheel-drive, or with rear-wheel drive and Cadillac's Track Package refinements.

The Crimson Sport packages will be headed to showrooms later this month, with prices starting at $46,010 for the 2.0T model and $51,010 for the 3.6L Premium Collection."
I clicked on up link and saw an ad offer of a $100 Visa gift card for to test drive any Cadillac before 3/31/14 (for non GM owners only). Hmm... might be worth checking out the ATS or CTS-V Wagon...
Old 03-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by boe_d
Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
2014 Cadillac ATS Cimarron Maroon Moron edition? hehe. Cadillac has been doing well lately. But sorry, they can't make a Cimarronesque mistake of selling their baby Caddy for $51k. That is ridiculous, who's gonna buy that? OK OK, it's loaded, I get it. Overpriced no matter what.

Nice eyes docboys. I wanted to check out the CTS V-sport anyways. $100, why not.
http://www.cadillac.com/current-offe...-zipcode=01002
Old 03-23-2014, 09:20 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
I couldn't stop laughing!!
Me too

Incidentally, I test drove a Cadillac CTS-V coupe very recently and I was impressed. I don't know what can come up, reliability-wise, for the potential owners in a year two three etc, but the drive-ability of this car left an impression on me. Even more than the Audi S5 I drove last week (I am just saying about how the car drives).

Interior: so-so, those vertical dash vents annoy me. Power: Jesus! Ride comfort: amazing (Brembo brakes, and Magnetic Ride Control make a huge difference). Steering: spectacular. Eye candy factor: It turns heads.

Acura better start catching up.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Grandpa

Incidentally, I test drove a Cadillac CTS-V coupe very recently and I was impressed.
I wonder how socially conscious are we who shop in this class.

As the latest NHTSA case unfolds and the case for criminal conspiracy appears to develop, I wonder if people will shop less for anything that says General Motors on it.

The huge recall for the ignition switches is a big deal in and of itself, but now they are talking to the Attorney General about the evidence they have that General Motors deliberately withheld certain facts and tried to conceal that people were hurt and killed because cars could not be steered, could not be braked in emergencies, and because the power was dead the air bags would not go off when the helpless drivers crashed their cars.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by George Knighton

As the latest NHTSA case unfolds and the case for criminal conspiracy appears to develop, I wonder if people will shop less for anything that says General Motors on it.

The huge recall for the ignition switches is a big deal in and of itself, but now they are talking to the Attorney General about the evidence they have that General Motors deliberately withheld certain facts and tried to conceal that people were hurt and killed because cars could not be steered, could not be braked in emergencies, and because the power was dead the air bags would not go off when the helpless drivers crashed their cars.
Luckily for GM, they have two things going for them:
1) This is still something related to "Old GM", so whether or not "New GM" knew about the issue, they can somewhat hide behind that.
2) The Toyota lawsuit could push as many consumers away from Toyota.

I'm not sure GM has anything to worry about, but I could be wrong.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by kurtatx
The Toyota scandal affects me just as badly.

In that case, Toyota obviously misled the investigators and spent a lot of money doing it, money that should have gone to the estates of victims.

I'd think twice about buying a Toyota or Lexus because of this.

There wasn't a huge turnover since then...people who countenanced this are still there.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts

In that case, Toyota obviously misled the investigators and spent a lot of money doing it, money that should have gone to the estates of victims.

There wasn't a huge turnover since then...people who countenanced this are still there.
One or two more of these across other companies and I'll be at the "trust no one" point. We already know these companies tell us as little as possible.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
George...

Without diminishing the importance of the case, I get the feeling that a bunch of lawyers smelled money and they are out to make a quick buck. Its more or less the business culture in the US. Unfortunately.

PS. By the way, I don't see Toyota/Lexus hurting.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
You really think any of these companies is going to voluntarily come out & say we screwed up? Look how long Honda/Acura has taped danced transmission problems only coming forward when sued & they got bad press.

Pinto gas tanks etc. Companies will always act in their own self interest first, just like most people do.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-23-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
You really think any of these companies is going to voluntarily come out & say we screwed up? Look how long Honda/Acura has taped danced transmission problems only coming forward when sued & they got bad press.

Pinto gas tanks etc. Companies will always act in their own self interest first, just like most people do.
Yes, I do think companies (few, not all) will voluntarily come and say they screwed up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/19/p...call-official/

Porsche has essentially come out and said they screwed up. Per article, "The loose connecting rod, Porsche found, damaged the crankcase." Though is not always the case, and Porsche is as guilty as every other company when it comes to potential recalls (ie. rampant IMS issues). For the GT3 issue though I applaud Porsche finally took matters into its own hands before people died and the government intervened.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
And you know they have not held back on others, how?

BTW its pretty hard to hide cars burning down
Porsche is making a mistake that could take years—and millions of dollars—to fix, and you might not even be aware of it. Well, that is, until now.

It started when owners noticed a phenomenon not indicative of Stuttgart's traditional German engineering: a total intermediate shaft-bearing failure within the engine, a hand-grenade effect that transformed the uber-wundercars into functioning doorstops. So prevalent were the malfunctions that owners banded together to sue Porsche.

At first, Porsche refused to take responsibility. But, with evidence mounting, Porsche acknowledged the problem. With America as Porsche's largest market, to let Boxster/911 owners twist in the wind isn't the right thing to do.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-23-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Luckily for GM, they have two things going for them:
1) This is still something related to "Old GM", so whether or not "New GM" knew about the issue, they can somewhat hide behind that.

I'm not sure GM has anything to worry about, but I could be wrong.

Remember that the Government put their guy in charge during that mess... so is the government part of the cover up?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Again, Lets get back on track. If you want to start a thread in Automotive News/Cartalk about your thoughts on GM go ahead but lets keep this out of the TLX thread which it has Nothing to do with.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
right. So back on Topic. TLX looks meh to me, although Im sure with $5-6000 dollars worth of body kit/new rims and tires it will resemble the prototype a lot more.
My 3G TL and later TL-Type S looked great right out of the box. I'm sure there will be some hardcore car guys who will shell out the extra money for that stuff, but if I'm paying 35-40K for a new car the last thing I want to do is spend even more to get it to the point where it looks how I want.
The following 5 users liked this post by SilverJ:
BEAR-AvHistory (03-24-2014), boe_d (03-24-2014), cokorote (03-24-2014), Oswald Vater (03-25-2014), relaxin (03-25-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
This is where Acura falls short. They seems to have settled on the main stream market. I still plenty of 3G Type-S on the road. They need a sport variant day one. I have said it many times. Just sell the prototype as is and I bet you attract more people in the door.
The following 4 users liked this post by KeithL:
BEAR-AvHistory (03-25-2014), cokorote (03-24-2014), Oswald Vater (03-25-2014), VR1 (03-24-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
"If I'm paying 35-40K for a new car the last thing I want to do is spend even more to get it to the point where it looks how I want."

This is the exactly the issue I am having with the production TLX and that why I'm going to wait for the Aspec or Type S version. I don't want to blow more money and don't have time to mod car.
boe_d (03-24-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts
Interior of the TLX

Could this be the new interior?
Name:  2015-acura-tlx-inside.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  115.5 KB
Old 03-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
^Trolling?

That's the RDX's interior.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts
Nah, that looks identical to the RDX interior shots found on Acura's website.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts
Also, i just realized it does not match the new color scheme. Shown is Parchment which is going away!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Packagingpro
RDX interior which was based on the old head unit. All the new Acuras have the new head unit with dual displays. It is a shame the RDX missed out as it is another 3 years before they have a full change.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SilverJ
right. So back on Topic. TLX looks meh to me, although Im sure with $5-6000 dollars worth of body kit/new rims and tires it will resemble the prototype a lot more.
My 3G TL and later TL-Type S looked great right out of the box. I'm sure there will be some hardcore car guys who will shell out the extra money for that stuff, but if I'm paying 35-40K for a new car the last thing I want to do is spend even more to get it to the point where it looks how I want.
more like 50k for a fully loaded sh-awd
Old 03-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Blue Skies

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Packagingpro
Old 03-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Me too

Incidentally, I test drove a Cadillac CTS-V coupe very recently and I was impressed. I don't know what can come up, reliability-wise, for the potential owners in a year two three etc, but the drive-ability of this car left an impression on me. Even more than the Audi S5 I drove last week (I am just saying about how the car drives).

Interior: so-so, those vertical dash vents annoy me. Power: Jesus! Ride comfort: amazing (Brembo brakes, and Magnetic Ride Control make a huge difference). Steering: spectacular. Eye candy factor: It turns heads.

Acura better start catching up.
I drove one myself, every point you make is exactly what I experienced. Only thing I could say, a shame they neutered that engine to 160 Mph a real shame. The whole car screams more I want more. I drove the car on a track, very nice experience.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by mylove4cars
I drove one myself, every point you make is exactly what I experienced. Only thing I could say, a shame they neutered that engine to 160 Mph a real shame. The whole car screams more I want more. I drove the car on a track, very nice experience.
What's the steering like on the CST-V? Is it hydraulic? Is there a lot of steering feel and weight?

One of the major negatives IMHO with the 4G TL is the EPS; very little weight and feel, very lifeless, unless one is at WOT, though it's very "laser precise."
Old 03-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by docboy
What's the steering like on the CST-V? Is it hydraulic? Is there a lot of steering feel and weight?

One of the major negatives IMHO with the 4G TL is the EPS; very little weight and feel, very lifeless, unless one is at WOT, though it's very "laser precise."
This is an Acura forum, nevertheless making a long story short about you question Caddy CTS-V

Steering speed-sensing hydraulic-assist rack-and-pinion pretty precise with a good connection to the road in other words you have a relationship with the pavement which feels tight with good control for a 4300 Lbs. car, the magnetic suspension I would say is outstanding, the manual shift is not that short then it should be, hence good enough. Torque and HP are always around if you are in need. Brakes are very good; I was able to get 60 to stop in 98 Ft which I thought was impressive for the weight of the vehicle.

Got 4.1 to 60 and ¼ mile 12.17 @ 118 mph as my best run

Enjoyable experience
Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Again, Lets get back on track. If you want to start a thread in Automotive News/Cartalk about your thoughts on GM go ahead but lets keep this out of the TLX thread which it has Nothing to do with.
My comments had to do with the proposition that shoppers in the 50K $ TLX category might be more socially conscious than marketers think.

You might recall that the 4G TL's talking points included the use of 100% "natural" and "altered natural recycled" materials, with a goal to eliminate most of the harmful gasses produced by plastics.

A certain type of social consciousness is what Acura is about. It has been that way for quite some time, and to limit a discussion about this social consciousness is to deny in the premise an advantage that is due us.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by docboy
One of the major negatives IMHO with the 4G TL is the EPS....
There might be some hope. A race driver who has driven both my 4G TL and my RLX commented very early in a mountain drive that the RLX's steering was better than the TL's steering.

The TL suffered from more than steering "feel." I got used to it and loved the car, but I have to admit that the car handled in some ways like a dedicated track car with an aggressive alignment.

You could not ignore the steering for long, and if you even thought about turning, the car went off in a new direction.

The RLX does not do that, and it has better steering feel and more progressive input.

If they were able to do that on the TLX with SH-AWD, then they've taken a leap forward.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Senior Moderator

My comments had to do with the proposition that shoppers in the 50K $ TLX category might be more socially conscious than marketers think.

You might recall that the 4G TL's talking points included the use of 100% "natural" and "altered natural recycled" materials, with a goal to eliminate most of the harmful gasses produced by plastics.

A certain type of social consciousness is what Acura is about. It has been that way for quite some time, and to limit a discussion about this social consciousness is to deny in the premise an advantage that is due us.
Oh please. This is a "Production version photos" thread. Not a talking point about GMs ignition switch issue or recall on it, and NO ONE is limiting a discussion about social consciousness or denying you of anything. All that was asked is that any discussion about something as irrelevant as a GM issue be talked about in a different/appropriate thread in cartalk.
ggesq (03-27-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Oh please. This is a "Production version photos" thread. Not a talking point about GMs ignition switch issue or recall on it, and NO ONE is limiting a discussion about social consciousness or denying you of anything. All that was asked is that any discussion about something as irrelevant as a GM issue be talked about in a different/appropriate thread in cartalk.
You know, I hate to say this, but I don't think I like the way that you handle yourself.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
You know, I hate to say this, but I don't think I like the way that you handle yourself.
Well George, we can't help it if you're always wrong....