Non Acura/TLX Purchase/Lease after the TLX reveal

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Non Acura/TLX Purchase/Lease after the TLX reveal

Many people including myself have been holding on to their decision waiting for the reveal of the TLX. Has anyone changed their mind and decided to go with another option? I know I have.

The alternate doesn't have to be an exact competitor. Could be anything.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
If I was in the market, I would be crunching numbers on a Lexus GS F Sport to see if I can afford it.
The following users liked this post:
shurik74 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by C8N
If I was in the market, I would be crunching numbers on a Lexus GS F Sport to see if I can afford it.
Have you driven it?

I test drove a 2013 GS350 AWD (not the F Sport) and let's just say my 2011 TL SH-AWD was a much superior car.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MyBlackBeauty
Have you driven it?

I test drove a 2013 GS350 AWD (not the F Sport) and let's just say my 2011 TL SH-AWD was a much superior car.
Nope... only thing I have done was to sit in it and I then saw the MSRP, drooled and went home.

I've also read some comments that the SH-AWD handled better than the regular GS AWD version but also read that F Sport was a different beast altogether.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Have you driven it?

Lol. There is a pretty big difference between the f sport and regular gs.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts
Q50 Eau Rouge
The following 2 users liked this post by potmilkz:
d1sturb3d119 (01-15-2014), Strippers4Me (01-25-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by C8N
Nope... only thing I have done was to sit in it and I then saw the MSRP, drooled and went home.

I've also read some comments that the SH-AWD handled better than the regular GS AWD version but also read that F Sport was a different beast altogether.
It's possible. Sports suspension makes a big difference. I Love the interior though, I have to give it to GS350. It's very luxurious and the seats are like a couch. Also, love the 12 inch screen. Test drive and let us know
Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by amill
Lol. There is a pretty big difference between the f sport and regular gs.
I am sure there is as reviewers have been raving about it.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by potmilkz
Q50 Eau Rouge
We are talking about cars that exist LMAO!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
OP u just got a zdx. Are u planning to trade it in? Not happy with it?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:16 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

I Love the interior though, I have to give it to GS350. It's very luxurious and the seats are like a couch. Also, love the 12 inch screen. Test drive and let us know
Yep... I also loved the interior on the GS... and I know I am in the minority but I even loved the mouse thingie

For my financial well being... I don't think I should test drive the F Sport.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mondster
OP u just got a zdx. Are u planning to trade it in? Not happy with it?
I LOVE it but I want new love now
Old 01-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Ordered my new car :)

I have placed an order for a 2014 Mercedes-Benz E250 4MATIC Bluetec with all options/packages available. It will be built to spec for me and will arrive in 3 months.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
I considered a WRX STi prior to pulling the trigger on my 2012 TL SH-AWD, but I didn't want to wait around for a used one, and buying new wasn't in my budget.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
I decided to get TLX.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't want to tell you how to spend your money but you have got to be getting killed going through cars that's quick...
iamitman (01-16-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I have placed an order for a 2014 Mercedes-Benz E250 4MATIC Bluetec with all options/packages available. It will be built to spec for me and will arrive in 3 months.
Congrats on your new purchase....its always exciting to get something new. I wish you lots of enjoyment out of your new Mercedes and please, stay a regular member and update us on it from time to time.

MyBlackBeauty (01-15-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by weather
Congrats on your new purchase....its always exciting to get something new. I wish you lots of enjoyment out of your new Mercedes and please, stay a regular member and update us on it from time to time.

Thanks. I still have my Acura for another 3 months. I will be here
Old 01-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jason60050
I don't want to tell you how to spend your money but you have got to be getting killed going through cars that's quick...
I don't want to die rich but thanks for your concern.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by yooin14
I decided to get TLX.
It's a nice looking car
Old 01-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ressling
I considered a WRX STi prior to pulling the trigger on my 2012 TL SH-AWD, but I didn't want to wait around for a used one, and buying new wasn't in my budget.
2012 TL SH-AWD is an amazing car. Enjoy
Old 01-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Have you driven it?

I have test-driven the GS F Sport. While I really liked the interior (it was beautifully designed and crafted), the noise level was not as low as I expected and I would only drive it in the Sport mode - the Sport mode was just barely that sporty but still quite nice, while the regular mode was just way too soft.

Overall, I did not see that as a huge upgrade from my 2012 TL Elite (Advance in US) and I actually like the sportiness of my SH-AWD more so I gave up that idea....

I was all set on a sporty SUV or sport wagon.... that was, until I saw this TLX!!! Now, I would like to have a RED one (like the prototype's colour) with 3.5 V6 SH-AWD!!! Yes, I did change my mind.... I was not sure about getting another Acura sedan, but now I want a TLX!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ostrich
I have test-driven the GS F Sport. While I really liked the interior (it was beautifully designed and crafted), the noise level was not as low as I expected and I would only drive it in the Sport mode - the Sport mode was just barely that sporty but still quite nice, while the regular mode was just way too soft.

Overall, I did not see that as a huge upgrade from my 2012 TL Elite (Advance in US) and I actually like the sportiness of my SH-AWD more so I gave up that idea....

I was all set on a sporty SUV or sport wagon.... that was, until I saw this TLX!!! Now, I would like to have a RED one (like the prototype's colour) with 3.5 V6 SH-AWD!!! Yes, I did change my mind.... I was not sure about getting another Acura sedan, but now I want a TLX!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
I am not surprised. The TL is a phenomenal car. The only car that I felt was better than my TL was the 2013 Audi A6 3.0T. That car is a rocket. Even the 535i isn't as responsive/fun as the TL.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Not having seen the interior and based up what I know pf the tech/specs so far Audi, BMW, Lexus, MB nor Infiniti would be rolling out of my driveway.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by compewterbleu
Not having seen the interior and based up what I know pf the tech/specs so far Audi, BMW, Lexus, MB nor Infiniti would be rolling out of my driveway.
Could you please elaborate?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:44 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I leased a 328i sportline just before this announcement, so I'll sit on the sidelines for the next 3 years. That being said, this looks like a good car, and maybe even a great car. I'll be sure to check it out once the new model kinks are worked out. If Honda/Acura incorporates some of that winning Accord Hybrid technology into a good blend performance/efficiency hybrid I'll be very interested. This and BMW have the only cars on the market that really interest me at this point. I suspect that if Tesla does come through with it's 35k entry car in 3 years as promised I'll also look very carefully at that time (till then it's just Tesla stock for me .

BMW: Really great blend of aesthetics, comfort, performance and efficiency
Mercedes: Putting out some beautiful cars lately but I don't like their interiors
Audi: Also beautiful exteriors, A4 feels a little small inside, bad lease deals, concerns about reliability (yes, even more so than BMW, which at least has the warranty support)
Infiniti: Reasonable exteriors and reasonable interiors but lost the value pitch and not it's cheaper to go BMW and for a better car at that. Also terrible fuel economy and reports of tech problems all over with the new models.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RosieQ
I leased a 328i sportline just before this announcement, so I'll sit on the sidelines for the next 3 years. That being said, this looks like a good car, and maybe even a great car. I'll be sure to check it out once the new model kinks are worked out. If Honda/Acura incorporates some of that winning Accord Hybrid technology into a good blend performance/efficiency hybrid I'll be very interested. This and BMW have the only cars on the market that really interest me at this point. I suspect that if Tesla does come through with it's 35k entry car in 3 years as promised I'll also look very carefully at that time (till then it's just Tesla stock for me .

Mercedes: Putting out some beautiful cars lately but I don't like their interiors
Audi: Also beautiful exteriors, A4 feels a little small inside, bad lease deals, concerns about reliability (yes, even more so than BMW, which at least has the warranty support)
Infiniti: Reasonable exteriors and reasonable interiors but lost the value pitch and not it's cheaper to go BMW and for a better car at that. Also terrible fuel economy and reports of tech problems all over with the new models.
Congrats on the new car. Enjoy it

My problem with BMWs is that no matter which one you sit in, they all look/feel the same. Interior wise, a 7 series is just a bigger 3 series. Exterior wise, a 5 series is just a bigger 3 series. They even look identical. I have mistaken one for the other so many times. But whatever lifts your skirt
Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 AM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
Congrats on the Benz,it is a very nice vehicle and you should enjoy it.

My son has an older C 320 and is very pleased with it .
MyBlackBeauty (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I left for Audi and have no regrets. Would I want to come back to Acura next time, maybe. The TLX styling as a prototype is nice, but we all know the front and rear fascias will be tamed down. Also the Interior will likely be RLX/MDX like and of course I expect the head unit to be similar as well. To me Acura is still catching up, sure they are getting the styling act together, but the next wave is the tech. Look at all the Tech the competitors are adding both in the way of connected apps and other car tech. Acura is doing well on the car tech, but the head unit is so antiquated. My Audi MMI is further advanced and Audi is about to roll out more advancements next year. I look at what Hyundai is showing off for the new Genesis and again Acura is lagging. If they can get the head unit more advanced then I see myself coming back, otherwise sorry probably will stay Audi or maybe even try that new Genesis.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:07 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Congrats on the E.. It's going to be a long 3 months for you...
MyBlackBeauty (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KeithL
I left for Audi and have no regrets. Would I want to come back to Acura next time, maybe. The TLX styling as a prototype is nice, but we all know the front and rear fascias will be tamed down. Also the Interior will likely be RLX/MDX like and of course I expect the head unit to be similar as well. To me Acura is still catching up, sure they are getting the styling act together, but the next wave is the tech. Look at all the Tech the competitors are adding both in the way of connected apps and other car tech. Acura is doing well on the car tech, but the head unit is so antiquated. My Audi MMI is further advanced and Audi is about to roll out more advancements next year. I look at what Hyundai is showing off for the new Genesis and again Acura is lagging. If they can get the head unit more advanced then I see myself coming back, otherwise sorry probably will stay Audi or maybe even try that new Genesis.
I have driven a 2013 A6 3.0T and it has phenomenal acceleration. Gives me that roller coaster feeling in the stomach. The only other time I felt that was in the Tesla Model S.

I had a 2014 MDX as loaner when my car was in for service for 3 weeks and the AcuraLink just sucks and when I told them, they simply agreed with me saying they have been having problems and are working on it.

Good thing they are working on it and they are aware but even if they can fix the glitches, the interface itself is just bad. The interface on upto 2013 was great.

Audi's MMI is pretty awesome

Audi is working on an android tablet in partnership with google. I bet you didn't know that
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JT4
Congrats on the E.. It's going to be a long 3 months for you...
I will be fine because I really love my ZDX and will enjoy it till then.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
The new Genesis does not do it for me. Particularly the front end, what is up with all these wide mouth grilles?? It looked cool at first but now it's on almost every car! It's a copy cat industry. Almost every manufacturer are going with the trend and not much innovation on the design side. I also find Audis rather bland in their designs. Too VWish to me. I love the technology in their cars though and I still lust over an S5 lol. Note that it is a coupe and not a 4 door.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:26 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
Q50 Eau Rouge
I'd recommend a Unicorn but not just any ol' Unicorn but one from Never-Never land. I hear they're quite easy to catch, and once "broke" quite amiable.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Have you driven it?

Your drunk.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:54 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good chance that a TLX will replace my 13 TL at lease end. Current TL feels a little too big, my 10 TSX was a little too small inside. Hoping that the TLX is just right. Main concern is the tranny, I am not happy with the 6sp auto. I hope that Acura does not have problems in this area as they have in the past. Nice styling though, conservative but muscular, particularly in the rear quarters can't wait to see it in person
Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
The cars that have fallen by the wayside for me are plenty :

IS 350 - terrible mileage and oddball looks... I still like it, but don't love it.
ATS - love the design and handling. Don't love the random issues people have and randomly bad mileage figures they get.
Q50 - love the looks, but don't want to reboot my car every few miles and hold the steering wheel sideways to go straight.

I would've been in any of these 3 cars if there hadn't been enough wrong with them for me, but alas, I waited to see what the TLX looked like and so far, I'm glad I did. I'm hoping my car hangs on for a few more months ...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sincitytsx
Your drunk.
Go learn how to spell first.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by RosieQ

I agree. I mean just look at the issues reported here on Acurazine. Why would I ever want to buy an acura after going through all of the issues and thoughts on this forum. Right? I never use forums to gauge real world problems. If you want to see what really is going on, use the NHTSA defect reporting site.

No doubt the Infiniti's offer a boat load of tech for a price, but after reading all of the information available, a Q50 hybrid would be my top contender for a replacement vehicle in this market segment.

No matter what anyone says about BMW, they have been in a resurgence. They sold almost 120K 3 and 4 series 2013.

Last edited by g37guy01; 01-19-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I will be fine because I really love my ZDX and will enjoy it till then.
The ZDX is really a very nice vehicle. It's a shame that the basic concept was so strange, and that they built the car for an audience that does not seem to really exist.

I don't think there are enough unmarried, middle aged engineers with Irish setters to have made building the ZDX a profitable venture.

But...it's hitting on all cylinders if you are somebody who can get beyond the weirdness of it.

The last year of it is an especially good buy, too. Lots of extra features and the 6 speed auto, without adding anything to the price.

Don't know why they wasted the effort improving the ZDX for its last model year, but there's a thousand of so people who are glad they did!

:-)
MyBlackBeauty (01-22-2014)

Quick Reply: Non Acura/TLX Purchase/Lease after the TLX reveal