AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   New to Acura, New to the TLX and New to Acurazine (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/new-acura-new-tlx-new-acurazine-980922/)

2020 TLX 07-11-2019 08:08 PM

New to Acura, New to the TLX and New to Acurazine

Hello everyone,

Purchased our first Acura last month, a 2020 TLX w/technology pack. I've spent the last couple of weeks learning the car inside & out and appreciate the help previous Acurazine threads have given us.

Plan to add around $2,000 worth of factory Acura accessories so any suggestions on which Acura parts websites have the largest discount?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron A 07-11-2019 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved from the New Member Introductions forum to the model specific forum.

Christopher. 07-11-2019 11:25 PM

Welcome!

I've found a a big "upgrade" for my TLX which makes it both far more exciting to drive, and, solves (IMO) an annoying and dangerous issue - best of all, it's 100% free: turn off Traction Control. Every time I get in my TLX, it goes off (press and hold the button until the amber icon appears on your dash in the gauge cluster).

There are two accessories which I added, and would do the same every time if I had to do it over: Remote Start, and OEM All Weather Floor Mats (The little TLX logo they have is kinda cool, and the fitment is great). Both are great accessories - you might need some good negotiating skills to get a fair price for the remote start though. I don't have any experience with any other Honda/Acura brand accessories that you might get for your car, so I have no advice for those, except one: the TLX does not come w/a Spare Tire so I recommend the Spare Tire kit - I do not have one yet, but I want to get one.

I particularly like the Remote Start in the winter, though I may use it later in the summer if it starts getting even hotter - I would have used it to pre-cool my car already, if I had a black (or other dark color) TLX, but I find my light silver color paint is good at not getting painfully hot in the sun.

EDIT: Oh, I realized that you didn't say, so I don't know if you have the 3.5L V6 or the 2.4L - AFAIK the turning off Traction Control thing is not as important w/the 2.4L model as it's programmed from the factory to operate in a more sporty manner (or so I've heard). I have the 3.5L V6 P-AWS Technology Package one myself - I have yet to try the SH-AWD version, so I'm not sure quite what I'm missing having gone with the P-AWS FWD version.

2020 TLX 07-12-2019 10:06 AM

Spent some time looking around the internet and found an Acura parts website, alldiscountparts.com that is run by Fisher Honda in Colorado. They seem to have some of the lowest prices and highest reviews.

Has anyone bought from them before?

9SpeedTran 07-12-2019 05:52 PM

Most important thing you can do is ditch the stock tires. I upgraded to 19" wheels as well... A number of us went with Michelin A/S 3 + tires and I have only seen glowing reports about the handling.

dezymond 07-12-2019 07:04 PM

Out of all the additional accessories, I would say Remote Start is the best. Those days where it's super hot or really cold out, comes in hand alot.

I'd also get a better set of tires. The stock tires are garbage.

2020 TLX 07-12-2019 07:29 PM

It looks like my post was confusing so let me clarify that I'm NOT looking for accessory suggestions but rather am looking for suggestions on which internet Acura parts sources have the best prices.

Sorry for the confusion.

neuronbob 07-13-2019 06:18 AM

Welcome to AZ. I use acurapartsforless.com, a site vendor, for all my parts. Since I also have a NSX, I am forever buying parts from them. They often have the lowest price and sometimes have discount promotions. I highly recommend.

BEAR-AvHistory 07-13-2019 11:31 AM

Enjoy the forum. Think N-Bob has the best suggestion for parts. You did not say what flavor your TLX is, I4 or V6, but tires & brake pads are a good start.

CheeseyPoofs McNut 07-14-2019 09:49 AM

Welcome aboard!

ggesq 07-20-2019 05:31 PM

Welcome to Acurazine!