AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Leaving the family (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/leaving-family-978010/)

FLYGUY31 03-17-2019 08:00 AM

Leaving the family

After 24 years, I’m finally leaving the Acura family. I was really hoping to wait for the new TLX, but the timing just didn’t work out. I’ve been researching for the better part of two years and just kept coming back to the A4. I even considered the RDX, but I don’t need a bigger car and the mileage just wasn’t where I need it to be. I got what I thought was a good price for the A4 which is a premium plus with cold weather package and the BO sound system. My actual car will be delivered next week. Right now I’m going to hold on to my TSX with 160k and use it as a second car (if the insurance isn’t crazy carrying 2 cars). If not I have a few buyers already lined up for it.

I will continue to follow all the Acura threads and maybe one day be back in the Acura fold. I have nothing but great things to say about my past purchases.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...bde0021ad.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...51f93f130.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...e47549d0b.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...b269190eb.jpeg

neuronbob 03-17-2019 10:52 AM

A4 is always a solid choice. Congrats.

FLYGUY31 03-17-2019 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by neuronbob (Post 16399342)
A4 is always a solid choice. Congrats.

Thank you!

Denali05 03-17-2019 11:25 AM

Congrats on the purchase! Good color choice too! :)

FLYGUY31 03-17-2019 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Denali05 (Post 16399352)
Congrats on the purchase! Good color choice too! :)

Thanks. I struggled with the choice. But it looked really sharp. I’m leaving a silver for another silver. Consistency at is best.

Denali05 03-17-2019 01:49 PM

I don't think you'll be disappointed. The virtual cockpit and Audi MMI system is one of the best features of the car, very usable as well. It will be quite a positive change, especially if you are coming from a 2nd gen TSX.

FLYGUY31 03-17-2019 02:12 PM

That’s one of the best things about waiting almost 10 years for a new car. The tech is light years ahead of where it was (and getting even better). I rented an A4 last summer for 4 days in Tampa through Silvercar. So I’m not going in totally blind. I’m looking forward to learning all the ins and outs. The head unit was the biggest reason I had to move away from Acura. Even if the new TLX goes with the TTI, I’m not sure I would like it as much as the MMI.

TLX17 03-17-2019 04:43 PM

Nice!! I left my TLX for an A4 and couldn't have been happier. Acura is good but Audi is amazing. Congrats

TSXV6Guy 03-18-2019 05:27 AM

Congrats! I am also eying an Audi as my next car (in 2021). While my TLX is solid, the infotainment / navi interface and, especially, the transmission behavior are a turn off.
I feel the same re: the TTI interface. I yet have to try it properly, but it if anything like the Lexus "mouse", it will be a deal breaker for me.

BEAR-AvHistory 03-18-2019 10:39 AM

Congratulations, very nice car.

ESHBG 03-18-2019 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by FLYGUY31 (Post 16399397)
That’s one of the best things about waiting almost 10 years for a new car. The tech is light years ahead of where it was (and getting even better). I rented an A4 last summer for 4 days in Tampa through Silvercar. So I’m not going in totally blind. I’m looking forward to learning all the ins and outs. The head unit was the biggest reason I had to move away from Acura. Even if the new TLX goes with the TTI, I’m not sure I would like it as much as the MMI.

Congrats! I agree and when I move away from my TSX Tech pretty much anything will be a big jump, an Audi is on my list too.

hadokenuh 03-18-2019 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by FLYGUY31 (Post 16399306)
After 24 years, I’m finally leaving the Acura family. I was really hoping to wait for the new TLX, but the timing just didn’t work out. I’ve been researching for the better part of two years and just kept coming back to the A4. I even considered the RDX, but I don’t need a bigger car and the mileage just wasn’t where I need it to be. I got what I thought was a good price for the A4 which is a premium plus with cold weather package and the BO sound system. My actual car will be delivered next week. Right now I’m going to hold on to my TSX with 160k and use it as a second car (if the insurance isn’t crazy carrying 2 cars). If not I have a few buyers already lined up for it.

I will continue to follow all the Acura threads and maybe one day be back in the Acura fold. I have nothing but great things to say about my past purchases.

I don't blame you at all. Many Acura owners have switch to Audi and there is a good reason for that. Congrats on your new car!

Did you check out the S5 Sportback? I am curious what you think about the A4 vs. the S5 SB. Thanks.

ESHBG 03-18-2019 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by hadokenuh (Post 16399710)
I don't blame you at all. Many Acura owners have switch to Audi and there is a good reason for that. Congrats on your new car!

Did you check out the S5 Sportback? I am curious what you think about the A4 vs. the S5 SB. Thanks.

I was wondering this also, the Sportback is right up my alley.

FLYGUY31 03-18-2019 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by ESHBG (Post 16399817)
I was wondering this also, the Sportback is right up my alley.

I didn't drive the SB, but the back seat takes a little hit with the hatch. I also felt it was lower than the A4. I do like the look, but end of the day I don't need the extra space and the cost was a little higher. The A4 is so close in size to the TSX it just felt "right". I love the TSX's size...not too big and not too small. It's easy to drive. I felt the A4 is nice combo of sport and luxury. I really wanted to wait for the new TLX, but hearing it's still another year away, just put a damper on it. I usually try to keep my cars a long time (9 years so far with the TSX), but who knows. I'm not leasing and maybe in a few years I jump back to Acura. It's always been a great car for me.

FLYGUY31 03-18-2019 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory (Post 16399691)
Congratulations, very nice car.

Thank you!

dmski 03-18-2019 05:50 PM

TSX was a solid car for Acura, no doubt. Are you planning to keep the A4 for ten years as well? I wonder if Acura will ever get Audi customers jumping ship when the next gen TLX comes out. Not going to hold my breath on this one. Acura new car launches have been brutal lately and can't be trusted anymore especially when they will launch with an all new powertrain.

FLYGUY31 03-18-2019 05:59 PM

Only time will tell how long I keep it. Audi reliability is getting better, but nothing will beat my TSX. Zero issues.
I have to think next TLX will be a winner. It needs to be. Yes the MDX and RDX are their bread and butter. But a brand with history and a legacy like Acura need a good sport sedan. All they need to do is look at their competition. I know people love a NA engine, but that’s not the norm now. They need to get with current trends which include a much better head unit which is a big let down in its current vehicles except the RDX.

Denali05 03-18-2019 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by FLYGUY31 (Post 16399397)

Audi, in my opinion, has one of the best instrument clusters in the industry at the moment. I have the ability to configure the virtual cockpit with information that actually matters to driving without the clutter of needless information. I can appreciate the direction Acura is going in the new RDX, but I definitely wish for a larger LCD cluster so the information can be spread out. After driving a 2019 RDX loaner for a few days, I found it difficult to read information from the LCD screen and I wouldn't say my eyes are terrible.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...7a9c54f853.jpg

Midnight Mystery 03-18-2019 08:07 PM

Nice! You're still in the Acura family by having the TSX, plus you're alwayd welcome here!!!

Spoiler

FLYGUY31 03-18-2019 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16400024)
Nice! You're still in the Acura family by having the TSX, plus you're alwayd welcome here!!!

Spoiler

That’s true! And lol. That’s funny

hadokenuh 03-19-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Denali05 (Post 16400013)
Audi, in my opinion, has one of the best instrument clusters in the industry at the moment. I have the ability to configure the virtual cockpit with information that actually matters to driving without the clutter of needless information. I can appreciate the direction Acura is going in the new RDX, but I definitely wish for a larger LCD cluster so the information can be spread out. After driving a 2019 RDX loaner for a few days, I found it difficult to read information from the LCD screen and I wouldn't say my eyes are terrible.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...7a9c54f853.jpg

That's an awesome interface. No doubt Audi has nailed it. I am still skeptical with Audi's reliability despite recent studies. Need another 5 years of consistent studies until I actually will buy one. But Audis are nice, well built, fun and refined.

I can still remember back in 2006, Acura had the best Nav headunit/software in the industry :(

TSXV6Guy 03-19-2019 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by hadokenuh (Post 16400203)
[...] i am still skeptical with audi's reliability despite recent studies. Need another 5 years of consistent studies until i actually will buy one. But audis are nice, well built, fun and refined. [...

+1!

BC01191980 03-19-2019 09:54 PM

My a5 sb is a year old and I enjoy it a lot. I forgot I even had a tlx for 3 years.

cruiserchuck 03-19-2019 10:09 PM

Congratulations! I also went from a TSX to an A4, and have been very pleased so far.

I also like the looks of the new 2019 BMW 330i, and will look at that when my lease is up later this year. Too bad Acura has nothing to offer to compete with Audi/BMW at this time regarding sedans.

FLYGUY31 03-20-2019 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by cruiserchuck (Post 16400480)
Congratulations! I also went from a TSX to an A4, and have been very pleased so far.

I also like the looks of the new 2019 BMW 330i, and will look at that when my lease is up later this year. Too bad Acura has nothing to offer to compete with Audi/BMW at this time regarding sedans.

Thanks. The TSX has been a rock and still runs great. But I’m really looking forward to the new tech and having a more powerful engine. I went from the TL ( I totaled it) to the TSX, and it was hard getting used to it’s lower HP. BMWs are nice. But for what I want, the cost just gets too high the way I would want it configured.

neuronbob 03-20-2019 10:41 PM

I’m looking at a RS5 Sportback as next daily driver, though I could “settle” for a S5 SB.

JT4 03-26-2019 07:24 AM

I think I've already congratulated you on AW, so congrats again on the A4.. :thumbsup:

someguy11 03-26-2019 07:35 AM

Congrats. What a gorgeous new ride! The TSX was a nice little car, but this A4 will be like driving a space shuttle in comparison. Solid, comfortable and loaded with technology.

FLYGUY31 03-26-2019 08:15 AM

Thank you..I've only driven it for a couple hours so far since the weekend. I'm still driving the TSX until next weekend and it's transferred to my friend who bought it. The A4 is sweet and I'm looking forward to a lot of hours driving it. But one day, I could be back in the Acura fold if something really nice comes out...and I think that will happen.

Midnight Mystery 03-27-2019 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by FLYGUY31 (Post 16403441)
Thank you..I've only driven it for a couple hours so far since the weekend. I'm still driving the TSX until next weekend and it's transferred to my friend who bought it. The A4 is sweet and I'm looking forward to a lot of hours driving it. But one day, I could be back in the Acura fold if something really nice comes out...and I think that will happen.

Let's hope so! :wish:

justnspace 03-27-2019 07:24 AM

wow! Audi's are beautiful cars!
Conrats OP!!!!

Beached 03-27-2019 07:27 PM

Beautiful spec. Having had a 2007 A4 and 2013 328i, I can tell you that you’ll LOVE the turbo, acceleration and Audi infotainment. Congrats!

Midnight Mystery 03-28-2019 12:21 AM

Enough about the cars, did you leave your family yet?

FLYGUY31 03-28-2019 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16404313)
Enough about the cars, did you leave your family yet?

After this week, I just might!

Midnight Mystery 03-28-2019 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by FLYGUY31 (Post 16404324)
After this week, I just might!

:rofl:

drewba 03-28-2019 10:01 PM

Congrats on the new car! I did the same thing back in 2016, going from a 2005 TSX to an A4 Premium Plus. I'm just shy of 25K miles now and the A4 has been rock solid reliable so far. If something happened to the A4, I'd buy one again; it's been great.

CybrRdr 03-29-2019 01:25 PM

Congrats! You made a wise choice getting an Audi over a TLX. I traded my TSX for a TLX a couple years ago. My TSX was rock solid. My TLX on the other hand has been to the dealership too many times for warranty services and now I'm dealing with more transmission issues. I used to believe in brand loyalty, owned a Honda/Acura since 1996, but my TLX is most likely my last Honda vehicle too... unless they come out with something that really impresses me.

thoiboi 03-29-2019 01:51 PM

:cya:

I don't think you made an unwise choice :thumbsup: