Jalopnik's '18 TLX A-Spec review: Slow shifting, is it really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by MTD
College girls should stick to reviewing shoes. Her bad points are kinda valid but she makes no mention at all of anything else. Has she even driven a 15-17 for comparison? What is she babbling on about the brakes and the IDS modes? They have nothing in common.

She sounds like the most of the usual 5-6 anti Acura goofs on this forum lol.
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Wow. So...that happened. There's casual sexism and then there's that garbage.
Hah, maybe @MTD was saying she should be reviewing wheels and tires? Or maybe brake shoes? <ducking and running>
Old 09-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
But she did have enough sense to know something was wrong with the car. Another point more women are buying cars then ever before & most are not technically astute.

They do know when something is not right though. The car could fail the typical try & buy ride.

Chalk up another lady buying a Lexus ES instead.

Alanis King - Autoweek

July 2015 – Present (2 years 3 months)Contribution:
- Weekly written 'Racing Roundup' piece for online publication, recapping events from major motorsports series such as NASCAR K&N Pro Series, ARCA, NHRA, Red Bull Global Rallycross, Moto GP, World Rally Championship, and the like
- Written articles for publication in select print editions of Autoweek Magazine

Young writer just starting out. Wonder if the more experienced editors let the why slip by?
Yes, it certainly read that way. Still, the writing is about par with the average auto-journo, which isn't saying much. My favorite top writers typically appear on Road & Track: Sam Smith, Peter Egan, Jack Baruth, Brendan Mcaleer. And Rob Siegel of BMW fame.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,416 Likes on 1,868 Posts
Jalopnik doesn't have a whole lot of experienced car people. Most of them are hipsters who take the subway into NYC and don't drive a whole lot.

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-27-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy
Yes, it certainly read that way. Still, the writing is about par with the average auto-journo, which isn't saying much. My favorite top writers typically appear on Road & Track: Sam Smith, Peter Egan, Jack Baruth, Brendan Mcaleer. And Rob Siegel of BMW fame.
peter Egan is amazing

Jack Baruth "I am so hot I bang single moms three times a day," garbage gets boring
Old 09-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2012wagon
peter Egan is amazing

Jack Baruth "I am so hot I bang single moms three times a day," garbage gets boring
Yes, JB tends to brag too much. I think he's toned it down some. But he often offers counter-intuitive or counter-trend thoughts which I appreciate. I don't always agree with him, but it's food for thought.