It's Gone - Sad and Happy

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
It's Gone - Sad and Happy

We turned in our ''15 TLX Tech on Tuesday, fighting back strong pressure from the dealer to lease another one, plus Acura incentives. My wife loved the Black Copper Pearl color and I loved the well-balanced handling with the 4-cyl., just a fun car to drive with good-enough luxury. But sadly it was just to low for both me and my wife. Aging hips made it difficult to enter/exit.

That and she wants us to get back to one car. We'll see how long that lasts.

Happy? More money for travel and less for insurance and maintenance. Plus more wiggle room in the garage.

An era ends. Crossovers from now on. We'll be over in the RDX forum.
The following 3 users liked this post by CanTex:
F23A4 (09-11-2017), hadokenuh (09-08-2017), mapleloaf (10-05-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I am counting the 13 months and 1 week until I turn mine in. Nothing dealer will do will put me in another one. I don't care how improved MMC is the crappy tranny has me cursing this car almost everyday. But good luck, wife has had multiple RDXs and they are solid. We are looking forward to the next FMC RDX as I am hoping to see all round cameras, LCD dash and better infotainment system. The wife likes the look of the Lexus RX350, but priced right you are $10K over and RDX.
The following 3 users liked this post by KeithL:
2012wagon (09-08-2017), pyrodan007 (09-08-2017), Rocket_man (09-10-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by CanTex
We turned in our ''15 TLX Tech on Tuesday, fighting back strong pressure from the dealer to lease another one, plus Acura incentives.
Just curious, how good were the offers for 18 TLX? Based on the past 3 months of disappointing sales, deals should be much more aggressive.

Not that I currently care, offered nothing when I went over 2 months ago. Deep down, Acura is getting it's karma from the 15 TLX owners. Decrease in sales must also be related to the lease returns and walk aways of the V6s.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
We're out of town and nowhere near the paperwork. Something like last two months of lease payments waived, $350 turn in fee waived, the number $750 is in there somewhere, no security deposit, under-mileage up to 15K miles gets added to your new lease, over-mileage is waived to some extent, minor damage waived. Probably other stuff.

i saw a happy couple buying an RLX - a rare sight indeed. And they have sold 2 NSXs in the last month. RDXs and MDXs continue rolling out the door. ILX? What's that?

The residual is $22,629, more than the Internet discount price. Since the car is in pristine condition I could see the dealer selling it but they would have to pay the residual. No profit in that. So the car goes to auction, where it might go for up to $18,500 to $19,000, the difference being Acura Financial's loss. Looks like all those industry-wide lease deals are "coming home to roost"

Last edited by CanTex; 09-08-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:26 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
im about 8 months from my lease to end, am i need to be aware of something when returning the car? any charges besides if i put more miles to the car than the contract said?
Old 10-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I leased a '15 SH AWD Tech and then a '16 of same model after the first was rear-ended. I was never crazy about the car mechanically, but the smooth and quiet ride and comfortable seats sold both my wife and me. Before the TLX, I drove a Mercedes C class coupe which had firmer seats, and a ride to match - I cringed anytime I approached even a small pot hole. That said, I simply loved that car mechanically - acceleration was smooth and prompt, and the trans found the right gear all the time. As we are both disappointed with the performance of the TLX, we shopped around for another awd car with similar ride and comfort but better performance for my wife to lease. We landed on a Cadillac ATS 4 sedan. I was surprised that the 2.0 L turbo 4 cyl, which is in the same price range as the TLX AWD Tech, felt as spirited as it does. In addition, being based on a rear-drive platform, its handling feels better balanced and less front heavy. It is a bit smaller, but at 6 feet tall, I find it comfortable. It is definitely worth a look, as long as you are not averse to American cars.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
The wife likes the look of the Lexus RX350, but priced right you are $10K over and RDX.
Lexus wants you yo buy an NX, but I'd rather suggest leasing a Caddy CT5. very nice.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
I am counting the 13 months and 1 week until I turn mine in. Nothing dealer will do will put me in another one. I don't care how improved MMC is the crappy tranny has me cursing this car almost everyday. But good luck, wife has had multiple RDXs and they are solid. We are looking forward to the next FMC RDX as I am hoping to see all round cameras, LCD dash and better infotainment system. The wife likes the look of the Lexus RX350, but priced right you are $10K over and RDX.
Wife just sold her 2014 Lexus RX350 after only a year and a half partly due to the fact that you see one on every street corner in every state. It was solid and predictable with good practicality. We replaced it with the discontinued ZDX and she couldn't be happier, best interior and sound system Acura has ever produced and can go months and months without ever seeing one on the road.