Indications of cruise control on off - owners manual issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 01:43 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indications of cruise control on off - owners manual issue?

I have experimented with the cruise control on my 16 TLX w advance package. When I use the "main" pushbutton the LKAS and ACC lights illuminate and the car will go into cruise with no issue. I can also turn off the ACC and LKAS. My question - the owners manual (pg 84) states that when I press the "Main" pb I should bet a "Cruise Main" indicator, and when it is in cruise control I should get a "Cruise Control" indicator.
The only tactile feedback I get when the Main pb is pushed is the ACC and LKAS lights illuminating. When the cruise is on, I get the vehicle icon.
Am I reading the owners manual too literally?

TIA,
Nick
Old 05-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
Yep sounds right. MAIN just turns on the ability to activate it, and as you said puts the green ACC and LKAS on your dash. Thats all. Technically you can leave that on 100% of the time and never touch it.

When you get to your desired speed to activate the adaptive cruise control his the SET button and the icon will appear. If its hollow no car is detected if its a picture of a car its detecting the car infront of you, and you push the button on the bottom of the steering wheel to control the distance. Thats it!
The following users liked this post:
nick7714 (05-08-2017)