How many are still waiting???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
How many are still waiting???

I was just wondering how many of the forum members are like me - still waiting for their TLX to be delivered? I ordered mine on August 28th - V6, sh-awd, slate silver metallic, greystone. The first delivery date I was told was October. The date has kept moving out and is now January. In the mean time all I can do is read about other people's experiences and opinions on this forum. I especially like to read about all the good features people like and how pleased they are with their TLX.

Am I the only one who has to sit around reading what others have to say or are there others like me who are still waiting - especially those who ordered under the Advantage program?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary3N
I was just wondering how many of the forum members are like me - still waiting for their TLX to be delivered? I ordered mine on August 28th - V6, sh-awd, slate silver metallic, greystone. The first delivery date I was told was October. The date has kept moving out and is now January. In the mean time all I can do is read about other people's experiences and opinions on this forum. I especially like to read about all the good features people like and how pleased they are with their TLX.

Am I the only one who has to sit around reading what others have to say or are there others like me who are still waiting - especially those who ordered under the Advantage program?
That's a long wait. You better get some extra incentives or $ off or something to compensate for waiting this long.
I'm still waiting too.................... For the 2016s!!! Waiting to see if acura will address the 1st year problems or if there are any additional changes/options/standards new for 2016.

Good luck on your wait. Maybe they forgot about your order.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
From what I know, the slate silver SH-AWD has been the last to be built.

I do understand the long wait. I have mine 4 weeks now, ordered in July.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kongx7
That's a long wait. You better get some extra incentives or $ off or something to compensate for waiting this long.
I'm still waiting too.................... For the 2016s!!! Waiting to see if acura will address the 1st year problems or if there are any additional changes/options/standards new for 2016.

Good luck on your wait. Maybe they forgot about your order.

I probably won't know about the $$$ issue until the car finally gets to the dealership. It is still under the Advantage program so there will at least be that discount.

There is still a factory order number - so I think the wait is mainly due to the way Acura builds cars in batches of colors and packages.

As far as 2016 models - I can't wait that long.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
From what I know, the slate silver SH-AWD has been the last to be built.

I do understand the long wait. I have mine 4 weeks now, ordered in July.

I followed the saga of your new car delivery on the forum. It seems you also had an exceptionally long wait - and a lot of twists along the way. Glad to read that you feel the TLX was worth the wait.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Suzuka Master

I followed the saga of your new car delivery on the forum. It seems you also had an exceptionally long wait - and a lot of twists along the way. Glad to read that you feel the TLX was worth the wait.
Oh yeah, mine was well worth the wait. I love the car, more every day.

I hope you get your soon. I drove a SH-AWD tech with Greystone. Very nice combo! Is yours an Advance?
Old 01-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Advanced

Oh yeah, mine was well worth the wait. I love the car, more every day.

I hope you get your soon. I drove a SH-AWD tech with Greystone. Very nice combo! Is yours an Advance?
Yes - -mine is an Advance package. For quite a while I have been following what models are available nationwide using Cars.com. At first it did not list any sh-awd models at all. Then it listed some but only the base and tech versions. Then it got some Advance models - but not in the slate silver metallic. Now I see there are 4 or 5 in the US that are silver, sh-awd Advance - but most have the black interior. Hopefully Acura will build more soon in the color combo I desire.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts

Yeah, that's a bit of a wait. On the plus side the claim date for the TLX Advantage program has been extended to Feb. 2nd. Also, it might be helpful to remember that although you placed the order early, it was not available for dealers to order at that time. They probably held your order till it was on the order sheet from Acura.
The following users liked this post:
Gary3N (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Sounds like the plight of the Ferrari owners..with that kinda wait time! WOW
Old 01-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
I'm in a wait pattern also. In early December, my dealer had a BWP/Ebony I4 Tech on his list of cars to be delivered to him (maybe an "order sheet" or something?). So I committed to buying it. It's to be built in late January (he had the actual date) and delivered a couple of weeks later. So I'm expecting to hear a status by end of January.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wlkeel
I'm in a wait pattern also. In early December, my dealer had a BWP/Ebony I4 Tech on his list of cars to be delivered to him (maybe an "order sheet" or something?). So I committed to buying it. It's to be built in late January (he had the actual date) and delivered a couple of weeks later. So I'm expecting to hear a status by end of January.
Yours is a more common color/feature combination so hopefully it will come through according to the schedule you were given.
wlkeel (01-09-2015)
Old 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you should have had yours already. 90 day wait MAX.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gary, so sorry to hear that you are still waiting, it will be worth it!
Let us know when you take delivery, MyBest, Randy
Old 01-31-2015, 03:22 PM
Advanced

I just got a call from the dealer - my car will arrive at the dealership in the second week of February! At last!!! That will be 5 1/2 months since I ordered the car. The car has been built (they have a VIN), allocated to them and is now in shipping status.

I have not updated this forum topic for a while since I had nothing concrete to say. I have been in discussion with the salesman, sales manager and Acura Customer Relations. They in turn have been in touch with the district sales manager and (I believe) someone on the production side of the business. ACR says the Advantage program will have expired but they will still honor the program terms for me.

Now it is time to order my WeatherTech floor liners. I also need to decide if I am going to upgrade from the factory Goodyear tires to the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. My main concern being the ride harshness and noise compared to the Goodyears.

I have been waiting and anticipating for soooo long. Hopefully the TLX will live up to my expectations.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Back when I bought my '12 TL, I had the dealer swap out the OEM Goodyears for a set of Conti DWS tires. The Dealer actually bought he Goodyears from me so that help to offset the cost of the Contis. Maybe your dealer would do the same....?
Gary3N (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 06:54 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Oddly enough, August 28th was the day I bought my car. Wow... that's a long wait.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I also need to decide if I am going to upgrade from the factory Goodyear tires to the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. My main concern being the ride harshness and noise compared to the Goodyears.
I was also concerned about the OEM Goodyear tires and spoke to the dealer and some tire shops about the possibility of an exchange for Michelin AS/3 or some other tire. I called my brother several times and he spoke to someone who was involved in the selection process and I was told that the Goodyear tire was the best overall (Ride, Handling, Performance, Fuel Economy......) so I'm going to wait a while and make my own observations.

Can anyone who currently has their TLX chime in on what they think of the OEM tires or if they've already changed?
Old 02-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Suzuka Master

I just got a call from the dealer - my car will arrive at the dealership in the second week of February! At last!!! That will be 5 1/2 months since I ordered the car. The car has been built (they have a VIN), allocated to them and is now in shipping status.

I have not updated this forum topic for a while since I had nothing concrete to say. I have been in discussion with the salesman, sales manager and Acura Customer Relations. They in turn have been in touch with the district sales manager and (I believe) someone on the production side of the business. ACR says the Advantage program will have expired but they will still honor the program terms for me.

Now it is time to order my WeatherTech floor liners. I also need to decide if I am going to upgrade from the factory Goodyear tires to the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. My main concern being the ride harshness and noise compared to the Goodyears.

I have been waiting and anticipating for soooo long. Hopefully the TLX will live up to my expectations.
Tick tock! Your arrival time is close!
Old 02-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Advanced

Tick tock! Your arrival time is close!
My car is currently sitting at the dealer. It is getting the delivery inspection and having my options installed. It should be ready for pickup on Monday or Tuesday. And they are honoring the "old" pre price increase price. They are also honoring the Acura Advantage program even though it has expired. That is the good news.

The not so good news. They would do nothing to help me change from the stock Goodyear tires to some Continentals. Also, the Acura Advantage program states "dealerships will need to absorb the installation costs of the accessories purchased through the client's Personalization Allowance as participation in the promotion". The dealer interprets this to mean that they need to charge the customer for installation of accessories to recover their accessory installation costs since Acura will not reimburse them. No matter how I argued that point (based on what others have said on this subject on AcuraZine) they would not budge.

And finally, I traded in my 2010 Acura TSX V-6 with tech package. I almost walked out the door when they presented their trade in value. It was way below the Kelly Blue Book trade in value. They provide 2 printouts (one from KBB and one from another site) of the trade in value. Then I noticed that one of the quotes was for a base TSX without the V6 or tech package. They redid that quote. But the number on the KBB quote was still way below the KBB reports I have run. I got them to toss in a bit more money and finally agreed to trade in my TSX.

I have considered talking to the owner of the dealership and/or to Acura Customer Relations about some of these items. But I do not want to create a really bad relationship with this dealer since I still get my cars serviced there. This is the 3rd new Acura I have purchased from that dealership in the last 5 years. I have had a pretty good opinion of the dealership as a whole. But with this transaction they have alienated me to the point that next time I will probably go looking for a different dealer. And I will NEVER again trade in a car at a dealer.

I am trying to stay positive and focus on finally getting my new TLX. I am about half way through reading the owners and navigation manuals. Just another day or two and the 5 month wait will be over.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ Delighted to see the wait is over. I am sorry for the few 'not as good as it could have been' experience with the dealership. The part about the tire, I do get that part and you would have to be a great dealership to offer this sort of deal to a customer.

The part about the accessories....I am with you on that one.

Trades are never good regardless of how you look at them...it far better to do a private sale but the problem with those is you have a specific vehicle in mind, the chances of having the stars lining up is very difficult. That is partly why I would rather lease my vehicles....Sure I lose money but by the time you factor the extra money you paid on the purchase and the money you lose on the trade, I would argue that the difference isn't all that significant....if any!

For me, I always do a 4 year lease and able to walk away after 3 with no penalty...The payment is lower and every 3 years I get a new car. I would only consider buying a vehicle under the following conditions:

1. It is a very exotic/rare car (NSX for example) OR
2. I keep it for at least 6-7 years OR
3. The lease rate is so high that I would buy it cash at 0% and pay myself back.

Otherwise, lease is my favorite option...for me that is.
Gary3N (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

The not so good news. They would do nothing to help me change from the stock Goodyear tires to some Continentals. Also, the Acura Advantage program states "dealerships will need to absorb the installation costs of the accessories purchased through the client's Personalization Allowance as participation in the promotion". The dealer interprets this to mean that they need to charge the customer for installation of accessories to recover their accessory installation costs since Acura will not reimburse them. No matter how I argued that point (based on what others have said on this subject on AcuraZine) they would not budge.
The Personalization Allowance specifically states that it is for parts only. Who pays the labor is not (technically) Program Headquarters concern. They will only reimburse the parts cost.

However, your are correct to focus on the positive, it sounds like they're doing their best to help you out. So many have turned 'free parts' into a negative, it's downright amazing.
Stew4HD (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by weather
^^ Delighted to see the wait is over. I am sorry for the few 'not as good as it could have been' experience with the dealership. The part about the tire, I do get that part and you would have to be a great dealership to offer this sort of deal to a customer.

The part about the accessories....I am with you on that one.

Trades are never good regardless of how you look at them...it far better to do a private sale but the problem with those is you have a specific vehicle in mind, the chances of having the stars lining up is very difficult. That is partly why I would rather lease my vehicles....Sure I lose money but by the time you factor the extra money you paid on the purchase and the money you lose on the trade, I would argue that the difference isn't all that significant....if any!

For me, I always do a 4 year lease and able to walk away after 3 with no penalty...The payment is lower and every 3 years I get a new car. I would only consider buying a vehicle under the following conditions:

1. It is a very exotic/rare car (NSX for example) OR
2. I keep it for at least 6-7 years OR
3. The lease rate is so high that I would buy it cash at 0% and pay myself back.

Otherwise, lease is my favorite option...for me that is.
Thanks for your feedback. I am too close to this situation and it is helpful to have feedback from someone not closely involved in the deal.

I am disappointed but understand the dealer's stance on the tire swap. My biggest frustration is the trade in. I have always sold or junked my used cars in the past so this experience is new to me.

I tend to keep my cars for 10+ years so outright purchase is best for me vs lease. But I can certainly understand the advantages of being able to easily walk away from an expired lease. I fully intended to keep the TSX for many more years. But lately I have been longing for a quieter, smoother ride with more technology features. Then the TLX came out and I "had to " make the change.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
TLX V6 Advance

Sorry to hear about all your troubles.

Mine came with Bridgestone Potenza's - FYI. I'm pretty sure that the I4's come with Goodyear. I wholeheartedly agree with you on the Cont DWS, however - I had them on my TL, and they're great. Unfortunately, when I checked as I got this car, they don't make them in the TLX V6 size.

One other thing you should be aware of, and will probably make you mad - it infuriated me - the Advance package comes with only one remote start remote.

Enjoy the car.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ If you are planning on keeping long term, then for sure, buying is the way to go. I tend to change often so to me, that is why leasing is my preferred option.

I sincerely hope your TLX will bring you lots of joy and years of trouble-free miles...I think you know that I am a little concerned about some of the issues some TLX owners have had. The TSX is a great car (owned the 1G and 2G) and while the TLX is a more refined, more mature and quiet car, it has had some teething issues.

I am sincere and genuine when I say this...I hope you will not miss your TSX as some have missed their TL and such. Not trying to spread FUD, just making sure that you are not jumping in without being aware....
Old 02-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Colin
The Personalization Allowance specifically states that it is for parts only. Who pays the labor is not (technically) Program Headquarters concern. They will only reimburse the parts cost.

However, your are correct to focus on the positive, it sounds like they're doing their best to help you out. So many have turned 'free parts' into a negative, it's downright amazing.

Thanks for the update on who pays the installation cost. From previous threads I was under the impression that my dealer was not honoring the Advantage program terms. I am glad you set me straight.

I have finished reading all the manuals. I am itching to get my hands on the new car!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Racer

I have experienced the same things as you in regards to the trade in value and swapping of the tires.

Very early in the process I tried the online trade in value tool on a local dealer's website. It was so low I was actually insulted. Then began the barrage of e-mails from all the local dealers (there are 4 in the state and 3 of them contacted me). 1 dealer told me that they would give me KBB fair trade in value plus 20% which seemed very fair to me. I currently have an 08 Cadillac CTS and I wanted to trade it in to be done and bring the cost down, but then the dealer quoted me "their KBB" data and it was several thousand dollars lower. I contacted the dealerships several times and spoke to many different people....... long story short I'll hold onto my car and sell it outright in the spring.

On the tires, the dealer would only offer me $25 per tire and they wanted $150 to swap the tires. Needless to say, I'll find out how good the Goodyears are. I will upgrade to 19 or 20 inch wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires for the summer months.

Also, congrats on getting your car this week, I hope mine isn't too far behind.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Suzuka Master

A dealer would have to buy the requested tires. The old 'take-offs' can't be sold as 'new' under any circumstances so what can they do other than charge? Would you be upset of you bought a set of tires but later found out they came off someone elses car? IMO, your best bet is to sell them yourself, in our region, most 'take-offs' are good for ~$100 each.
Edward'TLS (02-09-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

According to a document titled "Acura Advantage TLX Acura Advantage- AP-B26 and AP-B26a Frequently Asked Questions", (which was distributed to the dealerships), there is the following question/answer:

It would seem to me that this is saying that the dealer must not charge the client for installation costs, and that each person is entitled to $500 (at MSRP) of accessories WITHOUT the installation costs added on. That's how I would interpret the language above that "dealerships ... absorb installation costs..."

I would discuss this with ACR if your dealer is insisting that the client pays for installation of any accessory under this program.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ and somewhere in the disclaimers they probably mention that dealer participation may vary.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Instructor

^^ and somewhere in the disclaimers they probably mention that dealer participation may vary.
That is likely true, but I think that "dealer participation" would be defined as either 100% "in", or 100% "not in"- and if "in", then not left to the individual dealerships to run the program as they wish, but rather follow the complete program (100%) as defined by Acura.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Suzuka Master

OK, I'll raise the selling price of the car by $500 and include the installation. It's vague and unenforceable note. Let's not turn the fact that someone is giving you $500 worth of parts for free. It's a good thing.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:38 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
A dealer would have to buy the requested tires. The old 'take-offs' can't be sold as 'new' under any circumstances so what can they do other than charge? Would you be upset of you bought a set of tires but later found out they came off someone elses car? IMO, your best bet is to sell them yourself, in our region, most 'take-offs' are good for ~$100 each.
Agree.

Also, most tire shops will take trade-in (especially new car tires that are virtually brand new) when you buy new tires from them.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Instructor

OK, I'll raise the selling price of the car by $500 and include the installation. It's vague and unenforceable note. Let's not turn the fact that someone is giving you $500 worth of parts for free. It's a good thing.
It wasn't just a good thing, it was a great thing- and part of a generous package offered by Acura, which made it very attractive for me to decide to lease my 5th Acura in a row.

I closed my lease deal on my TLX V6 Tech last August. There are literally 5 Acura dealers within 30 minutes of my home, and every single one offered me the EXACT same deal… Full MSRP, and following the AFS standard lease program- same amount down, same monthly payments. So, if one dealer wanted to charge $500 above list, they would have stood out…

I mostly wanted to get the Remote Engine Start System III- which has an "official MSRP installed" of $522.00, whereas it's "official MSRP uninstalled price" was $399.00.

So, the dealer that told me that my $500 allowance from Acura would only yield me the Remote Engine Start- whereas the other 4 dealers told me that I could get (with my allowance)- the Remote Engine Start AND wheel locks AND Cargo hooks- became the better deal.

Getting parts for free is great, but getting MORE parts for free is even better!! : )
Old 02-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Advanced

I finally have my new TLX Ordered on 8/28/2014 - delivered on 2/12/2015. It makes the moonscape they call city streets seem so much smoother. And it is very quiet inside. I can't wait to get some miles on it and learn all about it.
The following 5 users liked this post by Gary3N:
a35tl (02-13-2015), accord1999 (02-13-2015), benjaminh (02-13-2015), Colin (02-13-2015), Stew4HD (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Congrats! Love the color! More pics when can!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Beautiful car Gary3N!! Congrats. I'm sure it will prove itself worth the wait!
Old 02-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Racer

Congrats, I just got my new toy today
Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
Congrats, I just got my new toy today
Welcome to the rank of new owners.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:13 PM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by wlkeel
No more waiting for me. Dealer called to inform me my car was in and I picked it up yesterday (2/14/15 - happy Valentines day ?). Only have about 50 miles so far, but everything's great. I'll post more details after about 1000 miles,but one thing is for sure - I'm not up to all the technology in this car.
Attached Thumbnails How many are still waiting???-billsnewcar-005.jpg  
Stew4HD (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ I hate you!! A white TLX and no snow in your yard and green grass....life is so not fair after our 6th blizzard in the last 2.5 weeks

Seriously...congrats on your TLX...looks great!
wlkeel (02-15-2015)

Quick Reply: How many are still waiting???