Is Honda Cannibalizing Acura? (2016 Accord)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
your argument would be valid if you were talking about another Brand. However, Acura does not have the prestige like Audi to ask more, actually ask A LOT more for the same car. Also A6 looks nothing like the Passat. In your words, they are worlds away from each other.

Remember, I am not here arguing that TLX is somehow the same or inferior to the Accord. It is better than Accord in almost every way.

But there is a price difference and some features are not even offer in the TLX and anything above 30k you are also talking about the V6 Accord vs. 4 banger TLX, minimal differentiation. When all things are taking into consideration, you can see why that Accord and Pilot are stealing sales from their own.

That is the point.

You can argue other brands have similar structure, yes they do. But they hide it very well and differentiate the cheaper and the more expensive model very well.
I have no clue what you're trying to argue here. The 2016 Accord received a mid-cycle refresh while the TLX is due for one within the next couple years, explaining why the Accord has a couple small features the TLX doesn't. The TLX is a decent amount more than the Accord, but you're making it sound like there's a ridiculous premium being payed for the TLX. Once again, with these cars so close in price there will be similarities. But the Acura still stands out as the luxury vehicle.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 89 Posts
The problem is that Honda is a premium mainstream brand, while Acura is a third-rate tarnished "semi-luxury" brand. While the TLX may be marginally better than the Accord in select ways for the Acura die-hard, the Honda brandname is way stronger than the Acura name.

So, would you rather have a premium mainstream family car (Accord), or a third-rate "luxury" car (TLX)? Most people are choosing the Accord.

This is somewhat like comparing a Lincoln to a Toyota... I bet most people would trust a plain-jane Toyota as the superior brand, while a "luxury" Lincoln is just another expensive POS.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by justnspace
^what these wise gentlemen said above me.

p.s. you didnt let it sink in.

people buy acura because of the honda reliability.
Yes Acura buyers like that their engine will last 250k+ miles without many issues. People don't buy Acuras just because they like that there won't be many problems with their vehicle. If that were the reason, they'd just buy a Honda. They buy them because it's a quality product that has a good balance between luxury and value. I bought my TLX (and I'm sure plenty other TLX owners) because I didn't feel that the Accord felt or looked as nice on the inside, and it also didn't drive as solid as the TLX.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hddnav
The problem is that Honda is a premium mainstream brand, while Acura is a third-rate tarnished "semi-luxury" brand. While the TLX may be marginally better than the Accord in select ways for the Acura die-hard, the Honda brandname is way stronger than the Acura name.

So, would you rather have a premium mainstream family car (Accord), or a third-rate "luxury" car (TLX)? Most people are choosing the Accord.

This is somewhat like comparing a Lincoln to a Toyota... I bet most people would trust a plain-jane Toyota as the superior brand, while a "luxury" Lincoln is just another expensive POS.
Yes but Acuras aren't viewed as an expensive POS. Many people see the money that they could save by going the Accord route and don't care for the finer details in the TLX. It's all about the value and what has a good amount of features while getting them from point a to point b. It all comes down to the numbers and while many would appreciate how luxurious the TLX is, they realize it's not needed and the $5k saved in their pocket is what's more important.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:54 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
If people are being honest...I don't think there's a single person that would actually say they would like to own the fully loaded accord over a fully loaded TLX. They'll argue the looks etc...but in reality, I believe that it comes down to money. It's an equilibrium point where it's not worth the extra cash to you for the perceived value. Will you be sad if you have an accord over the TLX? No, probably not...

would you be sad if you settled for a Value Package (called Obamacare trim) instead of the EX LX-69 w/tech?!? Yes, you probably would.

The 15K or whatever it is now saved is the only motivating factor. Shoot, I don't even need one and considered a TLX lease 2 months ago when they were doing the crazy lease with TL brand loyalty...it was civic pricing to lease a 40k+ car...I wouldn't have even thought twice if that were for an accord.

Damn, even after typing all that up...I don't even give a shit about what I just said because it's all subjective. Opinions and assholes!
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
EL19 (12-02-2015), The Dark Knight (12-08-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 01:02 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by atl7
I have no clue what you're trying to argue here. The 2016 Accord received a mid-cycle refresh while the TLX is due for one within the next couple years, explaining why the Accord has a couple small features the TLX doesn't. The TLX is a decent amount more than the Accord, but you're making it sound like there's a ridiculous premium being payed for the TLX. Once again, with these cars so close in price there will be similarities. But the Acura still stands out as the luxury vehicle.
This is not arguing. It is called discussion. If everyone agrees with you on everything then this forum is pointless.

Matter of fact i am actually in the process of leasing a TLX to replace my Accord.
You may ask if dont I just lease another Accord if i like it so much. I don't. I hate driving it. But then 35k TLX has better deal than a 35k Accord. that is the reason.

I will not defend a car just because i own one. I have no problem saying Accord is a better buy if Value is what you are going after. But since I lease, I will get whichever one is the cheapest to own for 36 months.
The following users liked this post:
holografique (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
If people are being honest...I don't think there's a single person that would actually say they would like to own the fully loaded accord over a fully loaded TLX. They'll argue the looks etc...but in reality, I believe that it comes down to money. It's an equilibrium point where it's not worth the extra cash to you for the perceived value. Will you be sad if you have an accord over the TLX? No, probably not...

would you be sad if you settled for a Value Package (called Obamacare trim) instead of the EX LX-69 w/tech?!? Yes, you probably would.

The 15K or whatever it is now saved is the only motivating factor. Shoot, I don't even need one and considered a TLX lease 2 months ago when they were doing the crazy lease with TL brand loyalty...it was civic pricing to lease a 40k+ car...I wouldn't have even thought twice if that were for an accord.

Damn, even after typing all that up...I don't even give a shit about what I just said because it's all subjective. Opinions and assholes!
This reasoning is exactly why I went for the V6 SH-AWD model over the I4 or over the V6 Accord. Because I could afford it and if I spent less, sure the money saved would be nice but I would regret missing out on the features I wanted and the driving experience I wanted. It's also why I didn't go with a BMW or MB car, because those couldn't deliver it at the price or cabin feel I wanted.

Also I don't get the hype about Android Auto/Apple Carplay. I rarely use the nav anyway, and when I do, I don't mind typing stuff in even if it's a little slow. I really don't feel like plugging my phone in to my car every time I get in the vehicle. It's funny, you know? Automakers go from us never having to take our keys out of our pocket, but then we have to take our phone out of our pocket every time.
Even bluetooth doesn't solve that because you need to power the phone for long trips if it's running your car's OS.
rockstar143 (11-26-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathMetal
It is, see link below.

Worldsteel.org - ACE TLX Chassis Construction

Agree that both come from the same Marysville line and will feature precious little differentiation in build quality.
I don't want to rain on your parade but the ACE build technique was pioneered on the Honda Accord before the TLX was ever released. Even the bottom end of the Honda line like this CIVIC use it. Same steel quality in the same places as the TLX dependent on where the computer design program tells them to put it.. Its their way of meeting the safety crash tests requirements but sill reduce weight for economy.

None of this is exclusive to the Honda Motor company its been a industry wide practice for a number of years. Crumple zones crumple, the passenger cage stays intact & non-stressed aluminum panels save weight.

Chevy Silverado upper cab structure.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 11-25-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Acura_Dude (11-26-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
If people are being honest...I don't think there's a single person that would actually say they would like to own the fully loaded accord over a fully loaded TLX. They'll argue the looks etc...but in reality, I believe that it comes down to money. It's an equilibrium point where it's not worth the extra cash to you for the perceived value.
Its always about the money one way or another. Its the limiting factor that keeps your car lust somewhat under control.

Personal story. From pre-school to drivers licenses it was my job to be the school bus for one of my daughters two kids.

When there was just one going the Pickup or the convertible worked just fine. With two going the pickup was out, floor shift, but the convertible was still good to go,

As they got bigger I needed a 4 door for the room & convenience of them getting in & out by themselves. Went down to the Honda dealer to buy an EX V6 leather Accord. The coupe was OK, needed the 4 door but could not do it because the 4 door was fugly.

Saw the TL & said to me the look was worth a $1000 a door over the Honda Sedan. The fact that it had some nice extras & better performance was a bonus.
The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
Acura_Dude (11-26-2015), rockstar143 (11-26-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
This is not arguing. It is called discussion. If everyone agrees with you on everything then this forum is pointless.

Matter of fact i am actually in the process of leasing a TLX to replace my Accord.
You may ask if dont I just lease another Accord if i like it so much. I don't. I hate driving it. But then 35k TLX has better deal than a 35k Accord. that is the reason.

I will not defend a car just because i own one. I have no problem saying Accord is a better buy if Value is what you are going after. But since I lease, I will get whichever one is the cheapest to own for 36 months.
First off, don't even try to get all politically correct with me. No, you're trying to argue your point here, it's the same thing as discussing your point. When did I make any statement complaining about how people can't get along on here? No shit. That's totally irrelevant to what we're discussing.

And wow, after you just get done defending the Accord being the better value you say you're leasing a TLX. You're all over the place, you don't make any sense to me.
Stew4HD (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
First off, don't even try to get all politically correct with me. No, you're trying to argue your point here, it's the same thing as discussing your point. When did I make any statement complaining about how people can't get along on here? No shit. That's totally irrelevant to what we're discussing.

And wow, after you just get done defending the Accord being the better value you say you're leasing a TLX. You're all over the place, you don't make any sense to me.

Because i am not a fanboy? Sometimes my opinion =/= the bigger picture? and i understand that, apparently you don't. Just because i think Accord is a better value does not mean that is what I will get. Not everyone buys cars based on "value"

On a personal level i get whatever is cheaper. Discussing about if Accord is stealing Acura's sales does not really have anything to do with what i get on a personal level.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Yes the 2013 Accord had the two LED bulbs for the low beams and halogen high beams. But it is a standard feature on all Acura vehicles and is their signature headlight.
You do realize that Lexus and Audi both use this style of headlight, right? It's as signature to Acura, as LED strips in the headlights is signature to Audi. Errrbody's doing it, or soon enough will be. It was a signature thing for Acura for maybe one year
Old 11-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TacoBello
You do realize that Lexus and Audi both use this style of headlight, right? It's as signature to Acura, as LED strips in the headlights is signature to Audi. Errrbody's doing it, or soon enough will be. It was a signature thing for Acura for maybe one year
Obviously all manufacturers have LED strips on some of their vehicles. Acura's full LED jewel eye headlight still stands out from most though. It is still a signature item for Acura even though some vehicles have similar looking headlights.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
I don't want to rain on your parade but the ACE build technique was pioneered on the Honda Accord before the TLX was ever released.
No raining on my parade, that's good information. Thanks.
The following 3 users liked this post by DeathMetal:
Acura_Dude (11-26-2015), BEAR-AvHistory (11-25-2015), rockstar143 (11-26-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
Our '13 Accord is noticeably quieter than any other Accord we've owned. But it is not as quiet at the FWD V6 TLX service loaner I had a few weeks ago. Whether that is sealants, glass, seals or whatever, it was a noticeable improvement over our already quiet Accord.

Last edited by JM2010 SH-AWD; 11-25-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
Our '13 Accord is noticeably quieter than any other Accord we've owned. But it is not as quiet at the FWD V6 TLX service loaner I had a few weeks ago. Whether that is sealants, glass, seals or whatever, it was a noticeable improvement over our already quiet Accord.
I traded my 13 Accord EX-L for my TLX and agree. I had no issues with cabin noise in the Accord so it's a bonus that the TLX is even more quiet. The ride was the big thing for me - the TLX is sooooo much smoother over the bumpy side roads I travel on.

I think the thing that seems to stick out to me is that the TLX is not a "blow you away" better car when compared to the Accord - rather it's better in many incremental ways. So if you drive an Accord then drive a TLX you don't walk away thinking I HAVE TO HAVE THAT ACURA! And that's the thing Acura really needs to work on. I think the TLX is better in almost every way but in some areas it may be just a tad better - like interior materials.

But - the price for the TLX is pretty competative so frankly you shouldn't expect "blow you away" better IMO. You get what you pay for. I think of the TLX as a Honda Accord Gold Edition - there's no question it comes from the genus Accord - but it's a damn nice Accord!
The following 8 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
a35tl (11-25-2015), Acura_Dude (11-26-2015), holografique (11-27-2015), Monte TLS,MAX (11-25-2015), Nedmundo (11-29-2015), skd2k1 (11-26-2015), Stew4HD (11-25-2015), youngTL (11-25-2015) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut

But - the price for the TLX is pretty competative so frankly you shouldn't expect "blow you away" better IMO. You get what you pay for. I think of the TLX as a Honda Accord Gold Edition - there's no question it comes from the genus Accord - but it's a damn nice Accord!

I would say it feels a little more like a "Euro" Accord, even though it isn't in the same way the TSX was. When I was test driving a new Accord Touring, I felt like I was driving a large sedan. The TLX feels more like a mid-sizer, which is more in line with the 3G TL. This is also evident with back seat and trunk space. The Accord and RLX are a similar size. I ultimately didn't want a 'large' car. But nor did I want a 'compact' car either. There a few other cars in the TLX's size category, the Infiniti Q50 being one of them. But as for the Accord, it feels distinctly different to drive and ride in, in my opinion. I really like Accords, I had one. But the TLX is a different car to me, with the majority of the difference coming from how it drives, the size, the drivetrain layout, and the interior materials. Not all consumers will see it this way. A lot of people feel it's a 'Super Accord', and that's where Acura has an image problem. I think additional powertrain differences, especially with regards to engines, would go a long way towards changing that view.

I actually liked the size of the TLX relative to something like the Lexus IS. That car felt like it was leaning towards compact, especially in AWD form which detracts from interior volume. The TLX is probably closer to the size of an Audi A4 but while being more equivalent price wise and feature wise to an A3.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:43 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
I like the tlx and I'm starting to see more on the road. White is definitely the right color for this car, I see plenty of accords daily. I'd buy the tlx over the accord because it looks better to me. They're both nice cars. Both appeal to different demographics imo. I like them both. Im not a fan of the cvt at all. Last time I spec'd an accord sport with a manual I was limited to black or gray for my paint colors and no sunroof. The midsized market is brutal.

Personally I'd buy an mdx over the pilot for the same reason I would buy a tlx over the accord. They look better to me. Jewel eyes are beautiful. It's all subjective.

Going off topic here, I like the new maxima as well, but drove a '15 altima and hated the cvt. I kept having the urge that I need to manually shift. My other half couldnt care less. As long as it looks nice and drives she's happy. She's a huge Nissan fan. I like what I see from other brands as well.

I enjoyed reading everyone's opinins and facts. Even learned somethings. Acura will get it right one day. The tlx seems like a start. Now if only we could get a tlx-s with forced induction and a manual. I've rambled too much. Happy turkey day!

Last edited by Acura_Dude; 11-26-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:50 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
As enthusiasts we're rarely satisfied. Our views about cars are definitely different compared to the average buyer. I can see why some brands are doing things completely different than what I'd do. In the end it's all business and there has to be a profit in it.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I agree with all the comments. One example of how Honda is purposely trying to make the Accord NOT compete with the TLX is the Accord Sport.

While you can get a 6 speed that lacks in the TLX, you cannot get a sunroof or navigation if you go with the sport. That in my opinion is a 'designed' approach to make the Sport not compete with the TLX for anyone who wants sport and technology. Honda could easily add those missing features if it wanted to, but it chose not to for obvious reasons.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
I think the thing that seems to stick out to me is that the TLX is not a "blow you away" better car when compared to the Accord - rather it's better in many incremental ways....

...So if you drive an Accord then drive a TLX you don't walk away thinking I HAVE TO HAVE THAT ACURA! And that's the thing Acura really needs to work on.
Exactly the essence of what I was trying to say earlier, only the gap is even worse when you compare the 2016 Accord ($30k) to the 2016 RLX ($60k). In my minds this is where the comparison is more valid, being that the RLX has been compared before as being just a "fancy Accord". At a whopping $30k difference in MSRP, IMO there isn't nearly enough differentiation between the two vehicles, with the Accord surpassing the RLX in certain areas.

Yes, all the other two-brand manufactures allow cross-pollination between their regular and luxury brand products. Honda/Acura just happen to be the ones with the least differentiation between the two brands. Like Cheesy said above, that's where Acura has room to continue improving. That and giving buyers more options. No coupes, no roadsters, no convertibles, just 5 classes with different trims doesn't leave a lot to explore for those wanting to stay in the brand, yet Honda offers 10 different classes of vehicles, with coupe options. These types of things make it hard to stand behind a brand when you are left with the impression that the larger company doesn't have the time or the desire to invest into their luxury products. The TLX and the NSX are signs that things are moving in the right direction. My concern is whether or not we'll continue to see that new direction stay consistent over time.

Last edited by holografique; 11-27-2015 at 11:04 PM.
EL19 (12-02-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I must admit having my 2015 TLX for 4months I'm highly impressed with the Accord 2016. My hubby just purchased the Accord 2016 to give his truck a rest and I'm finding myself driving his car more than mine.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:16 AM

well that's certainly awesome!
Old 12-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Team Owner

I saw a new, black accord sedan yesterday and I couldn't believe how good it looked. My jaw dropped. I think back to when the 8th gen accord was released and what a oversized, understyled beached whale it was.

Started pricing them out, only to rediscover no 6MT with the V6. Pass!
Old 12-02-2015, 10:30 AM

great gas mileage though!
Old 12-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
I saw a new, black accord sedan yesterday and I couldn't believe how good it looked. My jaw dropped. I think back to when the 8th gen accord was released and what a oversized, understyled beached whale it was.

The 7th/8th gen accords have generally been absolutely fugly as hell. The mid 8th gen update made it tolerable....

but yes I've been telling everyone I know that the 9th gen Accords...the new ones out for couple years now...are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

Honda has FINALLY did something right with the Accord since the beauty of the 6th gen

Personally the Acura lines doesn't do much for me...and I think a new Accord can definitely be a great car for the wifey and the occasional hubby car

Too bad about no 6MT in the V6 though that kinda sucks....

Last edited by nist7; 12-02-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
I really like the above Rims on the Accord, those look better than any of the TLX wheels. Those should have been on the TLX instead.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kense:
holografique (12-02-2015), Monte TLS,MAX (12-02-2015), youngTL (12-03-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Be a better driver

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

So true, 8thgen exterior was just awful. I think the 7thgen V6 sedan was the last 4dr Accord to get a 6MT.

Wish the 9GA V6 sedan came with a manual and a good AWD drivetrain...I'd buy one.

Originally Posted by nist7
Honda has FINALLY did something right with the Accord since the beauty of the 6th gen
This warms my heart, but I may be biased haha.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Team Owner

I've always been a fan of the 7th gen accord. The interior was many steps ahead of the 6th gen. I like the exterior too save for the monster truck ride height.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RedRyder
So true, 8thgen exterior was just awful. I think the 7thgen V6 sedan was the last 4dr Accord to get a 6MT.
Yes, but it only was available from 06-07. Not many were sold. I remember there was a white on tan 6MT sedan at one of the Honda dealerships near me. The thing sat in the showroom for a year before it sold, after heavy incentives. Too bad.

I heard the accord coupe is losing the 6MT for the V6 also. Not sure if true, but sad if it is
Old 12-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Be a better driver

^I thought I read that a while back. Well I woudn't be surprised if the 6MT disappeared, but I've said that about Honda before. I wish it wouldn't, but it's likely inevitable as the industry moves toward cars doing more and more of the "work" for people.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Team Owner

^I thought I read that a while back. Well I woudn't be surprised if the 6MT disappeared, but I've said that about Honda before. I wish it wouldn't, but it's likely inevitable as the industry moves toward cars doing more and more of the "work" for people.
And that's why I'll hold on to my two 6MT cars until hell freezes over. Or another fully loaded 6MT catches my eye
Old 12-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Be a better driver

^I admire your spirit haha. I would prefer a manual in my next car, but I'm having trouble finding anything that has 4 doors, at least 300hp/tq, RWD (or at least neutral AWD), and some performance pedigree. I mean I have a list of potential cars, but every entry has negatives.

Sometimes I try to convince myself I could drive a paddleshift auto IF it was a damn good one...but my 6MT Accord has spoiled me. I drove a 2008 ISF and as amazing as that car is, it was still just missing something.

Last edited by RedRyder; 12-02-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by Kense
I really like the above Rims on the Accord, those look better than any of the TLX wheels. Those should have been on the TLX instead.

Accord sport always gets the nice things. I love the dual exhaust on it and I also like the the tip are NOT hidden.

Also Honda introduced the SMR back into the lineup, which I would probably never buy because I'm a WOP or MS type of guy.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Racer

^I admire your spirit haha. I would prefer a manual in my next car, but I'm having trouble finding anything that has 4 doors, at least 300hp/tq, RWD (or at least neutral AWD), and some performance pedigree. I mean I have a list of potential cars, but every entry has negatives.

Sometimes I try to convince myself I could drive a paddleshift auto IF it was a damn good one...but my 6MT Accord has spoiled me. I drove a 2008 ISF and as amazing as that car is, it was still just missing something.
Other than 300 lb/ft torque, did you just list off all the qualifications of the 4G 6MT TL SH-AWD? Lol
Old 12-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Drifting

You might be surprised at how quick the 2.4 6MT is in the Accord. Several mags and I think TOV clocked it at 6.6 in 0-60 (EX version - smaller wheels and little lighter), which is pretty amazing for a car that easily hits 40+ mpg in warm weather freeway cruising. It's faster than my 2G Legend was in 0-60!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Be a better driver

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Accord sport always gets the nice things. I love the dual exhaust on it and I also like the the tip are NOT hidden.

Also Honda introduced the SMR back into the lineup, which I would probably never buy because I'm a WOP or MS type of guy.

Not all the nice things, someone above said the Sports don't get a sunroof. If you're into that, I'd have to have it.

SMR is a nice shade of red, it really gleams in the sun. When it's cloudy it looks like dark red. But I wish it had some flake in it.

Other than 300 lb/ft torque, did you just list off all the qualifications of the 4G 6MT TL SH-AWD? Lol

Lol almost. It's not completely out of the running though, if I found a really good deal on a 4.5G it would be hard to turn down.

Last edited by RedRyder; 12-02-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
You might be surprised at how quick the 2.4 6MT is in the Accord. Several mags and I think TOV clocked it at 6.6 in 0-60 (EX version - smaller wheels and little lighter), which is pretty amazing for a car that easily hits 40+ mpg in warm weather freeway cruising. It's faster than my 2G Legend was in 0-60!
That's not fast at all.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:08 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I've always been a fan of the 7th gen accord. The interior was many steps ahead of the 6th gen. I like the exterior too save for the monster truck ride height.
I liked the interior of the 03-07 much more than 08-12, especially aesthetically.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Drifting

That's not fast at all.
It's not sport car fast, but it's certainly respectable. Can't name many -- if any -- other cars under 25K that go 6.6 and get 40+ mpg.
The following 2 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
a35tl (12-02-2015), Monte TLS,MAX (12-02-2015)

Quick Reply: Is Honda Cannibalizing Acura? (2016 Accord)