Global Unveiling 4.16.14

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Edmunds is wrong. All photos show a strut front suspension, not wishbones.
Edmunds is frequently wrong. The only thing they are good for are the suspension walkarounds (...) and their take on 0-60 times. They are slower, but I feel more consistently reliable.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
Edmunds is wrong. All photos show a strut front suspension, not wishbones.

Looks like you are right! 14.30 minutes of the press video in new York shows mc strut.. Oh I'm loving my V6 TSX even more now.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by probmxstyle
I have not seen the navigation display in the new MDX or RLX, but looking at the last pic, it looks exactly the same as my 2012. You would think they could have updated the graphics.
I have seen and played with the nav displays in both the new 2014 MDX and the 2013 RLX. This one in the TLX uses the same dual screen ( upper and lower ) layout as the late model MDX and RLX. What I don't know (cos I did not get to play with it) is whether they are both upper and lower touch screens like in the MDX and RLX. The lower one looks like it could be a touch screen ( in order to get away from too many buttons ) but frankly, as a 2010 MDX owner and someone who really liked my old technology 2006 RL for all 7 years of ownership, I don't mind lots of buttons and would prefer not to deal with two touch screens.

Have you seen how many buttons Porsche has on their center stack and shifter area console ? Dunno if anyone bothers them for having too many buttons but I know for both my MDX and RL, once I know where the buttons are, I prefer buttons to a touch screen.
The following 2 users liked this post by NJ06RL:
musty hustla (04-20-2014), weather (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
^^ from what I've seen, it's the exact same nav system that is in the 2014 MDX/RLX, including the graphics. The top screen is NOT touchscreen...only the lower one is.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Apparently these are accessory wheels, not the normal production trim wheels. This could mean they just wanted to show off a bit at the release, or they are scrambling to get revised production wheels.

Also, at the review, the blue car is the 2.4L, the grey car is the V6.
Hopefully, I just dont understand what idiot thought these wheels looked good and even more thought it was a good idea to showcase them on the production reveal. There wheel design team sucks here recently. They ruined the wheels on the MDX as well
Old 04-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Another thing Im hoping for is the Manual Adjust Tilt on the Steering wheel. I like to put my steering wheel at the lowest on my 4g. I feel like the electronic adjust just doesnt go as low, like on the new MDX and RDX.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts
I saw the car at NYIAS. Here are my impressions:

1. The front face is actually very handsome in the flesh... it has a striking presence. Coupled with the jewel eye, short front and rear overhangs and a pretty wide 'looking' stance... this car had the potential to be a home run for Acura. But the body and rear stylings with minimal flares on fenders culminated in a total snoozefest and made the car look like an appliance. Bummer.

2. The exhaust muffler and pipe with their unfinished metal surfaces and welds are EASILY visible. You don't even need to bend down. I know this issue is a dead horse that's been beaten to pulp but it is absolutely MADDENING. Why eliminate exhaust tips if you're going to display the muffler and down pipe for all to see??? To be more green? NO WAY doesn't make sense. It had to have been for cost savings and its a total cop out. Also, a tow ring sticks out like a bad belly ring. This is not what a premium sedan should be.

3. Couldn't see interior too well.
The following 2 users liked this post by mynameisjacob:
internalaudit (04-19-2014), rockyfeller (04-19-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Looking at the interior pics, I feel that something looks weird....they give it a steering wheel with a little mesh on the bottom to make it look super sporty and then plaster fake wood everywhere?! Why not put a carbon fibre look instead?!
Not sure about the blue I4, but on the V6 Advance it looks like real wood. Like the wood in the RLX Hybrid. I wonder if the voice command microphone is behind that mesh?

I am heading to NYC this afternoon and will be at the auto show tomorrow morning for early entry before it opens to general admission. So before the crowds come in, I should have the opportunity to really examine the car in greater detail.

What are some photos that you all would like to see?
If the V6 Advanced is powered, I'd love to see some pics of the various menus etc. Also, can you tell if the aluminum trim is real or painted plastic?

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
Yes, I agree. Many find the new Camry repulsive. I can understand why, they didn't make it exactly friendly or attractive. It's not my style but I don't find it ugly.

Above all you gotta give Toyota credit. They listen to the customers as always. Not some stubborn bullheaded continued direction of their own. The Camry is dull, boring. They've heard it for years. The new Accord has proven the point by now outselling them with a MUCH better car all around. They knew they had to make a REAL change. The Camry and Corolla are their bread and butter cars. Any company would be inclined to just evolve them slowly and carefully, but this is the most extreme redesign ever. Instead of pulling a "meee too!" safe design they had the guts to do something different and extreme. They took a risk. Like I said before they are shedding that dumpy, boring image and want a performance/sporty edge. Perhaps the actual performance will not prove much more than what they've had, but at least their trying to fit the image. And the car still looks unmistakably Toyota from the back. I think it is a look that we have to get used to, it's ahead of it's time, but I think it works. One of those designs that I bet looks better in person. I think they did a great job.
The new Camry styling isn't my cup of tea, but they sure did step up and make a huge effort to change the car. Nearly all new sheet metal and new interior at an MMC. I wonder if the styling is too much for the average Camry buyer?

Originally Posted by evo9
Looks like you are right! 14.30 minutes of the press video in new York shows mc strut.. Oh I'm loving my V6 TSX even more now.
I wouldn't be so quick to mourn the loss of DWB until you drive the car. It may be better than you think, especially with the P-AWS
Old 04-19-2014, 06:35 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
The 64 thousand dollar question is pricing. If Acura prices it right they will sell a lot. If they price V6 model in upper 40's it's dead on arrival. Why would you buy TLX when you could buy rlx for about same money. I have a feeling they will price 2.4 model in 35 k range . V6 will be priced a lot higher which is one of the reasons 4 cyl does not have advance package . If they did no one would buy V6 at their higher price point. IMOP
Old 04-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by mynameisjacob
The exhaust muffler and pipe with their unfinished metal surfaces and welds are EASILY visible. You don't even need to bend down. I know this issue is a dead horse that's been beaten to pulp but it is absolutely MADDENING. Why eliminate exhaust tips if you're going to display the muffler and down pipe for all to see??? To be more green? NO WAY doesn't make sense. It had to have been for cost savings and its a total cop out. Also, a tow ring sticks out like a bad belly ring. This is not what a premium sedan should be.
I totally agree!! If they are going to make a claim that they want to hide their exhaust pipes to give the appearance to be green, then why not hide them totally!! And besides, they sell more Honda's than Acura so why not hide the tips on the Accord if they are really interested in giving the message they are green. I think you are right....They just want to cheapen the cost and are doing it at the expense of the esthetics. Now again, if they want to hide it, then HIDE IT!!

With respect to a belly ring.....Unless you are 300lbs and lose the ring in the bullet hole, I still find them sexy so in my books, no such thing as a "bad belly ring" *lol*
Old 04-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by JTRADAR61
The 64 thousand dollar question is pricing. If Acura prices it right they will sell a lot. If they price V6 model in upper 40's it's dead on arrival. Why would you buy TLX when you could buy rlx for about same money. I have a feeling they will price 2.4 model in 35 k range . V6 will be priced a lot higher which is one of the reasons 4 cyl does not have advance package . If they did no one would buy V6 at their higher price point. IMOP
Probably one major reason, much like the don't sell a 4cyl of the Accord Touring.... except in Canada. Maybe Canada will get the I4 Elite??

Originally Posted by weather
I totally agree!! If they are going to make a claim that they want to hide their exhaust pipes to give the appearance to be green, then why not hide them totally!! And besides, they sell more Honda's than Acura so why not hide the tips on the Accord if they are really interested in giving the message they are green. I think you are right....They just want to cheapen the cost and are doing it at the expense of the esthetics. Now again, if they want to hide it, then HIDE IT!!
They could have painted the mufflers black and made them harder to see. I can't say I agree with Acura's logic on the whole exhaust thing, but I agree, if you are going to do something, do it right. Either way not a deal breaker for me.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
The whole exhaust pipe thing is a non-issue for me. I don't know why people worry about it.
The following users liked this post:
Jrvtecaccord (04-21-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by El Bro
Another thing Im hoping for is the Manual Adjust Tilt on the Steering wheel. I like to put my steering wheel at the lowest on my 4g. I feel like the electronic adjust just doesnt go as low, like on the new MDX and RDX.
If it has the range of the RLX, you'll probably be fine. I could probably do with an extra inch of travel horizontally, but it's fine.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM
RLTW!!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
To each his own, but i'll pass and keep my 2007 KBP TL-S with just turned 48k miles.

Last edited by Warrior 6; 04-19-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
3G still looks better in every way.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gstealth
I think the TLX has some good features but the 3G was the best looking of the TLs by a long shot - but this is a TLX so I can't really do a full apples to apples. I'm betting the TLX will have a quieter ride and much better nav etc.

They came close in a number of ways to making a nice looking car just needs a few tweaks -
1. Lose the current front grill appendage
2. Lose the faux metallic trim on the interior - adds about as much class as glitter on an exotic dancer.
3. Offer the tailpipes for people who want it (I don't care but this seems to be important enough that it should be mentioned).
4. Very minor but I like the hidden cup holders in my old TL.

Last edited by boe_d; 04-19-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
^^^Ditto
Old 04-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gstealth
First gen TSX I really digged the styling as it was a classic.

For me, I had never scrutinized the 3G extensively, but just the only thing that looked better was the front grill over this TLX.

Just my humble opinion of course.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What an underwhelming boring blunder. 3 TL's later and Im probably out on this one.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I've probably owned a 3G TL longer than 99.99% if not 100% of the people on these forums and damn is the front end on it getting old. lol. The rear end and the rest of the car's exterior is a "timeless" design as people like to describe it, but that front overhang/snoot on it was the one thing I liked least about the car since I bought it.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Suzuka Master

While I am not against the idea of the dual exhaust being hidden, I just want them to hide it completely and not have a partial reveal. I am OK with a clean rear end look....I still prefer the dual exhaust but that in itself wouldn't be a deal breaker.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Just got back from NY Auto Show and will say I am diss pointed Acura only had a single blue car roped off. Would have been nice to have a few production cars and something other than silver. The car actually looks very good in person and while the beak is the beak, the lower fascia is actual very nice. Ironically some guy behind with his buddy kept saying "where is the exhaust". The little I got to see the interior is looks ok. I am eager to drive it. It does appear smallish outside compared to the 4G, I know they shortened it 4 inches but it sure looks a tad narrower as well. It does strike me very 3G evolutionary and more nimble looking than the 4G.

A few other observations, the new 2015 Genesis sedan was very impressive. They had a few to sit in and Hyundai has really upgraded the interior materials. The old Geneis buttons and knobs were Sonota feel, the new Genesis all the buttons have a rubberized textured feel. I only had a minute in the car but the drive shaft tunnel really is huge and encroaches a great deal into the leg space. The trunk was huge. Very nice looking car. The other thing I liked was the new 2015 Infinit Q70L (M37) like the fascia rear upgrade and turn lmps in side mirrors as well as LED DRLs. Interior is exact carry over. Also the new CTS really looks was sweet and wish I waited in line to sit in it. We did check out the new Audi A/S 3 and very niece inside and out, but very small.

The next 12-18 months is a great time to be in the car buying market.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by George Knighton
The whole exhaust pipe thing is a non-issue for me. I don't know why people worry about it.
Because a lot of people think it looks better with than without.

In the older days it was more like a performance symbol (perception) the Wow looking kids thing. Hey, I like to be a kid , I'm in my 60's youngster
Old 04-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been awaiting the rollout of the new TLX. I've had 5 TLs (an '03 S-Type, which went back early because of the transmission problems, an 04, 07 S-Type, 09 SH-AWD and 12 SH-AWD Advance).

Other than the '03, they were great cars. And, even though I didn't love the styling of the 4G at first, it grew on me.

I traded by '12 in last September and ended up with an Infiniti Q50S with all the gadgets. That was a mistake--and they are buying that car back, as the electronics were a disaster, with problems ranging from annoying to totally unsafe. Too bad, too, as it has a great powertrain and drives awesomely when it works.

I was sorry at the time that Acura didn't have a car for me to consider (the RLX was a non-starter once I saw it; nice, but totally boring and no SH-AWD available at the time, if it even is now). I kept thinking I hoped the TLX didn't come out and make me have buyers remorse.

Now that I found myself unexpectedly in the market again, I thought I might shop the TLX. However, when I was told the SH-AWD wouldn't be available at launch, that was the end of that for me. And I'm glad that was the case: My opinion is that the TLX is a total snoozer looks wise.

It looks totally boring and frankly down market to me from its predecessors. The tailpipe thing is just weird, and I also would not like the loss of a shifter. I like driving with my hand on it. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that.

Mechanically, it seems promising. But, I'm just now sure what they are thinking with their designs at present. I'm also not a huge fan of the jewel headlights.

I'm picking up my fulling loaded CTS 3.6 AWD on Wednesday. Even got the upgraded leather. It is an impressive car and I am looking forward to it.

If I have problems like the Q50, I'm going to start taking the bus....
Old 04-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
I've been awaiting the rollout of the new TLX. I've had 5 TLs (an '03 S-Type, which went back early because of the transmission problems, an 04, 07 S-Type, 09 SH-AWD and 12 SH-AWD Advance).

Other than the '03, they were great cars. And, even though I didn't love the styling of the 4G at first, it grew on me.

I traded by '12 in last September and ended up with an Infiniti Q50S with all the gadgets. That was a mistake--and they are buying that car back, as the electronics were a disaster, with problems ranging from annoying to totally unsafe. Too bad, too, as it has a great powertrain and drives awesomely when it works.

I was sorry at the time that Acura didn't have a car for me to consider (the RLX was a non-starter once I saw it; nice, but totally boring and no SH-AWD available at the time, if it even is now). I kept thinking I hoped the TLX didn't come out and make me have buyers remorse.

Now that I found myself unexpectedly in the market again, I thought I might shop the TLX. However, when I was told the SH-AWD wouldn't be available at launch, that was the end of that for me. And I'm glad that was the case: My opinion is that the TLX is a total snoozer looks wise.

It looks totally boring and frankly down market to me from its predecessors. The tailpipe thing is just weird, and I also would not like the loss of a shifter. I like driving with my hand on it. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that.

Mechanically, it seems promising. But, I'm just now sure what they are thinking with their designs at present. I'm also not a huge fan of the jewel headlights.

I'm picking up my fulling loaded CTS 3.6 AWD on Wednesday. Even got the upgraded leather. It is an impressive car and I am looking forward to it.

If I have problems like the Q50, I'm going to start taking the bus....
Hopefully the CTS is a better car than your Q50. I popped over to the Q50 forums since at one time I liked that car. But that was a mess, and the 'kill the messenger' attitude over there was pretty bad. I assume at some point they will straighten that car out. Best of luck with the CTS.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:02 PM
Racer

Thanks Rocket. There sure were a lot of apologists over there.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Suzuka Master

MIKE....That is really unfortunate but at least you got your money back. Its too bad as I really liked the Q50 too and would have considered it but these problems freaked me out!

BEst of luck with your Caddy and keep us posted
Old 04-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Finally back from the NYIAS. Crazy crowded. There was actually a lot of interest in the TLX and the majority of opinions I overheard were positive about the appearance. Most people did not know specs and there was no information on display. Unfortunately, they only had the single blue I4 model with the accessory wheels on display, but it actually did an okay job of representing what to expect.

A few thoughts:
- The car actually looks much better in person than it does in photos
- The accessory wheels are interesting in person, but still not terribly attractive
- Foglights are available as an option
- The exhaust sticks down too far and is unfortunately quite visible from the side
- The interior quality is very good and the materials feel quite nice
- The shape of the opening for the folding rear seats is a little strange (see photos)
- The I4 model has the conventional shifter and does not appear to have auto start/stop
- The wheel gap really is as bad as it looks
- I still really like the LED headlights

That said, on whole, I am quite pleased with the overall appearance of the car, both inside and out. The character lines on the sides of the car really stand out and give it a purposeful look. Still not happy about the engine outputs, but it is too late to do anything about that. All said, I would probably still give it a test drive before deciding whether or not to cut it from consideration.

Now, as promised, photos! (click here for the full album) Unfortunately, I was not able to pop the hood, but was fortunate enough to get to sit in the car and shoot some shots of the interior. Since they only had the one car, no chance to shoot the different wheels. I also have video of car, including at least some of the underbody. Have not had a chance to process that yet, but it should be up soon.

The following 24 users liked this post by CGTSX2004:
00TL-P3.2 (04-23-2014), a35tl (04-20-2014), cokorote (04-20-2014), hadokenuh (04-20-2014), internalaudit (04-21-2014), JDMaccord3.5 (04-20-2014), Jrvtecaccord (04-21-2014), JT4 (04-21-2014), Martin W (04-20-2014), Miss.Acura (04-20-2014), MtnMan (04-20-2014), musty hustla (04-20-2014), myron (04-23-2014), ostrich (04-20-2014), Oswald Vater (04-20-2014), quantum7 (04-20-2014), Rocketsfan (04-20-2014), Rocket_man (04-20-2014), rockyfeller (04-22-2014), Stew4HD (07-17-2014), Tonyware (04-20-2014), ttribe (04-23-2014), weather (04-20-2014), Whiskers (04-20-2014) and 19 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
^ Thanks!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Strange to hear about the problems in the Q50.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Racer

Whiskers -

Unfortunately, it wasn't too strange over on the Q forum. The problems were widespread and they have bought back more than a few cars. InTouch was not ready for primetime; it has improved, but is still buggy and still lacks much of the functionality that was advertised and which helped tip the scale in favor of the Q when I purchased. The DAS is buggy as well and my car would consistently randomly go left or right in a way that was much different than an alignment issue with traditional steering. The brakes would also randomly apply themselves, including once while in the highway. I had many more issues, too. Glad to be getting rid of it, although bittersweet because when it worked it was a great car.

Thanks, Weather. I'm excited about the CTS. It is really gorgeous and the interior is amazing. It is definitely a step up. It was between that and the 535i. The 5 is just a little dated now, and it would have taken 2 months to get a car with the equipment I wanted because it would've needed to be custom built. I didn't have that kind of time with the Q going back.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Finally back from the NYIAS. Crazy crowded. There was actually a lot of interest in the TLX and the majority of opinions I overheard were positive about the appearance. Most people did not know specs and there was no information on display. Unfortunately, they only had the single blue I4 model with the accessory wheels on display, but it actually did an okay job of representing what to expect.

A few thoughts:
- The car actually looks much better in person than it does in photos
- The accessory wheels are interesting in person, but still not terribly attractive
- Foglights are available as an option
- The exhaust sticks down too far and is unfortunately quite visible from the side
- The interior quality is very good and the materials feel quite nice
- The shape of the opening for the folding rear seats is a little strange (see photos)
- The I4 model has the conventional shifter and does not appear to have auto start/stop
- The wheel gap really is as bad as it looks
- I still really like the LED headlights

That said, on whole, I am quite pleased with the overall appearance of the car, both inside and out. The character lines on the sides of the car really stand out and give it a purposeful look. Still not happy about the engine outputs, but it is too late to do anything about that. All said, I would probably still give it a test drive before deciding whether or not to cut it from consideration.

Now, as promised, photos! (click here for the full album) Unfortunately, I was not able to pop the hood, but was fortunate enough to get to sit in the car and shoot some shots of the interior. Since they only had the one car, no chance to shoot the different wheels. I also have video of car, including at least some of the underbody. Have not had a chance to process that yet, but it should be up soon.
Thank you so much!

How does that wood trim look in person? I guess it looks quite glossy to me so it is not the same as the nice matt wood trim in the MDX Advance trim?

BTW, what camera/lens did you use? The first photo is very nice - I don't see much of an overhang at the front!!! Just wondering if you used a wider angle lens? On the other hand, the Acura official photos had one outside shot that emphasized the overhang even more and that was awful! I think it's all about the perspectives and camera lens used!!!

Last edited by ostrich; 04-20-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

It kind of looks like it has dual exhaust, hidden, on an I4?..... if so, that's got to be the dumbest thing I've seen, lol
Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ostrich
Thank you so much!

How does that wood trim look in person? I guess it looks quite glossy to me so it is not the same as the nice matt wood trim in the MDX Advance trim?

BTW, what camera/lens did you use? The first photo is very nice - I don't see much of an overhang at the front!!! Just wondering if you used a wider angle lens? On the other hand, the Acura official photos had one outside shot that emphasized the overhang even more and that was awful! I think it's all about the perspectives and camera lens used!!!
The wood trim looks to be the same stuff they are using in the RLX. I am not a fan and wish they would just either move to an unpolished finish like is in the Maserati Ghibli or to a non-wood surface all together like some of the other manufacturers.

Camera is my old trusty Canon EOS Rebel XTi with the same 15-55 lens that comes with it out of the box. The goal was ease of use and quick shots because of the crowds. As far as the photo, the car photographs very differently from different angles. The shot you are referring to was shot with the lens on full zoom and me standing a good distance away from the car, which tends to shrink the overhangs.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by komplexZ
It kind of looks like it has dual exhaust, hidden, on an I4?..... if so, that's got to be the dumbest thing I've seen, lol
Yeah, that was one of my early thoughts, too. I am not sure why they bothered with the extra weight if they are going to hide them anyway. There is certainly no real performance benefit.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by George Knighton
See my photos and tell me you find their execution acceptable...

I suspect that with the dealer installed body kits, the exhausts will truly be fully hidden and I think they are going to be selling a lot more of those kits this time around.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Suzuka Master

I suspect that with the dealer installed body kits, the exhausts will truly be fully hidden and I think they are going to be selling a lot more of those kits this time around.
After I checked your photo, I was just going to state the EXACT same thing as you stated!! I suspect that the rear skirt MAY hide the exhaust tips but I am not sure why they just couldn't keep it hidden if they are that obsessed in keeping us from seeing them. Again, I am repeating myself but it still doesn't make sense to me that they couldn't spend those 5 years to find a way to hide the tips by a couple inches?

With respect to the accessory wheels, the close up shows that they lack inspiration when they designed these. They simply took the accessory wheel from the 2013-2015 RDX and just added an extra strip in the middle. If you look closely, you can see what I am talking about....Again, Acura you once again demonstrated your sloppiness!

While I agree that the design is not offensive, for a car company who has acknowledged that they have fallen behind and are determined to bring back passion into the brand, they sure miss the mark! I think what pisses me off teh most is that they went through so much effort to hype this vehicle and make a statement that they wanted to bring back adrenaline to the brand and they just give us something as a half effort AT BEST!

Again, I need to stop ranting because people will think that I am a Debbie downer but its not that I dislike Acura....in fact, its the opposite! I was hoping they would give me something to keep me in the brand and excited about and they didn't deliver.....And they had the opportunity but refused to do it. Again, while the interior is nice, this is not an interior worthy of a SPORTS SEDAN when you compare it to the 4G (and 3G) TL.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
CGTSX2004,

Did you by any chance ask about an on-sale date?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
CGTSX2004,

Did you by any chance ask about an on-sale date?
No exact dates, but it seems that the previous rumors of June 1 are probably pretty close.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Not sure about the blue I4, but on the V6 Advance it looks like real wood. Like the wood in the RLX Hybrid.
The RLX Hybrid in the States is not real wood, although they've given it a different color.

What's odd is that the RLX Advance and RLX Hybrid in Japan *are* wood.

Quick Reply: Global Unveiling 4.16.14