Finally! 2018 TLX A-Spec AWD - Still Night Blue Pearl is here

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 01:45 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Please stop posting pictures of SNB A-Specs. I don't want to have two TLXs at the same time again.

Thank you.
Having a red and blue one would be awesome! Post pics of your red one!

Ok, last batch. Please ignore my daughter cheesing it up. Just as the sun goes down, color turns into this amazing deeper liquid blue. Audi Sepang Blue on the S6 used to be my favorite shade of blue. SNP is my new favorite.

The following users liked this post:
TSX_831 (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
Looks sweet!
Speed_Racer (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
It's simply stunning - car and colour!
Speed_Racer (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Did you add the remote start?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:29 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Originally Posted by JTRADAR61
Did you add the remote start?
I didn't and will probably regret not getting it. I wish that came standard. You can get Civic's now that come with that. How does that makes sense?
Old 12-10-2018, 04:42 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta love that A-Spec

Love the blue , could live with red at right price . However , all I can find are these 2 colors in 2018 sans sh-awd...however , they were demos with 5,000 on them . I can probably land , hopefully the blue for around $31,500 or so ? Unfortunately black cheesy interior though . Is that price competitive?
Old 10-16-2020, 01:06 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Wow, 3 years was a blur. Returned the TLX a few weeks ago. Would have kept her if it didn't have the 9 speed ZF. What a terrible transmission. I worked around it's deficiencies but decided to wait it out for a Type S. If only it was a manual it would have been a keeper.

Picked up another toy to hold me over until the spring. Crossing fingers the Type S is a viable option. Polar opposite of the TLX. My friends kept egging me on to get something so I could go overlanding with them. Was initially looking at 4Runners but found this hidden gem. 2011 Lexus GX. Super capable offroad, body on frame SUV. Land Cruiser Prado in other parts of the world. Since all this quarantining it's nice to have something to go out with the family.

It's been real! See you guys on the 2nd gen TLX forums. . .

someguy11 (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 11:12 AM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed_Racer
Wow, 3 years was a blur. Returned the TLX a few weeks ago. Would have kept her if it didn't have the 9 speed ZF. What a terrible transmission. I worked around it's deficiencies but decided to wait it out for a Type S. If only it was a manual it would have been a keeper.

Picked up another toy to hold me over until the spring. Crossing fingers the Type S is a viable option. Polar opposite of the TLX. My friends kept egging me on to get something so I could go overlanding with them. Was initially looking at 4Runners but found this hidden gem. 2011 Lexus GX. Super capable offroad, body on frame SUV. Land Cruiser Prado in other parts of the world. Since all this quarantining it's nice to have something to go out with the family.

It's been real! See you guys on the 2nd gen TLX forums. . .
Appreciate your detailed thoughts on the TLX. Post MMC A-Spec SH-AWD is about as good as the 1st gen got.

What was so bad about the 9 speed ZF? Did it change throughout your ownership or was it always an issue?

I just traded in an Accord V6 for a closeout deal on a 1st gen TLX. So far so good. ZF is smooth. The vehicle could launch a little better, but its not a deal breaker. I paid less for my TLX than I did the Accord. I just didn't see me liking anything else out there for the next 2-3 years to work out 1st year model issues and have deals available. Would absolutely love a 3G RDX Type-S post MMC, assuming they get rid of the terrible road noise.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:49 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016
Appreciate your detailed thoughts on the TLX. Post MMC A-Spec SH-AWD is about as good as the 1st gen got.

What was so bad about the 9 speed ZF? Did it change throughout your ownership or was it always an issue?

I just traded in an Accord V6 for a closeout deal on a 1st gen TLX. So far so good. ZF is smooth. The vehicle could launch a little better, but its not a deal breaker. I paid less for my TLX than I did the Accord. I just didn't see me liking anything else out there for the next 2-3 years to work out 1st year model issues and have deals available. Would absolutely love a 3G RDX Type-S post MMC, assuming they get rid of the terrible road noise.
Thanks. Congrats on your pick up. It's still a great car overall. The ZF is generally smooth, it's just it has issues when punching it. I'm glad you don't notice, but it's a deficiency of this particular transmission because of the dog clutch. I noticed it mainly when i needed it. Merging onto the freeway or trying to go across multiple lanes of traffic, you punch it and it will hesitate for a second, enough to make you wonder what's wrong. It did this in all modes with Eco being worse. I mitigated it by keeping it in Sport. But even in Sport with the paddle usage it won't hold it in gear. It will automatically shift up or down as necessary. Sport + can be used fully automatic (a bit jerky) or will hold gears until paddle upshift/downshifts to get around these limitations. It also doesn't help that i'm comparing it to my 6spd manual CL Type S so I may be more picky than others. Some have installed SprintBoosters to help this so check those posts out on the forum.