AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Custom IDS settings? (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/custom-ids-settings-953293/)

csmoore 01-07-2017 07:49 PM

Custom IDS settings?

Probably not an answer for this, but will ask anyway. Is there some way to customize the IDS settings. I would like the sport mode for steering firmness and acceleration, but with the quieter sound setting from Normal mode. Any way to do this?

carl

Momyc 01-07-2017 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by csmoore (Post 15930629)
Probably not an answer for this, but will ask anyway. Is there some way to customize the IDS settings. I would like the sport mode for steering firmness and acceleration, but with the quieter sound setting from Normal mode. Any way to do this?

carl

I wished , but no.

One4AL 07-02-2019 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Momyc (Post 15930633)
I wished , but no.

Carl and Momyc (and anyone else),

Would you please be able to help me with this specific IDS mode issue I believe I am experiencing with my 2015 TLX V6 SH-AWD. I'm looking to find out if my memory is right, or wrong, about how my TLX used to behave in different IDS modes. In other words, does your TLX behave like mine does now, or like what I believe mine used to behave?

I recall I used to drive 117kms/h (73mph)(Cruise Control) in ECONO IDS mode and my engine used to be at 1400-1450 RPM, and I also believe the RPM used to go up every time I switched IDS modes from Econo to Normal, from Normal to Sport, and from Sport to Sport+. Nowaday, when driving under the same conditions, precisely at 117kms/h (Cruise Control), my TLX revolution is 1600RPM regardless if I switch from Econo, Normal or Sport IDS modes, but the RPM goes up when I switch to Sport+.

Accordingly, could you please test your TLX and share results. Could you please detail what is the approximative RPM for each IDS mode, while driving 117kms/h.

Furthermore, should your TLX behave alike what I believe my TLX used to behave, would you (or anyone on the forum) have any idea how I could figure out what (configurations?) has been changed in my TLX by the Acura dealer.

Thanks in advance for your support.

theredia92 07-02-2019 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by One4AL (Post 16447264)
Carl and Momyc (and anyone else),

Would you please be able to help me with this specific IDS mode issue I believe I am experiencing with my 2015 TLX V6 SH-AWD. I'm looking to find out if my memory is right, or wrong, about how my TLX used to behave in different IDS modes. In other words, does your TLX behave like mine does now, or like what I believe mine used to behave?

I recall I used to drive 117kms/h (73mph)(Cruise Control) in ECONO IDS mode and my engine used to be at 1400-1450 RPM, and I also believe the RPM used to go up every time I switched IDS modes from Econo to Normal, from Normal to Sport, and from Sport to Sport+. Nowaday, when driving under the same conditions, precisely at 117kms/h (Cruise Control), my TLX revolution is 1600RPM regardless if I switch from Econo, Normal or Sport IDS modes, but the RPM goes up when I switch to Sport+.

Accordingly, could you please test your TLX and share results. Could you please detail what is the approximative RPM for each IDS mode, while driving 117kms/h.

Furthermore, should your TLX behave alike what I believe my TLX used to behave, would you (or anyone on the forum) have any idea how I could figure out what (configurations?) has been changed in my TLX by the Acura dealer.

Thanks in advance for your support.

At 73 MPH my RPM stay constant no matter if I am in Econ, Normal, or Sport. If I switch to Sport +, then the transmission automatically downshifts and that raises the RPM. At 73 MPH you're in top gear plus overdrive regardless of what mode you are in, except for Sport +.

someguy11 07-02-2019 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by theredia92 (Post 16447313)
At 73 MPH my RPM stay constant no matter if I am in Econ, Normal, or Sport. If I switch to Sport +, then the transmission automatically downshifts and that raises the RPM. At 73 MPH you're in top gear plus overdrive regardless of what mode you are in, except for Sport +.

^--This here too. At 73mph, I'm in 9th gear running between 1500-1600rpm. When I cycle through IDSs while cruising, the only mode that changes anything is Sport+.

I think people think IDS does more than it actually does. Acura sure makes it sound like a powerful tool by calling it "Integrated Dynamics System," but IDS really only changes throttle mapping for fuel economy. My guess is it feathers the throttle in ECO to accelerate gradually. Sport+ forces the transmission to hold gears longer and avoid the top two gears. Acura claims Sport lessens the steering assist, which I take to mean some power steering feedback adjustment? I've never been able to feel a perceivable difference. IDS should not be confused with any dynamic vehicle setting - engine mapping, suspension spring tightness/shocks pressure, transmission shifting, etc. I think IDS is smoke and mirror advertising more than a driving tool. The only thing that would have legitimately changed what you're describing would be Acura ECU/TCM update/remapping/reflash and idle relearn cycle. That actually changes the car's computer system software.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...4120dc0698.png

One4AL 07-02-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by someguy11 (Post 16447327)
^--This here too. At 73mph, I'm in 9th gear running between 1500-1600rpm. When I cycle through IDSs while cruising, the only mode that changes anything is Sport+... The only thing that would have legitimately changed what you're describing would be Acura ECU/TCM update/remapping/reflash and idle relearn cycle. That actually changes the car's computer system software.

I know for a fact (I can prove this with picture/video) my TLX used to run 1400-1450RPM in Econ IDS mode at 117kms/h (73mph) and now runs 1600RPM. As per someguy11, this could have been the result of a software update. Can we find which precise update and does this change of RPM increases the actual gaz consumption?

This also brings me back to the vibration issue. I believe the RPM has voluntarily been increase by Honda(Acura) to "solve" (read: try fixing) the vibration issue at constant speed. The vibration at 117kms/h (73mph) has simply migrate towards 105kms/h (65mph) when the RPM is back in that "sweet spot", as the car speed decreases, located between 1250-1450RPM.

One4AL 07-05-2019 05:21 PM

TLX owners,

Regarding IDS modes: I'm glad to report that a great friend of mine confirmed to me today that he has perform many road tests and his TLX currently behave like mine used to behave (see my hereabove post for a behaviour description). Accordingly, the RPM of his 2016 V6 TLX "fluctuates a lot from one IDS mode to another" (Note: we both are located in Canada, although it should have nothing to do with it).

I believe the firsts three (3) IDS modes (Econ, Normal and Sport) on my 2015 TLX were disactivated and merged (or disabled) sometime during 2018, probably in Fall. I believe this modification may have also been applied to other cars, since Carl and "Momyc" reported their TLX acts like mine does now. Could this have been possibly done by Honda in order to disengage the "self-learning" of the ZF9 Transmission as well as to "move" to a slower speed (ie: 115kms(63mph)) the vibrations originally reported at 117kms/h (73mph)?

I would like to hear from other TLX Owners who can report their TLX IDS modes still does have a direct effect on the RPM.

One4AL 08-18-2019 04:54 PM

^^^ in order to rectify my previous posts, and in order to not be misleading anyone

I road tested my friend's TLX today and, after verification, I have to admit his car does not react much differently than mine does with regards to IDS modes and RPM range. I was told differently, but the fact is that only the IDS Sport+ raises his RPM. Accordingly, the Econ, Normal and Sport IDS modes are not modifying his car's RPM any differently then then what it currently does it on my car. This new fact sheds a dought in my mind about my conception of how IDS modes used to react. That said, I'm also wondering why my personal video shows my TLX running at 1450 RPM, in Econ mode, at 117km/h.

I'll keep looking for answers but, at this point and until I'll find new evidence that RPM used to be reacting to Econ-Normal-Sport IDS modes differently than it does now, I'll have to suppose I might have been wrongly assuming IDS modes were reacting independently. Sorry for this confusion.

That said, today's road test confirmed both TLX are vibrating the same way when VCM engages and engine run on 3 cylinders.