Considering V6, transmission fixed yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by TLX15
When alone, I drive in Sport, but my wife usually prefers the "smoothness" of Normal. Once while riding together on a highway, in Normal, I attempted a passing maneuver and when I pressed the throttle, there was a profound hesitation before the car accelerated. I can't see how this could be considered acceptable by the R & D team before the car was released or how it can be overlooked for an update from one model year to the next. Again Acura is ignoring this problem, just as it is the vibration issues. I don't think the engine or trans is inherently bad, I think the programming has to be adjusted.

I am trying to let those considering this car know exactly what they can expect. It would take more than a test drive to experience all the issues.

Since I don't want to fork over the balance due on my lease to get out of it early (I've spent more on this car than it is worth already), I cannot move on right now.
Of course, you can and should share your experience. But it's also legit for others to point out that the majority of their 2016 and later cars don't have these issues. It's becoming upsetting only when the TLX owners who have positive experience get belittled and shouted down on an online community that's supposed to be a home and resource for THEM.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by txl2017
Of course, you can and should share your experience. But it's also legit for others to point out that the majority of their 2016 and later cars don't have these issues. It's becoming upsetting only when the TLX owners who have positive experience get belittled and shouted down on an online community that's supposed to be a home and resource for THEM.
You just proved my point. Complain, but not too much.
The following 3 users liked this post by pyrodan007:
BEAR-AvHistory (11-13-2017), kurtatx (11-13-2017), steig (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
You just proved my point. Complain, but not too much.
Well, this is a forum with "theme". Let me put it this way. If you join a say bridge club, it's probably ok to say that bridge is involving little physical activity so if one wants physical exercises then bridge may not be for them. But it would be unacceptable if you say bridge is an obsolete game and whoever plays it is a moron. People have to remember that majority of the current TXL owners made a choice in owning the car. They don't need to be told that their car is crap.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by txl2017
Well, this is a forum with "theme". Let me put it this way. If you join a say bridge club, it's probably ok to say that bridge is involving little physical activity so if one wants physical exercises then bridge may not be for them. But it would be unacceptable if you say bridge is an obsolete game and whoever plays it is a moron. People have to remember that majority of the current TXL owners made a choice in owning the car. They don't need to be told that their car is crap.
Do you spell TLX incorrectly on purpose?

Let's put it this way. You own an Acura. You spent a lot of money on it. You go to a forum filled with people that share your interest . Over time, you and most of your forum acquaintances realize that your interests have changed. You don't want to leave because you genuinely like the discussion made here.

Add this: most of us want Acura to succeed. It's failing right now. The organization remains a joke. It's better than it was 5 years ago, but they still have deep philosophical problems that prevent them from being a great luxury marque.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Don't get too sensitive.
I think everyone here appreciates your input and any issues that you had with your car and Acura itself. I stayed away from the 15' transmission issues due to your (and others)input.
I think what most of the other peeps here are saying is "thanks for the info...now stop hijacking every other thread with the same negativity".
I personally find what you and other unhappy owners have to say very valuable. Definitely good information, but I have to be honest...I see a post with your name on it and without even reading it I already know what's in it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sloppy305:
a35tl (11-13-2017), mapleloaf (11-14-2017), steve_97060 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Instructor

Do you spell TLX incorrectly on purpose?
Typo.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by Sloppy305
Don't get too sensitive.
I think everyone here appreciates your input and any issues that you had with your car and Acura itself. I stayed away from the 15' transmission issues due to your (and others)input.
I think what most of the other peeps here are saying is "thanks for the info...now stop hijacking every other thread with the same negativity".
I personally find what you and other unhappy owners have to say very valuable. Definitely good information, but I have to be honest...I see a post with your name on it and without even reading it I already know what's in it.
I'm guessing that post was directed to me, very well.

I didn't come here to say anything bad, just that I know how TLX15 feels concerning the crappy after sales service. I knew I would be getting some responses. It's interesting that many have no problems saying bad things about previous Germans being bad, even if they improved tremendously. Saying justified bad things about previous Acura's is now considered taboo. So be it, at least I helped somebody lol

And yet nobody responded when it counted, why the TLX Aspec deserves the car of the year award. Compared to all sedans on the market, price not factored in.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 11-13-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
I'm guessing that post was directed to me, very well.

I didn't come here to say anything bad, just that I know how TLX15 feels concerning the crappy after sales service. I knew I would be getting some responses. It's interesting that many have no problems saying bad things about previous Germans being bad, even if they improved tremendously. Saying justified bad things about previous Acura's is now considered taboo. So be it, at least I helped somebody lol

And yet nobody responded when it counted, why the TLX Aspec deserves the car of the year award. Compared to all sedans on the market, price not factored in.
No one can explain why a average to above average "luxury" sedan should be car of the year. There's no viable argument for it, honestly.
The following users liked this post:
pyrodan007 (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 11:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Aa several have attempted to explain, many people come to this and other forums to share do it yourself fixes, mods, positive stories about their cars and for some good old fashioned enjoyment. To get bombarded by stories of how much better their 3rd or 4th gen TLs were, how, Acura corporately is a joke, how the TLX pails in comparison compared to an "insert brand here" etc. etc begins to wear on some. Again, maybe its more those opinions are sometimes stated with a degree of smugness and vitrol.
As for "Car of the Year", the criteria for this and other competitions are so wildly different, the selections themselves subject to "market forces", who really cares what a few automotive journalists decide is the best. Kinda like ranking the top 100 NHL players this past year. Everyone has a different list.

Last edited by mapleloaf; 11-14-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:20 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Aa several have attempted to explain, many people come to this and other forums to share do it yourself fixes, mods, positive stories about their cars and for some good old fashioned enjoyment. To get bombarded by stories of how much better their 3rd or 4th gen TLs were, how, Acura corporately is a joke, how the TLX pails in comparison compared to an "insert brand here" etc. etc begins to wear on some. Again, maybe its more those opinions are sometimes stated with a degree of smugness and vitrol.
As for "Car of the Year", the criteria for this and other competitions are so wildly different, the selections themselves subject to "market forces", who really cares what a few automotive journalists decide is the best. Kinda like ranking the top 100 NHL players this past year. Everyone has a different list.
While that is true, calling the TLX runner up for car of the year is like saying Tyler Seguin is the second best player in hockey. He's a good player, but no one would ever say that.