Anyone out there put an order in for the Aspec?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 223 Posts
Anyone out there put an order in for the Aspec?

I was at the dealer again last week getting an RDX after purchasing a new TLX a couple months ago. The sales manager said they have very few pre-orders for the 2018 Aspec at this point. Was wondering how many people are going to go for the new model that have either the 1st gen TLX or a 3rd or 4th gen TL.

While like many I would liked a Type S that seems to be a few years off at this point but they did say the trans has been "tweaked" on the Aspec model and looks wise I think its a great step forward (although many seem to not like it). Also the suspension upgrades and larger wheels should be a nice improvement on top of the aesthetics. The sales manager did say that there would likely be little or no incentives for 3 or 4 months on the new model so there is that. Oddly he said they have sold out of all the TLX 4cyl models and at most are only getting one more shipment in so the current V6 is heavily discounted. Perhaps another reason why the Aspec is limited to the V6 in 2018 since the 4cyl is an easier sell.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
I'm gonna wait until the Kia Stinger comes out to compare and see which vehicle is better. The new TLX looks good, really good but I like the looks of the Kia Stinger more and it also has more power. The TLX will likely have way better fuel economy though.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rockyboy
I'm gonna wait until the Kia Stinger comes out to compare and see which vehicle is better. The new TLX looks good, really good but I like the looks of the Kia Stinger more and it also has more power. The TLX will likely have way better fuel economy though.
That is definitely a nice looking car. For some reason I have never been able to get over buying a Kia or Hyundai for some reason. Maybe too many japanese and german purchases to venture over there.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Awaiting test drive embargo to end on 5/18.
The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
F23A4 (05-16-2017), MTD (05-04-2017), pyrodan007 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 07:27 AM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
I am interested in the car.

However...I would never "pre order" a car without test driving it and actually seeing it in person.

How does the dealer know how many are pre ordered? His job is to sell as many 16/17 TLXs as possible so his statement of "very few" pre-orders could be misleading.
Also...what is the pre ordering process? I don't see that on the Acura website.
I am also interested in actual reviews that include driving experience. It's very hard to make a decision only on looks. I like the reveal, but I wouldn't throw money at a manufacturer without having driven it.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:18 AM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
"pre-ordering" is basically going in and putting 1000 down on the car you want for them to hold it for you when it arrives. My local dealer said they have ordered 3, one of which is the color combo i want. Since pricing has still not been released, i think most are waiting on that to happen, and to read initial reviews before putting there deposit down. Most are thinking that information will be available May 18th when the embargo lifts.

My dealer, at least the sales guy i spoke with said they are not negotiating at all on the car, at least for 6 months or until inventory levels are high. They are asking MSRP, but they say thats generous because he thinks most dealers will be charging a mark up on the A-Spec.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Silvaccordex01
They are asking MSRP, but they say thats generous because he thinks most dealers will be charging a mark up on the A-Spec.
I think he's trying to get YOU to pay a markup to be first. I can't imagine a markup on any TLX. That'll just cause it to sit until it starts costing the dealer on their floorplan financing.
The following users liked this post:
F23A4 (05-08-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 648 Likes on 349 Posts
I would get a 2018 Aspec in the fall of 2019
Old 05-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by Silvaccordex01
They are asking MSRP, but they say thats generous because he thinks most dealers will be charging a mark up on the A-Spec.
The guy is tap dancing with you. Nothing in their sales record for the TLX suggests there would be a pent up demand that would command a MSRP or greater than MSRP price. He is fishing for a person who just can't wait & is shopping on emotion instead of logic. Only way to get the best price is work a couple dealers & be prepared to walk away..

My 2018 LCI (MMC) is being built to order for $1400 under invoice. Best of 3 dealers.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I think he's trying to get YOU to pay a markup to be first. I can't imagine a markup on any TLX. That'll just cause it to sit until it starts costing the dealer on their floorplan financing.
Bingo, The dealer can Mark Up the car as much as they want to, but that car will be covered in dust since it won't move one mile off the lot thanks to the "Mark UP"
Old 05-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
As much as I like the improvements with the MMC, my TLX has me very bitter and done. We will see what FMC offers before I decide to come back to Acura.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31
I was at the dealer again last week getting an RDX after purchasing a new TLX a couple months ago. The sales manager said they have very few pre-orders for the 2018 Aspec at this point. Was wondering how many people are going to go for the new model that have either the 1st gen TLX or a 3rd or 4th gen TL.

While like many I would liked a Type S that seems to be a few years off at this point but they did say the trans has been "tweaked" on the Aspec model and looks wise I think its a great step forward (although many seem to not like it). Also the suspension upgrades and larger wheels should be a nice improvement on top of the aesthetics. The sales manager did say that there would likely be little or no incentives for 3 or 4 months on the new model so there is that. Oddly he said they have sold out of all the TLX 4cyl models and at most are only getting one more shipment in so the current V6 is heavily discounted. Perhaps another reason why the Aspec is limited to the V6 in 2018 since the 4cyl is an easier sell.
My salesman (now Sales Manager) tells me there will be an Elite/Advance version of the 4 cylinder, which pleases me.
kurtatx (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 06:34 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
My salesman (now Sales Manager) tells me there will be an Elite/Advance version of the 4 cylinder, which pleases me.
Now if only they could figure out a way to SH-AWD the 4 cylinder.

Although, that may all be moot as the next gen will probably have a 2.0T
Old 05-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by KeithL
As much as I like the improvements with the MMC, my TLX has me very bitter and done. We will see what FMC offers before I decide to come back to Acura.
Has your TLX experience been that bad? I don't have a dog in this hunt yet, but I am curious since I'm at least (for now) considering a TLX in A-Spec form.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Has your TLX experience been that bad? I don't have a dog in this hunt yet, but I am curious since I'm at least (for now) considering a TLX in A-Spec form.
I seem to recall him just being underwhelmed with the whole car.

https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...g-post-951727/
Old 05-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Miami Acura (my dealer) left a voicemail today saying the TLX will be in showroom first week of June.
They will have a couple for test driving as well.

The reviews of the car can be published after May 18th...so I'll browse through as many as possible of those and then schedule a test drive(s) whenever the car is available.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haven't been following the A-Spec seen some exterior pic's floating around on here i believe..
but what's the difference between A-Spec and Elite Package?

also in the same boat as a few.. this will probably be my last Acura as well.. not a bad car but underwhelmed with it as well..
kinda disappointed with Honda/Acura.. Had the '17 V6 Accord and it felt lighter and faster but it lacked a ton of basic tech ..
then i buy the '16 V6 SH-AWD not knowing anything about Elite so i thought Tech pack was the best and lost some features i had in the Accord..
so i'm a bit annoyed i lost sensors, ACC, fogs, and wireless charger.. i did gain heated steering/folding mirrors but no a\c seats..
also my tranny is very on and off.. some days it's flawless then randomly some days it's laggy..
also the price tag on the Acura was a bit high for my liking..
i could have bought a '12-13 M3 or C63 AMG.. i know they are 3 yrs older but they are much more beastly and eye turning for the same price..
now i gotta keep it for a min of 4 yrs until i can get the Model3 Tesla
Old 05-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
just wait it out, considerating how the TLX depreciates nowadays, also you can get a good deal in a year or two. It would be foolish to buy now.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:57 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackTLXadvance
just wait it out, considerating how the TLX depreciates nowadays, also you can get a good deal in a year or two. It would be foolish to buy now.
How bad is depreciation on these things or do u mean now AWD models.. Purchased hoping it wouldn't be too bad coming over from a BMW, depreciation was incredibly sad
Old 05-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Got a call from the acura dealer today. They said they will have the 2018 in the showroom as early as next week.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Pro

Received 543 Likes on 256 Posts
Same here. Dealer called and told me they may have a white/black and black/black A-specs in as early as Memorial Day weekend. They've been notified that their first shipment of 2108s is on its way from Ohio.

Originally Posted by jhb31
Got a call from the acura dealer today. They said they will have the 2018 in the showroom as early as next week.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
if you search my posts you will see. Has it been horrible, no, is it a frustrating huge disappointment, YES. The tranny is junk, although people with 16+ say it is fixed. The head unit is a laggy confused and dated, the sub in the ELS sound like it is not a gen there. The leather is not as good as the previous gen. Brake calipers are crap, mine warped immediately. Stock tires are junk, I replaced them after first highway drive in the rain. The auto wipers are erratic. These are the big annoyances, but as with anything else YMMV. Look at my sig and see how many Acura's I have owned. By far TLX is the worst. That said it is a decent car depending on what you seek, I think the competition is too tight and Acura has slipped. The updates for the MMC help it hang on, but if you plan on owning it for many years I think you may be disappointed, if it is a short term say lease then it ain't bad.
pyrodan007 (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks, Keith. I'm looking for a short term, inexpensive lease, so if the A-Spec is decent, may try that. I'm going through a bit with my RLX, so I'm not sure I'm going to do that again (when I'm done dealing with the dealer, I'll post my experience, siiiiigh), or I'm headed back to Cadillac (CTS-VSport is an inexpensive lease) as the two Cadis I've owned have been surprisingly solid.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Bob,
Sorry to hear about your RLX_SH. Will await your experience. I have been please for the most part with my TLX, '15 Adv.